It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need assistance.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I may not be the cheeriest guy around the bend, but I am in genuine need of help. It's not psychological, either. I know I'm sane. I can think clearly and speak clearly. I can even coherently type out my thoughts. Now... don't tell me I'm mad.

I hear voices. The people in my intro thread took it as a joke. I don't know where else to put this, either. The voices are of a man and a woman. They alternate between telling me factoids about my life. Now, this wouldn't be so bad, as I would always be reminded of things, lest I forget. However, it's been going on for five years now... I can't take it anymore. It's becoming unbearable. I tried not doing anything, so as to avoid giving them more things to tell me, but they just restarted from the beginning... nothing works. I refuse to take medication. I know it won't work, so only reply if you can help me identify and eliminate these pests. No, wrong analogy... this PLAGUE. I can give you any information you want, just help me....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightBlue

If you want help, then I will gladly and compassionately attempt to help you. What you are describing are the symptoms of schizophrenia. You will probably have several people come along, in this thread, offering alternative explanations. But I would ask you to consider that this one, the most basic and rational one, may well be the case. And that it would be logical to eliminate the potential of physical or mental illness before you think about subscribing to more fantastic ideas.

Modern science can go a long way towards alleviating the symptoms as well as empowering you with an understanding what it is that is happening to you.

You are obviously suffering and I do wish you well in dealing with this deeply difficult situation.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok, I won't get mad at you for calling me nuts because you said it in a very sophisticated way and meant to help. I will reject the notion, though. Sorry, but I know it's not Schizophrenia. I don't know how I know, I just do. I'll wait for more answers.
edit on 8-12-2010 by LightBlue because: Period out of place.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The reason I refuse medication is because I dislike what it does to me. What makes you think I'll enjoy drugs? I'm sorry, but you have not helped me in any way.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Do you hear them while you are going about your day or is it more specific like right before you fall asleep or when you are in a quiet room... cna you hear them over a crowd?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

The way I see it, there are only a few possibilities here, my friend.

The first is that you are channeling the dead, but this is more of a pyschic gift and doesn't usually involve just two spirits. But let's just say it is....In this case, you'd need to find someone with the gift to help you control and manange it.

The second possibility is just as the first poster said....you could have a mental illness that you haven't recognized or accepted yet.

I think you should get some help....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hear them all of the time. It's not so much hearing, though. More like thinking. It's like when you think to yourself in a different voice, like Jack Sparrow or something. Except it's always happening. I had to quit my job, couldn't concentrate on anything. Even now, they just keep repeating things. I've lived with it for so long that I've almost become accustomed to it. I forgot what true silence is. I can hear a pin drop, accompanied by them telling me why I love the snow.

As for the psychic theory, I haven't ever considered that. But still, what spirit would know so much about me? I'm not too keen on the idea, but it's a start.
edit on 8-12-2010 by LightBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Any reason to believe you may be the target of this type of technology?
Its a little out there but I don't doubt it can be done.

Voice to Skull

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's a possibility, but that means they would have to be monitoring me 24/7, learning my quirks and relaying the info back to me. And why? Why torture me? Would it be some sort of experiment?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Do you remember anything significant happening five years ago just before the voices started? Did you have any kind of accident or injury? Did you have any significant change in weight, diet, physical health? In thinking back, is there any incident that could have triggered this? Were any cell towers built near where you live?

Did it start as "white noise" like maybe tinnitis and then gradually progress to voices?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightBlue
I may not be the cheeriest guy around the bend,
Same to you buddy!

but I am in genuine need of help.
You have certainly come to the wrong place, but who knows..something may help

It's not psychological, either.
We shall see...

I know I'm sane.
Thats remarkable...most people question constantly their sanity..and most find out they have some issues here and there when they do..but ok..you deal in absolutes...
My first suggestion, just being this far in...always questions..question your surroundings, question your politicians, and most importantly, question yourself and your own personal mental health. Introspection is critical in life.

I can think clearly and speak clearly. I can even coherently type out my thoughts.
Charles Manson was eloquent and thoughtful, and wrote poems and songs...yet many suggest something about him wasn't quite right.

Now... don't tell me I'm mad.
Well, you did start out by saying your not the cheeriest guy around

Suggestion 2...remove the 19th century references to mental illness. back when people knew jack about the mind, they would simply label others insane, mad, nuts, etc...we have progressed in the last 100+ years to identify slightly different variations in brain chemistry and other factors causing some issues..but moving on...

I hear voices. The people in my intro thread took it as a joke. I don't know where else to put this, either.
Interesting...I of course am wondering what they say, but simply for an academic curiousity. You know the simpliest answer here..but lets move on...

The voices are of a man and a woman. They alternate between telling me factoids about my life.
It would be good, if your truely not going to get help for this, to then at least see if these "factoids" are in fact truisms...test, verify, and have witnesses to help you. Are these voices suggesting they can somehow see things around you? Can you have a friend across the room write down numbers on a piece of paper you cannot see and have them relay the messages perfectly?
identify if this is existing in a exterior or internal sense..Its understandable that you dont want these voices to be just a off center brain messing with your perceptions...but it would be worse to start hearing your own fears of your mind projected onto phantoms...that is what turns a treatable person with some minor disorders into..well, into someone locked up for murdering their neighbors because the voices in their head told them to...
you understand what I am getting at here...

Now, this wouldn't be so bad, as I would always be reminded of things, lest I forget.
Hmm...sounds pretty handy actually

However, it's been going on for five years now...
That would get a bit tiring...even if the voices were well meaning..bit like having parents eternally around you reminding you to clean your room I would imagine..

I can't take it anymore. It's becoming unbearable.
I hear sticking pencils through your ears helps.
KIDDING!!! Dont do it...just wanted to give your brain a moment to laugh...(no, sticking pencils through your ears wont help...it will simply hurt you and deafen you..and since the voices are likely manifesting from the brain...you would only hear them clearer and louder if you lost your hearing...don't want that..)

I tried not doing anything, so as to avoid giving them more things to tell me, but they just restarted from the beginning... nothing works.
Restarted from the beginning of what? life? daily chores list? I guess until context is given, your leaving alot open for speculation. Sounds to me ultimately like your projecting your "inner voice" reminding you of crap..meh, we all have that...without it, we would be forgetful twits...however, I would imagine the average person doesn't clearly hear their inner voice so much as functionally react when the neural paths fire that reminds us of stuff (when it can be bothered anyhow).

I refuse to take medication. I know it won't work,
Nobody likes taking meds, but they actually do work. taking meds has a stigma associated with them (not sure why)..however, you refusing to even try means you do not really want to get help..you are seeking affirmation of something else.

so only reply if you can help me identify and eliminate these pests. No, wrong analogy... this PLAGUE. I can give you any information you want, just help me....

Here is what you will recieve
Some people will tell you to try to talk to them..perhaps using a ouija board or some other method
Others will tell you to goto church and beg jesus to help you out by removing this bothersome "demons"
Others still will suggest its dead relatives just trying to be well meaning and you simply must bargain with them to stop.

None of the above will work of course...as its not dealing with the root problem...the brain.
So...you ultimately will wind up with a crossroads once you truely have had enough
Either your mind will break and you will end up in a hospital...meds forcefully given to you
or
You will willingly talk to a doc to see what types of meds may alleviate the symptoms.
Either way, guess what...you will be doing meds eventually...one will be by force with no control, and one will be fully under your control discussed with you and your doctor.

I would say reconsider your stand on the med thing...in the meantime, since your actually not that bothered enough about it to reconsider...try the other stuff I mentioned...see if you can get proof...pray to jesus, or allah, or aqua budda, or a spirit guide...etc..

Finally...only you can help yourself here...we can supply endless suggestions (the pencil thing was -not- a suggestion btw)..but in the end, you are the one that needs to decide what you are willing to do to feel a bit normal.

Incidently...do not let this stop you from doing anything...having a focus and drive on something is important to mental health...voices or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just a thought, I don't know. I remember a thread here not too long ago where someone had a similar experience and they were convinced that is what was happening. And for the life of me I can't find it now.
But like you said if its 24/7 I would lean more towards the psychic thing. I certainly believe some people have psychic abilities. Research psychic stuff online and see if you can come up with anything that might fit your situation. Remember psychic abilities doesn't just mean hearing voices. Ever try talking back to them?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Do you remember anything significant happening five years ago just before the voices started? Did you have any kind of accident or injury? Did you have any significant change in weight, diet, physical health? In thinking back, is there any incident that could have triggered this? Were any cell towers built near where you live?

Did it start as "white noise" like maybe tinnitis and then gradually progress to voices?

I was gonna ask the same thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Actually, I vividly remember when they started. I was in bed when they began and it scared me senseless. I thought someone was in the room with me and couldn't sleep the entire night. When they didn't cease, I figured out they were in my head. I tried psychiatry, but they all prescribed me odd medication that I refused. And they said it was going to cost me money. I wasn't paying them to give me pills, I wanted answers and a cure.

But I digress. No, there weren't any significant happenings, around that time... well, I had broken up with a girlfriend, but it wasn't anything special. I certainly wasn't very attached to her and it was relatively easy to do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

its not about enjoying it but you'll look at yourself in new ways that you cant even fathom. and maybe then whatever reason those voices are there they go away

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Your problem *is* most likely a medical one.

I don't know why that should offend you.

If you refuse to assess your problem from that perspective, then what you are left with is your ability to ignore or overcome the symptoms by force of will. You'll need to improve your strategies to minimize their impact on your daily life.

From the sound of things, it doesn't look like you are doing so well with that effort.

I'd reconsider seeking professional medical advise, if I were you.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightBlue
I may not be the cheeriest guy around the bend, but I am in genuine need of help. It's not psychological, either. I know I'm sane. I can think clearly and speak clearly. I can even coherently type out my thoughts. Now... don't tell me I'm mad.

I hear voices. The people in my intro thread took it as a joke. I don't know where else to put this, either. The voices are of a man and a woman. They alternate between telling me factoids about my life. Now, this wouldn't be so bad, as I would always be reminded of things, lest I forget. However, it's been going on for five years now... I can't take it anymore. It's becoming unbearable. I tried not doing anything, so as to avoid giving them more things to tell me, but they just restarted from the beginning... nothing works. I refuse to take medication. I know it won't work, so only reply if you can help me identify and eliminate these pests. No, wrong analogy... this PLAGUE. I can give you any information you want, just help me....

You are not mad and do not have schizophrenia. ATS must be a magnet of
people in the World who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia as many
times as I have read that statement on here. It is a very rare state of mind
and only about 1.5% of the population in the World have it (Officially).
(Sounds like TPTB eh
). Methinks you have probably been implanted.
Do a search on some of my threads and you will see what I'm talking
about. No, they will not stop even after you have lost everything you have
so better turn up the heat on your activist activities because they will continue
to do it anyways whether you stop or not.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
You are not mad and do not have schizophrenia.
Your credentials to make such a statement? Very irresponsible.

ATS must be a magnet of people in the World who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia as many
times as I have read that statement on here. It is a very rare state of mind
and only about 1.5% of the population in the World have it (Officially).
ATS is a conspiracy website. paranoid and delusional types often migrate towards like minded places...seeing conspiracys, etc. Mental illness is not something to simply shrug off in a area that often attracts that mindset.
there are a billion people online worldwide. 1.5% of a billion people = 15,000,000 people online with that one specific mental illness..not to mention MPD, bipolar disorders, etc.

(Sounds like TPTB eh
). Methinks you have probably been implanted.

I won't begin with how profoundly silly that idea is overall for a variety of reasons.
Lets take it with a really simple dismissal.
implanted by two people that are up 24/7 and know everything about him, including why he likes snow...
ya..don't think so.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Subconcious mechanism related to decision making and analytical thought. The human brain is unique to each individual and may create audio mentors with distinguishable characteristics based on memories of individuals involved in the learning process. The inability to cope with the internal functions of the human thought process and the mysterious workings of the superior mind can result in a diagnosis of mental illness. You are wise to be skeptical of medications. Psychotropic drugs quiet the soul.

Disclaimer: Purely layman analysis. Just making stuff up. Seek spiritual guidance (not to be mistaken with religious guidance), Try astral projection you may be receiving communication from another plane. Beware the RFID, long live the descendants of Adam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join