It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia: a link to heaven or hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Everything I’ve seen should point me to the existence of a divine creator and a heaven and hell yet everything in me wants to deny this existence. I’ve heard heavenly songs and demonic voices. I’ve been on a regal heavenly high and spent the nights in the depths of sorrow. Everything in me wants to believe science and that these voices and heavenly songs are misfiring neurons in my brain. I’ll never have an answer until the day I die, I just hope I don’t find myself in the depths of sorrow and pain if there truly is such a place besides Earth which seems to be a hell in and of itself. I don’t mean to critisize you God, but why would you create such a place? And, if you are almighty couldn’t you create a more perfect world? Why create a world with an Illness such as this?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There is no god.

Tell me, when you hear those voices, do you hear them like you hear your voice in your head when reading, or do the voices sound like they're coming from an outside source?

When I hear things, I hear my own thoughts, but they sound as though I'm listening to a radio, not exactly "in my mind".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

I've always asked myself that question.. Is Schizophrenia a link to both Heaven and Hell? Come to think of it.. People hear voices from "Demons" and such.. And they are called "crazy".. It makes me wonder. But none-the-less.. Schizophrenia people in my opinion are not crazy, they may seem very crazy to everyone, but.. really, they aren't.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I know how you feel. A lot of people feel the same.
With all this mess how can a god be in charge.
This is more like hell. Than heaven.
If there is a god he will do nothing to help us.
Is it a test of are faith. Or just are stupidity.
They people believe in him.

And why only do good for a god?
Why not be good because you are good?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Schizophrenia is not a link to heaven or hell and it is not a glitch in the Matrix and does not mean you have telepathic powers.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I started questioning all my beliefs after my would be wife developed Schizophrenia. I do believe in other "realms"....in a way....but Schizophrenia is Schizophrenia. And its scary as hell.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

i don't speak for god so i wouldn't know his reasons yet what is the goal of man in the computer field? A fully functional AI intelligence. Why is that? If you think about it that way then you must know that people have programing eat,sleep,screw,poop repeat process. Yet we also have he ability to think for our self's with two types of programing in conflict with each other. This is interesting because what if you gave your robot the chance to not except his programing and form thoughts of his own aka religion and not go on his programed path of circles over and over again he would then become like his creator that is what it is to be holy. Now if robot followed your rules didn't kill, loved you ect would you not begin to care for it? Now what if you took yourself totally out of the picture and just let it chose for its self placing trials and tribulations to make his path more amazing if he does follow your teaching. Nothing worth anything in life comes without personal sacrifice school,family,faith,job when you understand that it makes it easier

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

lol does your wife get Schizophrenia one a month like every women on the planet

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

lol does your wife get Schizophrenia one a month like every women on the planet

She was to be my wife. And she is dead.
edit: and how can you make that long winded comment above and then post that? I don't care and all, but you sound retarded....)
edit on 9-12-2010 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It's in your hand to create your heaven from hell.
Use these voices in your benefit.What do they tell you?Do they reveal secrets?Do they tell you to harm yourself or others? Are those voices pleasant or scary?
It might be scary but they are your thoughts.Your unconcious self is trying to surface.You never paid much attention to your thoughts and your innerself is trying to get your attention.
I know it sounds crazy,but no demons,no angels here.Just you.
When did they voices started?Did sth happened that somehow changed you(physical or emotional).Search within yourself and you will find the answer.

I'm not gonna argue here if there is a god or not,i will just quote Mulder:
Mulder: You know, they say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you, it's schizophrenia.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have a thread on here and a few people have suggested that I may have Schizophrenia. I myself am unsure but like the Mulder quote above Schizophrenia is just a word. It is the name given at present to an experience. I'm not sure when it was first used but before then it was somthing else. If you read any religious text and apply todays reasoning then anyone who spoke to God would simply be Schizophrenic. Many of the worlds greatest scientists and philosophers could also be classed as such, its a question of perspective.

Think of it this way. If you are rich and powerful and drink whiskey in the bar at lunchtime while discussing business then this is deemed acceptable.
If you sit at home and drink cider and discuss television then your a looser.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar
I have a thread on here and a few people have suggested that I may have Schizophrenia. I myself am unsure but like the Mulder quote above Schizophrenia is just a word. It is the name given at present to an experience. I'm not sure when it was first used but before then it was somthing else. If you read any religious text and apply todays reasoning then anyone who spoke to God would simply be Schizophrenic. Many of the worlds greatest scientists and philosophers could also be classed as such, its a question of perspective.

Think of it this way. If you are rich and powerful and drink whiskey in the bar at lunchtime while discussing business then this is deemed acceptable.
If you sit at home and drink cider and discuss television then your a looser.

yeah, alot of awesome people in history had mental problems. Sorta related, but kinda not really, watch the movie "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". He wasn't Schizophrenic he was manic depressive. He made great art and made himself and those around him suffer even more.

I have taken care of a Schizophrenic. I think at times, "in" Schizophrenia, the person may become connected to some other form of thought or consciousness ....But most of the time they are paranoid, impulsive and reckless. They usually chain smoke, jump from subject to subject, and believe in/and/or create lies which are added onto through conversation. Most stories all seem to be the same....picking up groceries or magazines in the supermarket thinking they contain "secret messages" for you, thinking a microsoft update is contact from the government, seeing unmarked cars monitoring you from outside your window, believing your stuffed animals have "spying" devices inside them, etc....

-As for thefamiliar,
Your not Schizophrenic because you are asking yourself if you are.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
By feeding into someone's paranoid delusions when they openly admit to having a mental illness IS NOT HELPING them, nor is it "polite."

If you continue doing this god knows what will happen, OP I'm sorry man but it's only a illness you aren't connected to Heaven or Hell, those aren't the voices of Angels or Demons.

You people really need to STOP this kind of crap (this isn't directed at you OP) God only knows what someone would do because a pack of fools fed into their delusions.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

A friend of mine used to be Manic depressive. Now he's Bi-Polar. He feels a lot better as a Bi-Polar than he did as a Manic Depressive! I'm sure they will change the name again soon but it will not and will change what it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm so glad someone has brought this subject up, any advice will be appreciated.

My friend's husband was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic when he was in his early twenties - he's 45 now. He has been sectioned a couple of times and he is terrified of going back there.

He says he hears voices that sound like his friends voices, and he says they ridicule him and threaten to kill him. He's told me he is frightened for his life because 'they' are watching his every move and hear everything he says.

He says that 'they':

Tell him everyone hates him and wants him dead.
'They' follow him everywhere in an invisible craft in the sky.
'They' aim an invisible beam at him, and this beam creates a severe burning sensation.
They tell him all his family and friends are conspiring against him.

I've asked him who 'they' might be but he says he doesn't know and that's what he has to find out. He doesn't know why 'they' want him dead either. He's accused me of also being 'in on it'.

He also abuses amphetamines and has done for years, I've told him these drugs are only making things a hell of a lot worse for him, but he wont stop. He says prescription medications prevent him from finding out who 'they' are because he cant think straight, so he hasnt took prescribed meds for years. He thinks the psychiatrists are 'in on it' too, everyone he knows is 'in on it'.

He really is in a bad way and getting no better, and I don't know how to help. I'm afraid to anyway, because he is very capable of hurting or even killing someone he thinks has betayed him. His condition has deteriorated so badly this last few months I'm worried he will harm someone soon - but what do I do? How do I help him? He attacked his mother a few years ago after she tried to get him help, that's one of the times he was sectioned.

He attacked his wife the other week for not owning up to her involvement in the' conspiracy' against him.

I heard he threatened his neighbours the other day because he said he could hear them throught the walls of his house, laughing at him and saying they hate him. They called the police and he was arrested, but released after a couple of hours.

He badly needs professional help and meds, and to be honest, I think he should be sectioned at this present time, it's dangerous for anyone to be around him.

He's getting worse.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why do some of you presume to be able to state with absolute certainty what exists and what does not?

Saying with definitiveness that God or the Matrix or Schizophrenia or heaven and hell does or does not exist is megalomaniac self-importance and shuts down any sort of open-minded inquiry into the mysteries of the world.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Alot of people apparently mixes up Schizophrenia with hearing vocies and a bunch of other things, such as that anyone that were in direct contact with 'God' or various entities during Ancient times, were Schizophrenic.

Schizophrenia is not a gift or blessing or what you want to call it, to anyone. And although the disease may result in a somewhat "Sharper level of alertness", the rest of the disease is extremely downbraking and destructive.

Again; There is nothing good or "Divine" about it.
And, going out on a limb here, I would say that a person to a degree knows if He or She is Schizophrenic or not.
If He or She is merely "Hearing vocies", but still functions, thinks and comprehends as a "normal" person, not only for a while but permanently, then that person is very likely not a Schizophrenic, as a Schizophrenic do not realize that He or She is actually sick and functions in an abnormal way. Hence, such a person do not question their behaviour or experiences.

If a person is merely hearing voices, say since many years, but other than that is perfectly normal and have a fully normal grip of reality- then that person should very much consider the possibility of simply being Psychic.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Dissociative Identity Disorder is also a mental disorder which is accompanied by "hearing voices." The only difference is the voices seem to come from inside of a person and not from the outside. And the voices actually have names and different perspectives on life and such-they even have different mannerisms motivations and habits. Essentially completely different people inside one persons body.
Sometimes people get DID and schizophrenia mixed up, but they are very different things and both come with "voices" just in a completely different way

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Everyone has an inner voice.

Amazing, these people play on ignorance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

When I hear things, I hear my own thoughts, but they sound as though I'm listening to a radio, not exactly "in my mind".

I'm similar to this, I will be thinking of something in my head, and suddenly a voice will finish what I am thinking sometimes, and I don't have to put any thought into the end of it at all.. It's like something just pops in and says it. It's usually the same voice, sounds like a little kid, and it's hard to distinguish whether it is male or female.
I don't think I have schizophrenia however I do have many symptoms and when I was younger I would see people that weren't really there...

A few examples, at my grandma's house a woman in a white dress/gown walked right beside me and out the door that was directly to my left, there was no other way in to the room, behind me was a closet and a TV.

I was seeing a psychologist and when I was there telling her about it, I saw a hand reach around the wall and hang on to the edge of it.

I'd see shadows a LOT, just about everywhere I went.

But for the most part it was women in white clothes, not sure why.

I've looked up the symptoms to schizophrenia a lot and I do have many symptoms, but it seems impossible for me to have it as I already have depression, anxiety, and anger issues... But who knows, could just be one more disorder to the list.

I wouldn't say schizophrenia has any link to a Heaven or a Hell, personally.
I think it's simply a psychological disorder.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join