It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

He is a dramatic liar. Yesterday I successfully handled roughly 50 transactions.... Not one hicup or stall. If you search the subject, all you'll find is people assuming it is going to affect them.

I think Anon took restitution into consideration..

Anon did not target transaction servers... They targeted the companies web sites..

I checked again last night to make sure it wasn't affected.. Then again this morning.. Not 1 problem..

Its dramatic stories like the ones seen here, that are working against what we all need to work toward.

Someone made a comment about how complicated this attack was... My 12 year old could pull off a DDOS attack..

This attack was simply a shot across the bow for these companies.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ANON OPS: A Press Release

December 10, 2010
Who is Anonymous
In their most recent public statement, WikiLeaks is the only group of people to identify Anonymous
correctly. Anonymous is not a group, but rather an Internet gathering.
Both Anonymous and the media that is covering it are aware of the percieved dissent between
individuals in the gathering. This does not, however, mean that the command structure of
Anonymous is failing for a simple reason: Anonymous has a very loose and decentralized command
structure that operates on ideas rather than directives.
We do not believe that a similar movement exists in the world today and as such we have to learn
by trial and error. We are now in the process of better communicating some core values to the
individual atoms that comprise Anonymous - we also want to take this opportunity to communicate
a message to the media, so that the average Internet Citizen can get to know who we are and what
we represent.
Anonymous is not a group of hackers. We are average Interent Citizens ourselves and our
motivation is a collective sense of being fed up with all the minor and major injustices we witness
every day.
We do not want to steal your personal information or credit card numbers. We also do not seek to
attack critical infrastructure of companies such as Mastercard, Visa, PayPal or Amazon. Our current
goal is to raise awareness about WikiLeaks and the underhanded methods employed by the above
companies to impair WikiLeaks' ability to function.
What is Operation: Payback
As stated above, the point of Operation: Payback was never to target critical infrastructure of any of
the companies or organizations affected. Rather than doing that, we focused on their corporate
websites, which is to say, their online "public face". It is a symbolic action - as blogger and
academic Evgeny Morozov put it, a legitimate expression of dissent.
The background to the attacks on PayPal and the calls to attack Amazon.com
Amazon, which was until recently WikiLeaks' DNS provider, was one of the first companies to drop
support for WikiLeaks. On December 9th, BusinessInsider.com reported that Amazon.co.uk were
hosting the recently leaked diplomatic cables in e-book form. (Amazon.co.uk has since ceased
selling the bundle of the diplomatic cables.)
After this piece of news circulated, parts of Anonymous on Twitter asked for Amazon.com to betargetted. The attack never occured.
While it is indeed possible that Anonymous may not have been able to take Amazon.com down in a
DDoS attack, this is not the only reason the attack never occured. After the attack was so advertised
in the media, we felt that it would affect people such as consumers in a negative way and make
them feel threatened by Anonymous. Simply put, attacking a major online retailer when people are
buying presents for their loved ones, would be in bad taste.
The continuing attacks on PayPal are already tested and preferable: while not damaging their ability
to process payments, they are successful in slowing their network down just enough for people to
notice and thus, we achieve our goal of raising awareness.

dump.no...
edit on Fri Dec 10 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Since it is affecting real people, not the elite, I don't believe ANON is pro Wikileaks but rather the opposite and trying to muddy the waters.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I'm all for a limited govt. power pal.

Really? Then where have you been while the govt. is enacting ACTA and other such legislations to control the internet from last 5 yrs? Where were you when few days ago Homeland Security shutdown several websites without a warrant?

However, the actions of WL and ANON will simply lead to yet another massive power grab.

The govt. is doing it anyway the only way to stop it, is to fight it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

read above

The point of Operation: Payback was never to target critical infrastructure of any of
the companies or organizations affected. Rather than doing that, we focused on their corporate
websites, which is to say, their online "public face". It is a symbolic action

In the media, we felt that it would affect people such as consumers in a negative way and make
them feel threatened by Anonymous. Simply put, attacking a major online retailer when people are
buying presents for their loved ones, would be in bad taste.
The continuing attacks on PayPal are already tested and preferable: while not damaging their ability
to process payments, they are successful in slowing their network down just enough for people to
notice and thus, we achieve our goal of raising awareness.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

lol you think that guy is FBI? That's funny. Ahh what fictional roles we play... what fictional roles we play.

Honestly you want my opinion, I'd have to say like most everyone here your acting like someone you aren't, as always with no proof given I'd have to say BOB is right. Your not anybody, just a poser who wishes he played a role in this extremist plot. I bet I'm FBI too right? Or possibly maybe I'm CIA!

You also have to say nothing on here to prove this, just back source both mine and Bob's IP's and kill our computers with your supreme hacking capability. Then you wouldn't have said anything and since both of our computers would then be junk it couldn't get traced back to you, so take off those panties and show us what your made of!
edit on 10-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for bringing up Cynthia McKinney -- that courageous woman spoke the truth ALL ALONG.

Everybody remembers -- that crazy "urban" lady from Georgia. She was always mentioned in the Mainstream media for the outlandish quote out of context, or the incident that wasn't explained, or the funding by "Muslim" groups.

It was guilt by association. The bastards that benefitted from 9/11 were the ones pointing the finger at the entire Arab world. The talk show host Neal Boortz, who benefits from Robber Barons, does nothing but smear any cog in the wheel who gets in the way of the pillaging.

>> But I think anyone who has a negative opinion of Cynthia McKinney, needs to go back and READ what she said -- or see the YouTube videos. Read the smug comments about how crazy she is. Then read the facts from Wikileaks that we NOW KNOW.

The GOOD GUYS in this country are always getting attacked by people with large bank accounts and nice suits. Everyone who sticks their neck out gets smeared.

Assange is the biggest international hero I know of right now -- and people who slam him, are automatically either ignorant or part of the problem in my book. If you find yourself agreeing with Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, the PR department of a corporation, Libertarian "think tanks", and a slew of other shills who are given a voice because they move the herd the right way -- you are not part of the solution. There is a REASON someone makes millions a year for talking; they are NOT telling you the truth. The truth comes from a man who has to use temporary phones and change apartments on a regular basis -- a person who never sleeps easy.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

If you think Julian Assange is such a "good" figure, then maybe you'd like to detail for me a biography of Assange's life. Where he originally came from, what his original name was, how he was able to get his funding etc. Assange could be working for the USA for all you know. A wolf in sheep's clothing is exactly what I think Assange to be, hopefully the future will tell me otherwise, but with how greedy, egocentric, and self-centered people are now a days it's hard to think Assange is anything but. Sadly you couldn't prove me wrong as I also couldn't prove you wrong only time will tell who Assange really is, also visit this link you may find it informative: maguidhir.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is already being discussed in another thread. I'll repost what I said there:

Anonymous has no spokesperson because Anonymous is not an organized group. This letter is more than likely the work of a single college aged kid who speaks for himself & not the hodge-podge of geeks, slackers, & malcontents who peruse the chans. Nobody can be the mouthpiece of an entity that doesn't exist. It's someone's personal feelings of why they participate in DDOS attacks that has a logo attached to it. If I wrote some type of proclamation & put the Department of Homeland Security logo on it, that doesn't mean it speaks for the DHS now does it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Why is the world so messed up?
I don't think it is the EVIL IN ALL OF US -- I believe the true problem is, that as people, we have created societies too complicated for a small tribal structure. We created a situation where Psychopaths could gain control. IN a tribe or a family, you would detect these flawed people who have no empathy -- but as social structures get more removed, the Psychopath can surround themselves with enablers and people who respond to domination.

Its like the problem I have with religions that teach FAITH is the greatest virtue. There are different types of faith -- but the one they SELL, is to "BELIEVE AND NOT QUESTION." Why do we have the Pope happen to be the man to cover up thousands of child molestations (probably more)? Because the Psychopaths always try to gain power in institutions of unquestioned authority. Any time you have a group that cannot be questioned like the Military, the Church, or the "trust us, we are the experts" secret services -- you will ALWAYS eventually have it run by Psychopaths.

AUTHORITY and FAITH are the soil from which these weeds can grow.

Once you realize that the world is run by the amoral, who LIKE to push morality, ignorance, and fear and control it by extortion and favors -- things start making sense. Our country does not have a huge military to protect us from some other country -- it is there to ENFORCE the will of those in power; Multinational Corporations and their enabling governments. It's also there to eat up lots of resources and money -- got to keep feeding the parasites.

For instance; IF our military were actual looking at China as a threat -- WHY would we have military weapons producing companies like GE setting up factories in China -- or selling factories in the US to Dubai?

Absolute Power does not corrupt -- the absolutely corrupt Seek Power.

Take a quick read about PONEROLOGY: the study of evil

AS to the OP complaining of the inconvenience that ANON has made of their business -- it directly speaks to what ENABLES leadership by psychopaths;

Laura: People are afraid of making waves for fear of losing what they have, of losing their peace, of having to exert effort to resist. After all, it does take all their time to keep the illusion going, they must slave daily to keep the SUV from being repossessed, and they want to have time for the football game on Saturday.

Henry: They also figure that Bush only has a couple of years left anyway. The system will take care of itself...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Anonymous DO break things just for the hell of it. Or well, that has been it's creed to this day. If Anonymous truly comes under serious threat though, it might really get real. In the real world we have all seen what Anonymous does to individuals it does not like. We all remember Kimmo.

I just read that whole article. Anon drove a pedophile who was already crazy to the brink of insanity, and he's still active. I have to say, that is NOT the best evidence of their strength.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

If you think Julian Assange is such a "good" figure, then maybe you'd like to detail for me a biography of Assange's life. Where he originally came from, what his original name was, how he was able to get his funding etc. Assange could be working for the USA for all you know. ...

The truly wise man realizes that he KNOWS NOTHING.

However, since Visa, Mastercard, Swedish Banks, Paypal, etc., think it's important enough to shut down wikileaks -- then WHY BOTHER is you are working FOR THE CROOKS? There are no other real threats to the Story our CIA and Media put out.

There are mass murderers, dictators, billionaires who stole from granny -- they all have unnamed accounts in a Swedish or offshore bank. But they CARE about the alleged harm that WikiLeaks causes.

There are many reports from the Military, Robert Gates even, and others that say; "No real harm can be attributed to Wikileaks."

>> A cynical person might think, that rather than being worried that Assange is a "double agent" -- it's just more people either by ignorance or paycheck, helping to make Assange an untouchable.

Thanks for supporting the modern day equivalent of Blacklisting -- but I'm not buying it. Since I don't really KNOW who Assange is, I'm going to look at the documents and not really CARE about the messenger that much.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, changing member names to make a point, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in warnings and/or post removals.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
What does Anonymous have against Paypal anyway? I must have missed this part of all the Wikileaks threads.

edit on 8-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Paypal exercised its right to do or not do business with whom it pleases.

How's that freedom thing working out for them?

Anyway, the responsible and lower-drama WikiLeaks is now OpenLeaks.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
For instance; IF our military were actual looking at China as a threat -- WHY would we have military weapons producing companies like GE setting up factories in China -- or selling factories in the US to Dubai?

The obvious answer is the correct one: the people with money are more powerful and have more influence than the leaders of the US military.

edit on 10-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Alright so basically your fine living a lie then? Your going to take information from a man that you know nothing about and take it as fact? I mean that's kinda like being religious is there going to be a religion started by Assange followers?? I mean basically your fine with fairy tales then, right? I could tell you pigs can fly and you'd not care about the person making the statement but you'd take it as a truth (Well as long as my last name is Assange)? My point being if everyone took some information and took it as a truth and didn't question the person putting the information out, I mean thats pretty much the definition of ignorance is bliss right? How do we even know this is the correct information? How do we know it hasn't been doctored? I don't understand how you can take information at face value and not question the ones involved in putting it out. If that were the case websites like ATS wouldn't be needed... Well I'll continue to use my brain and question everything, even this man that every conspiracy theorist thinks is the next jesus. That's what rational people do they ask questions, irrationally people take things as fact without asking anything... I'll enjoy life on my side of the fence and when you find out Assange isn't who you thought he was... I'll enjoy a quiet reassuring chuckle to myself knowing that yet again I was right.

Also if a wise man knows nothing why read the wikileaks anyway??? Your still gonna know nothing right?

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join