It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France 'will recognize' Palestinian state

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wow! Everything is just collapsing into puppets.when did U.S. Fall? Before you changed the subject and started talking about USSR. Why I don't know, nice rabbit trail though. Collapsing, everythings collapsing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's true to a degree until the US dollar collapses so much that they'll be losing a fortune by trading in US dollars. At some point they'll have to dump it especially with Iran using Euros for payment. The Euro although rocky right now will fair better than the US dollar. Even with a 100% tax rate in the US there is no chance for the US to pay off its debt.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

You can keep living in denial all you want and attempt to derail the thread but your country is in serious trouble. With the FED monetizing the debt at unheard of levels that is the strongest indicator as to how serious the situation is. You might want to brush up on economics before you start spouting your mouth off. Don't let blind patriotism cloud your view on reality. The reality is the US is broke and there is no way to fix it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Xzorter
reply to post by oozyism

I would simply say, when has U.S. Fallen? As history repeats, Israel will once again establish an honored kingdom.

WOW, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

I already gave you a clear example of USSR's collapse.

Go compare the situation of USSR before the collapse and compare it to USA today.

So because the USSR imploded that somehow implies the USA will as well?

I fail to see the logic in any of this....

You really need to stop posting all this anti-America crap Oz, I think it's quite clear to everyone already with all your other post threads, you wish to see America burn and taken over by radical Islam.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

So because the USSR imploded that somehow implies the USA will as well?

I fail to see the logic in any of this....

Examine USSR's situation before its collapse, and then examine US's situation now.

There's a lot of logic in there, you just refuse to see it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If Israel has the right to exist then so does Palestine.

Its that simple.

Good on France for finally growing some balls and remembering the dark days where it was under rule from a ruthless regime.

Well then maybe France as well as South Africa shouldn't have helped Israel get Nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

I would simply say, when has U.S. Fallen? As history repeats, Israel will once again establish an honored kingdom.

When was the last time Israel was an honored kingdom???

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
France 'will recognize' Palestinian state huh?

Thats funny why didn't they do it before they helped Israel get nukes? Or better yet why didn't they do it when Israel was a proxy state of France?

It sure would have been easier back when France had complete influence over Israel not now when they Have no influence over Israel!

edit on 12/12/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Wow! Everything is just collapsing into puppets.when did U.S. Fall? Before you changed the subject and started talking about USSR. Why I don't know, nice rabbit trail though. Collapsing, everythings collapsing.

What aren't you understanding?
The US is in very very bad financial shape..
Super Powers don't come cheap..Them missiles,carriers and planes all cost money to run..
No money, no more Super Power...
It really is that simple..
Unless you'd like to see the US as a new NK where the people starve while the tanks roll..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow, you people are gullible.. You most of all Oozy.. Keep spouting your nonsense, go on..

Bernard Valero, a spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry said Tuesday that Paris agrees with the formation of a Palestinian state based on the exchange of land between Israel and the Palestinians.

This is neither the 67' borders (exchange of lands does not equal the 67' borders), nor is it an actual recognition...

This thread is stupid.. Yet another platform to slam Israel for nothing.

Minus stars and flags..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LoL. This is what happens when people rely on PressTv as their reliable source, and then rely on Oozy to be doing a little digging for them, or not. Who care, as long as it's something against Israel.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

It's not against Israel, it's for the Palestinian people. Something that is well past due, doesn't mean anything though as until America joins the rest of the world in enforcing international law and giving the Palestinians their rightful land, pre June 1967 borders with east Jerusalem as their capital... it all means moot sadly.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

YEs it's a puppet show, Israel, Us and the EU are on the same line, this is for EU to have more credibility, in the end game palestine gets asimilated just like other countries did, independence only by name. There is no real independence. Do you think europian countries have idependence the way they did ? that is why there is a EU constitution, rules and laws imposed by the EU. Kiss the free europe goodbye, say hello to the natzi EU.
What Hittler failed to do by force they managed by sweet talk, first it was a trade union and of course that was never the intention now it's a country, just like United States there is United Europe, continents turn into countries over night. I would say this is just a fake smile and a puppet play show.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Based on what I have read, this is pure conjecture. I cannot find anything concrete that suggests that France will actually recognize Palestine as it stood in 1967.

Even if they did, so what? When was the last time anyone in the international community gave a crap about what France had to say about anything? France does not have half the political/international clout it once had.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
UK is obviously a US proxy state therefore can't do much against US wishes, but other nations who are independent will move away from US, so that they may avoid turmoil in case of US collapse.

Actually, you are wrong pillory the UK and chuff on that the UK is a proxy of the US. This is factually inaccurate and is a position not supported by fact.

In fact the UK is critical of Israeli policy and shares more in common with European states that the US with this regard. Simply doing a bit of research at the UK Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s website would reveal the position of the UK is somewhat different from that of the USA. It is true that the UK has close relations with Israel, but the UK is also a significant supporter of the Palestinian Authority.

To topic. The Iranian mouthpiece Presstv clearly reports with an agenda and is actually not reporting exactly what the French spokesman said. What was stated is that France would not recognise Palestinian Statehood ahead of the peace talks which would provide the definition of the Palestinian State. As we know, the negotiations are around the Palestinian borders being set at the 1967 position.

In other words… If the Israeli/Palestinian negotiations end up with a Palestinian State being defined then France would recognise it.

I suspect like most people on these Boards I would like to see Israel concede and start to implement policies more akin to a civilised country. Similarly, I would like to see nations who can / do cause mischief in the region to back off and we all know Iran and Syria are prime mischief-makers as they provide succour to groups like Hezbollah. The region is a maze of complication and the Palestinians are pawns.

Regards

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I don't mind countries supporting Palestine's right to exist, or even recognizing Palestine in the 67' borders to pressure Israel, I'm glad it happens. I just get pissed off when people use these threads to equate Israel to the Nazis, and I get even more pissed when the entire thread is based on nothing.

This is an anti Israeli thread no matter how you look at it.

Glad *you're* not here for the bashing, but I can't say the same for other posters in this thread.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
Wow, you people are gullible.. You most of all Oozy.. Keep spouting your nonsense, go on..

Bernard Valero, a spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry said Tuesday that Paris agrees with the formation of a Palestinian state based on the exchange of land between Israel and the Palestinians.

This is neither the 67' borders (exchange of lands does not equal the 67' borders), nor is it an actual recognition...

This thread is stupid.. Yet another platform to slam Israel for nothing.

Minus stars and flags..

No link????
Was it this one??
www.presstv.ir...

France has declared that it will recognize a free and independent Palestinian state based on borders before the 1967 war, becoming the first European nation to do so.

Funny, I see the 1967 borders mentioned

Was your link different? Please show your linkEliad..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I have to agree with you, for the most part.

As a non-interventionist libertarian, I am one who disagrees strongly with expensive foreign entanglements, and one of the country's that the United States tends to spend a lot of money in is indeed Israel. However, just because I believe in a large reduction--if not elimination-- of foreign aid (not only to Israel, but every other country in the world, as well) does not mean I am anti-Israel.

It bothers me to read comments within threads that seem to have an anti-Jewish/anti-Israeli bent. While I would like to see a peaceful (and possibly two-state) resolution arise from the Israeli/Palestinian debate, I am offended when someone feels the need to say things like--and I'm paraphrasing here-- "Well, they still have the Holocaust excuse" or "Isn't it ironic how the Jews are now acting like the Nazis?"

Comments/posts/threads like that are the only thing that bothers me about ATS, thus the reason I tend to stay away from threads on such topics.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

To me there is a world of difference between these sentences ....

France has declared that it will recognize a free and independent Palestinian state based on borders before the 1967 war, becoming the first European nation to do so.

and..

link
underline/mine

An Al - Jazeerah article using the Press T.V report had this variation ....

Bernard Valero, a spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry, revealed on Tuesday that France welcomes the formation of a Palestinian state, becoming the first European country to do so.

link

1.Recognises
2.Agrees
3.Welcomes

I would like to see another source .

That France might agree to and welcome a Palestinian State within the 1967 borders is nothing new ..... formal recognition is a different story.

I hope its true, the process needs an injection of fresh impetus.

edit on 12-12-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

If that is the case then it is nothing new, every year France votes yes at the UN....which is pretty much the same as agreeing that Palestine with it's pre june 1967 borders is legitimate...strange.
And again, until America changes it's attitude this all means moot anyway...and sadly i don't see a Palestinian state ever happening now..as America won't change it's attitude and join the rest of the international community.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join