It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, U.S. on verge of North American trade "security perimeter."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Canada, U.S. on verge of North American trade "security perimeter."

www.calgaryherald.com

OTTAWA — A landmark deal is at hand between Canada and the United States to form a trade and security perimeter around the continent with an eye to easing the flow of goods and people across the border, the National Post is reporting.

Called the New Border Vision, the pact could be signed as early as January by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
More on the story...

"The New Border Vision is being billed as a border management system that will include new common consumer product regulations, a pre-clearance agreement for goods crossing the border to expedite waiting times and the use of advanced technology to utilize biometric data for travellers at airports and land crossings, reports say."

Although I do realize this may be in the direction of a "good idea" since Canada/US share the largest border and we are the 2 largest trading power... this is all step by step to total control.

It's late... I'll elaborate tomorrow morning

www.calgaryherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So, here comes the beginning of the NAU (North American Union)......not that i dislike my neighbors to the north. I find them very friendly, intelligent, and fun. I just don't like that fact of losing my country, my constitution, or my sovereignty. Even if my constitution has been compromised. It's stinks this day and age! It really does but I am an oathkeeper and I hope everything works out well for all

edit on 9-12-2010 by gator1177 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Damn shame the US doesn't pay as much attention to it's southern borders..

Must be more scared of them crazy canadians than the crazy mexicans

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
So, here comes the beginning of the NAU (North American Union)......not that i dislike my neighbors to the north. I find them very friendly, intelligent, and fun. I just don't like that fact of losing my country, my constitution, or my sovereignty. Even if my constitution has been compromised. It's stinks this day and age! It really does but I am an oathkeeper and I hope everything works out well for all

LOSING YOUR SOVEREIGNTY?!

NAFTA was not "free trade"; it was an "investor's rights agreement". It was the instrument to American domination of our economy.

Now this bloody traitor Harper is going to sell us out some more?! My fangs bare at your insolence, Prime Minister Harper. You are just a tool, just like Mulroney. You don't care about us, just your own bank account and elite friends.

I'm sure CSIS is probably monitoring my criticisms by now. Good. Send the message to Harper that he is an idiot and he has done much to dissolve the once proud nation of Canada. Our country has been described as a whore, bending down to the US, and it is Harper that has pimped us out once again. Our military, in the hands of the US. Our economy, in the hands of the US. Our politicians, CLEARLY in the hands of the US.

What is left for us to have? Our politeness? Our politeness has cost us our integrity.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
they should shut down the mexican border, unless you like cartel members going to you border states and decapiting locals for ransom.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
they should shut down the mexican border, unless you like cartel members going to you border states and decapiting locals for ransom.

Why would they shut down the Mexican border? American corporations destroyed jobs in Mexico and now they thrive on exploiting the cheap labor provided by illegal immigrants on US soil. It also creates security jobs and injects investment into security technology. The US could easily end this problem, but they allow it to continue because they profit from it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Damn shame the US doesn't pay as much attention to it's southern borders..

Must be more scared of them crazy canadians than the crazy mexicans

Mexico is involved.

The idea is to secure the continent borders, just as much as the northern and southern country borders through joint partnerships between the three nations. It is not a violation of sovereignty, it is a call for mutual cooperation to encourage stable and legal trade. lol

Let us look at what has been said.

The New Border Vision is being billed as a border management system that will include new common consumer product regulations, a pre-clearance agreement for goods crossing the border to expedite waiting times and the use of advanced technology to utilize biometric data for travellers at airports and land crossings

Border management system- a set of plans, rules and guidelines used to govern border activities.

Common consumer product regulations- Rules and regulations that we (Canada, US, Mexico) will all go by for importing and exporting goods between our nations.

Pre-clearance agreement for goods crossing the border to expedite waiting times and the use of advanced technology to utilize biometric data for travellers at airports and land crossings Fingerprint scanners or some other equipment will be used to speed up the process of going through secured crossings.

You guys are bad... if anyone is going to notice any first hand change, it is going to be travellers, truck drivers and the businesses importing and exporting goods. This has nothing to do with one of the three nations surrendering their country over to another.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Canada has excellent border protection of their country.

I wonder if they ever did find out how illegal immigrants got moved from California to Alaska to build our new F-22 hangars at the Air Base up there??

They either were smuggled across the border....or the US Air Force flew them up. Dontcha find it odd the Commander of the Air Base killed himself shortly after that story broke?

Palin quit being Governor?

There must have been lots of money involved for people to do that. Getting Canada to drop its border protection will make it easier to truck up illegal immigrants for Military Contracts up there so somebody can make lots of $$$$.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It's not uncommon for Mexican workers to be shipped to work industry jobs in Canada too. When I did some work in Alberta a few years back, I always heard locals complaining about the big corporations bringing in Mexicans to replace high-wage Canadian jobs. Pretty messed up, eh?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

This has been in the works for soem time now. Back in the day when immigration became a hot topic, Homeland Security came into existance, and several other factors the US and Canada had toyed with the idea of essentially removing the checks at border crossing into each others country. Instead they wanted to redeploy those resources to port and airports and check items and people coming into each others countries from outside the US or Canada.

One of the issues was an inconsistent immigration and visitation policy. This is not pushing for a merging of each others countries, so I am not sure why people are going down that road, unless you hav infomration that is not being reported.

Having lived in Detroit for some years being able to cross into canada without having to wait in line for 2 hours while Canadian and US Customs did there thing.

If you want to see how this already works look up information on border crossing in states with low population (maine, Vermont, Montanna, Idaho). People on either side of the border routinely cross without gonig through customs for food, gas etc (essentially one big city split by country and townfolks dont care).

We have border crossing that are not even manned. In some instances people are expected to use the honor system to place their name and reason for visit on the list themselves before entering the country.

As the world continues to grow, becoming smaller and smaller you will see a shift in terms of borders, attitudes etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ah yes, just another step towards globalisation by the NWO globalist elite.

You want to hope that they don't make the mistake they made over here and go for a single currency Thank God we opted out of that one, because it isn't working out well for our mainland friends.

--Takes off tin foil hat--

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

And who would you have run the country? Ignatiuf,who is more American than Obama? How fast do you think he would sell your soul and the rest of our country to the Yanks? Steve Harper is the best thing that has ever happened to this country. He tolerates no BS from the political opposition, has a very low tolerance for crime/criminals who aren't being punished for their actions, reduces your income taxes and GST and allows for a truly free market economy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

And who would you have run the country? Ignatiuf,who is more American than Obama? How fast do you think he would sell your soul and the rest of our country to the Yanks? Steve Harper is the best thing that has ever happened to this country. He tolerates no BS from the political opposition, has a very low tolerance for crime/criminals who aren't being punished for their actions, reduces your income taxes and GST and allows for a truly free market economy.

Damn right!!

He is a WORLD ECONOMIST and a very smart man. Sure I don't agree with everything but he got us out of this recession mess, MANY MANY months ahead of the U.S.

BTW,
Did you see him sing last night???...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Are you guys kidding me?

The first thing they teach in Canadian government courses at university: Harper is conditioned by neo-conservative advisors. He has always advocated for more interoperability and assimilation with the US, has supported the US missile shield in Canada, urged us to help invade Iraq, etc. He's allowed American NORTHCOM to take over NORAD, effectively handing supreme control of our armed forces to American hands. He has attempted to hide military affairs from the public because his decisions are not public friendly.

You people think he is so great because he is better than the other candidates? Screw them all. Our main parties are all becoming the same as the American system: ALL vying for the same elite goals with very little difference in between. They all work very hard to subversively downplay the Green Party, which is actually in our national interests; remember when the Green Party leader wasn't even allowed to attend televised debates?

Our government is a ship of fools, and Harper is the captain. He has Calgary written all over him, exactly like Obama, the Chicago lawyer president of the US. Harper does not identify with common Canadians, he identifies with globalist elite and wants a North American Union. The guy has even attended Bilderburg Meetings for further political conditioning.

EDIT:

BTW,
Did you see him sing last night???...

I watched it for two seconds and had to close it. How embarrassing that we have this stiff leading us.

Mulroney used to sing too. He started off singing as a child for rich businessmen, making $50 a pop. Then he sang with Reagan as he forced the FTA on us.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join