It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have a private business that depends on paypal to collect funds also and have had a customer complaint on not being able to complete a transaction. I also had a problem with my account a few days ago. So because of a CIA construct lots of businesses are being hurt because a bunch of stupid kids think they are fighting the bad guys. That is the real collateral damage... Wake up folks WL is a government OPS to justify controlling the internet and all communications eventually icing on the cake for all legislation over the last several years leading up to this...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
OP...

Did the moment you know that PayPal was actively trying to shut down WikiLeaks operation, did you look for alternative companies to use.

I already canceled my own personal Visa card and my customers have been told MasterCard and Visa is no longer welcome.

It's not that simple.

We take all forms of credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discovery, but they ALL process through paypal.

I'm currently having my IT department figure out some alternative to taking payments, but I'm literally frozen in place at the moment.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Perhaps collateral damage was the idea, Paypal goes against wikileaks and transparency of government and they get DDOS; severely inconveniencing and fiscally harming many.

It's like a boycott, only much faster and about as effective, especially when people place blame in the wrong people.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

Bees give us delicious cake honey, and they help fertilize plants. They also, occassionally, sting somebody. And if that person happens to be allergic, they might die.

We don't give up on bees because of this.

edit on 9-12-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

My post was not against business, my post was against selfishness. I am aware I am enjoying these luxuries I have now, but I would not miss these luxuries if it comes to be that the SHTF. A bit of selflessness is needed in order for these events to play out, bystanders are always the victims when it comes to these kinds of "conflicts".

Besides, job or not, business owner or not, you are naive if you do not have a "plan B" if things do not go according to plan, financially.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have to pose a question here:

With Paypal, VISA and Mastercard all going down,
will this affect the DOW tomorrow ???
Could this literally be the beginning of
the crash everybody has envisioned
for over 2 yrs ???

Terminator Thursday ???

edit on 12/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah so much for a nuclear armageddon ,now we cant buy stuff online.Who would have thought?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That is the whole point of protesting/picketing. Keep the customers away to hurt the business in an effort to get them to change their practices. If paypal had never suspended the account, they would have never been attacked, and you and other "innocent bystanders" would have never been affected. Perhaps your ire should be directed at the real antagonists, who could have stopped this inconvenience at any time.(or would they consider that negotiating with "terrists"?)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Perhaps paypal oughtn't have gotten themselves involved in political games, esp since they are greedy bastards who grab 3% on other people's cash, all day, every day, with each transfer?

link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

Bees give us delicious honey, and they help fertilize plants. They also, occassionally, sting somebody. And if that person happens to be allergic, they might die.

We don't give up on bees because of this.

edit on 8-12-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

You know I would be with you if you were right.

This is not an occasional sting.

There are THOUSANDS of businesses that will suffer because of this. Large and small.

~Keeper

link   

The truth hurts, bro. PayPal is working from where I am. This is bigger than all of us individuals anyway.

link   
They're doing some damage to me, as well.

I am a freelance writer for many different websites, all of them paying through paypal. I was awaiting a payment to be placed into my bank account from PP when all these attacks started. Of course that delayed the payment, allowing quite a few overdraft fees to get tacked on to my account.

So far, cost me about $50. For someone disabled for 4 years and this being the first real income I've been able to gather, that's a painful thing to happen.

Ah well.

I know there'll be casualties, but there is a HUGE difference in war between running into a room full of 1 soldier and 50 civilians and blasting away with a shotgun, and using tactics to take down the one you want.

Anon is currently using the shotgun tactic, and so far they have yet to hit the soldier. They need to stop with the shotgun tactics and actually AIM to do what they need to get done.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have to agree op, seems all the little kiddies living in their parents basements don't have a clue about real life here. If anyone of you wiki supporters that wanna gripe about small businesses choice on using the standard of paypal as a payment option I will gladly take any $$ you want to throw my way to offset the reduction in my abilities to run a small business. I am more than willing to sit around and milk the cow if you want to pay my bills and explain to my customers why I am no longer able to try to provide for myself and not have to live off the government teet. And while your at it you can explain to my kids why the power gets shut off etc because it's for the better of society because after attacking most of all the major ways of paying for stuff online have been removed aside from mailing a check in the mail. I have two words for ya'll GROW UP.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I personally think the strategy is quite smart. Shutting down PayPal will anger a lot of people. Hundreds of thousands.

That anger can not be directed effectively at the hackers, there is no-one to abuse. So PayPal will by proxy receive all the abuse. Festering anger can be a powerful motivator for change.

It could be the perfect choice for another company to jump in and wrestle dominance off PayPa,l with a promise of never putting you business at risk, by blindly supporting the U.S. or getting involved in politics.

Opportunity knocks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I personally think the strategy is quite smart. Shutting down PayPal will anger a lot of people. Hundreds of thousands.

That anger can not be directed effectively at the hackers, there is no-one to abuse. So PayPal will by proxy receive all the abuse. Festering anger can be a powerful motivator for change.

It could be the perfect choice for another company to jump in and wrestle dominance off PayPa,l with a promise of never putting you business at risk, by blindly supporting the U.S. or getting involved in politics.

Opportunity knocks.

That won't work.

Do you know how expensive it is to change your ENTIRE payment transaction system to something completely new?

I do.

If this continues it won't matter if the DEMS give tax cuts to the rich or not. There won't BE a middle class because small business will die. It won't take long either.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, this would not be happening if paypal hadnt, as another poster mentioned, got involved in politics. They can and will be punished and while its unfortunate businesses are going to be hurt, it is something that isn't going to be avoided.

Don't forget that what this really is...is a war! Are you going to be on the side of justice or tyranny? There is a choice to be made and as with everything in life the right choice is not always the easiest one.

I have to be honest, using paypal as the only means of payment whether it be used in conjunction with visa, mastercard or any other...wasnt the wisest idea. Paypal is not an unsinkable ship..

That being said, I can see how this could end up with tighter lockdowns on the web..lets hope it doesnt go that route..
edit on 8-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

You make a almost completely valid point, and I'm very sorry for your loss of revenue. As i've previously stated, you should contact your bank and ensure that Paypal is held accountable for your lost revenue. If EVERYONE holds paypal accountable, guess what? They're going to have some big fire on their asses.

However, the shotgun tactic is all that Anon has. Also, it's far less damaging than actually compromising data and information, it just restricts access to the website.

If someone would like to explain how these activists would make a impact otherwise, please.

And do keep in mind, standing out in front of Paypal Inc. with signs would get much less done than temporarily disabling their assets.

Paypal will be loosing out on revenue, also, from this.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That won't work.

Do you know how expensive it is to change your ENTIRE payment transaction system to something completely new?

I do.

I'm going to go with less expensive than staying with a company that is going to keep getting attacked for throwing its hat into political wrangling on the wrong side.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Opportunity knocks.

Trust me the anger will be directed at who does the attacks not at the financial institution, if I have to personally go to court when this is all said and done to testify I will, because they have drawn the line in the sand and attacked my family that my friend is personal and won't be forgotten.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

My customers will not not receive their products, this will cause back logs with my company, with our shippers, with our suppliers virtually anybody who does business with Paypal is effectively screwed.

Paypal isn't the only game in town. Why should you honor their monopoly? Open other accesses. There is always money orders. C.O.D.'s ...Find another way.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Alethea because: forgot COD

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join