It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Targeted Kill Program, dodges the bullet, lives another day !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I understand the perspective of 'one of our own' turning deadly and against us,
what I'm very uncomfortable with is the definition, the behavior, the parameters, and whom gets to make that determination that, 'citizen john/jane doe is a threat' !
This is a very ugly and very dangerous can of worms.
Opposing views, speech, behaviors ?
Gatherings, meetings, citizens groups, outspoken and vocal?
Does that get someone on the potential list?
The whole idea of taking this type of 'cleaner hit man' out from the shadows and empowering the executive branch to be judge/jury/executioner really troubles me.

U.S. judge dismisses targeted-kill program lawsuit
www.reuters.com...

"If the court's ruling is correct, the government has unreviewable authority to carry out the targeted killing of any American, anywhere, whom the president deems to be a threat to the nation," said Jameel Jaffer, the group's deputy legal director

U.S. officials have refused to officially confirm the existence of the program, although they have said the CIA gave the green light to capture or kill al-Awlaki, who has never been tried or convicted of any terrorism-related crime.

edit on 8-12-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
the governments paranoid and they want to show the tax payers who boss, they cant have a bunch of taxpayers threatening to take away their cash cow

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Everyday, it becomes more and more amazing to me how numb, silent, tolerant, and desensitized we have become to our very selves.
We dont see ourselves having to incur any of these potential scenarios.
No trial, no voice, no defense, no chance.
Congress is deaf.
We are led by liars, and we lie to ourselves when we believe any differently.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Hasn't the government been doing this all along?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The greatest threat to national security seems to be the truth. Things are a little upside down wouldn't you say.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

I dont know if theyve been doing it all along, but I do now know it's right out in the open and there isnt really too much being done about it.
The truth?
I think there are so many decades and damages done with all the lying that the truth is like a vapor.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but if truth is the act of denying ignorance, and seeking knowledge, then the greatest threat to national security is ATS.
edit on 8-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

In my opinion, this is terrible. It goes against everything I know about the USA Consistuition/ Bill of Rights

Isn't there Habeus Corpus as described by the founding father's as necessary to democracy?!

Gris

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I hate to say it, but if truth is the act of denying ignorance, and seeking knowledge, then the greatest threat to national security is ATS.
edit on 8-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

Oh for sure,
Not only in content, but it is also a great corral for any 'cowboy of justice' to gain access to those posting within it
but really seriously how long can you live afraid, it really isnt living when youre afraid.
I never wanted to see it, but I firmly believe that in my lifetime I will see this country turned inside out and upside down, by outside and internal forces,
all scripted to dance a certain dance of destruction to try and fulfill an agenda started long ago and promoted by elements that have infiltrated our halls of governance.
Just my 2 sad pennies.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrisGris

In my opinion, this is terrible. It goes against everything I know about the USA Consistuition/ Bill of Rights

Isn't there Habeus Corpus as described by the founding father's as necessary to democracy?!

Gris

Habeus Corpus has its own tomestone now,
I guess in a good way people are now starting to see it isnt just 1 administration or the next,
it's all of the administrations in succession doing the bidding of the corporate owners and elite with agendas set on dismantling the nation and its laws.
Each administration has helped set up the next, with laws and acts and revisions and new policies.
Powerful ones that they may not even immediately use, but 'the next one will',
and every few years it just gets worse and worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

i was always aware, but learned to ridgerun and circumvention them at every stage of my existence.

i suggest you all learn to do the same.

only you have the power over you

quit being a victim and become the victor
edit on 8-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

top topics

join