It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realizing Your Membership Is NOT That Important.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This may to some members seem like a "boo-hoo" thread, but in fact it is not. I have at least 15 times, NO exaggeration asked to be helped on ATS chat. I have used alert buttons, threads, complaints/suggestions, and to NO avail.

Though I try and I have had several members also try to help, I have come to find out that there are many, many others that seem to have the same/similar problems, and they too cannot seem to get any answers. I would like to add this thread to the B&Q so that myself and others can maybe be helped.

I have seen thread after thread completely bashing ATS, and get immediate results. This to me is not a way to keep a good thing going. Maybe this situation is not as important as others, but should be counted as such. I have been reporting this problem for well over 3 months now.

I seem to have no alternative then to try for the very last time to get answers. I will not and cannot get on the "bash ATS" bandwagon, but for the love of _____!!! Somethings got to give.

BTW, this is for all of the other members that I have replied to and have shared their problems concerning chat also. I hope that we can finally get some answers, so that WE to can enjoy, all the features that ATS has to offer other than pop-up's.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm here to support NRE! We are eager for NRE to join us in chat! So flagged for community interest!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So much support that I double posted!!! Now that's serious support!

edit on 12/8/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm not knowledgeable with the technical aspects of chat but my first thought would be to update your flash if you haven't already.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hi kl,

NRE has had at least two threads in BTS/off topic where we tried to help her out with these kind of suggestions but I don't think that's the issue ... I say that timidly for I possess even less tech knowledge than yourself.

I think it's a deeper issue than that, one that has left NRE increasingly frustrated.

edit on 8 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: stupid spullinz

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'm not knowledgeable with the technical aspects of chat but my first thought would be to update your flash if you haven't already.

Thank you for the reply. I have update flash player, and even took a test from flash player to make sure that its working. I have removed all add ons, tried Google chrome, IE8, Mozilla, and nothing. I can get to the screen to access it and then nothing. Ive waited for over 15 minutes to see if it was just slow.

I am concerned with getting the correct support as it might to be something simple, and I can damage my computer, or make it available to virus'/malware.

I have updated everything, made sure that I made ATS available, as more or less I have lots of other sites blocked. I have cleared my cache/history, and still nothing.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, thanks for the love Heff.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Does your chat voyeur work?
I can't chat yet, not enough posts. But when I open chat voyeur it usually takes 3-4 minutes before anything shows up in the window. I guess this isn't much help, but at least another ^bump^ to the top.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Maybe ATS should have a paying membership option? I know with 200K members they have limited resources.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I had this problem for the longest time and no matter how many times I asked for help I received no response back. I am running ubuntu and installed Flash-Aid plugin and that finally fixed it for this laptop. May I ask what OS your running? Also, Flash 10.1 on android AOSP 2.2.1 still doesn't work.

Edit to add EVERY rom on the android list with flash 10.1 doesn't work for my cell.. Including every browser I could get my hands on.

edit on 12/8/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Could it be a firewall issue?
I have never tried to use chat before, the first time I have clicked on it is just now and all I got was the message.

6 Bunnies

and the Heff saying something

It looks scintillating

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

My vista desktop with zonealarm works fine with chat. My ubuntu laptop also has firestarter firewall and It's working.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You were fluffy bunny number 5???? Ah hah!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was the 5th bunny behind the grassy knoll

It looks to me like the chat works through _javascript, have you updated your _javascript version lately?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, so I changed profiles on my computer, and I am on google chrome, logged in and tried chat voyeur. These are the 2 errors that I am getting.

Unsafe _javascript attempt to access frame with URL..... and then lots of letters and numbers.

I have NO clue what this means!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I could only suggest updating your java vm

from here

I will look into it further

Edit

Sorry I mean here that is if your using windows of course
edit on 8-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We have a chat now?!

I gotta read what the dang buttons say more often.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You might try this Using Java plugin with firefox

Interesting Noscript plugin could be causing the problem.
edit on 12/8/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

NRE:

We've got a LOT of folks brainstorming this presently... throwing around ideas. Do you know how to check your web browser security settings? And if you are running any firewalls?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

From what I can gather this error happens when you try to call a pop up window from a different domain from java. As the chat windows is in the same domain i.e. abovetopsecret.com then the error shouldn't occur

It can also happen if a cookie is passed from a different domain which also shouldn't apply

So the only thing I can think of is that the java install is screwed up (in technical terms that is)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Unsafe _javascript attempt to access frame with URL....

Somewhere, within your security settings -- possibly the additional settings of Norton or something similar -- something is preventing JavaScript from "writing" an iFrame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join