It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange should get Nobel prize: Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

www.timeslive.co.za

The detained founder of the WikiLeaks whistle blowing website Julian Assange should be helped and could even be put forward for a Nobel prize, a Kremlin source was quoted as saying Wednesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
economictimes.indiatim es.com
rt.com
www.vancouversun.com

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

"Social and non-governmental organisations need to think how to help him," a source in the Kremlin administration was quoted as telling Russian news agencies.

"Perhaps he can be put forward as a laureate for the Nobel Prize," added the source, who was not named, in apparent reference to the annual peace award.

The remarks may have been made with a degree of irony and Russia has so far played down the release of the US diplomatic cables and predicted they will have no major effect in its relations with the United States.

However no further quotes or explanation from the source, who was quoted by all of Russia's main news agencies in a simultaneous dispatch, were forthcoming.

Assange was refused bail Tuesday by a British judge over alleged sex crimes in Sweden after saying he would fight an extradition request by Swedish authorities.

This is a surpise to me. Assange probably never thought of Russia being his closest friend. Help from Russia? What the odds? But he sure deserve a nobel. This would be a honor to the nobel price itself.

www.timeslive.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-12-2010 by RUSSO because: Free Assange

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The mind boggles - from one of the most secretive governments in the world, a statement like this, lol, the world truly is run by crazies!

I agree that Assange is worthy of recognition, but coming from Russia, it's unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They won't likely be singing this tune if he is ever able to release his Russian stuff.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Why not Obama got one just for showing up

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well, Assange said that the world would change after the leaks.

And seems that IS what is happening.

Russia? Really?

This would be my last guess.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Indeed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
They won't likely be singing this tune if he is ever able to release his Russian stuff.

amen

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
John F Kennedy - "the peoples president" speaking in 1961.

In 1961 the United States was leaning heavily towards becoming the kind of people that JFK was speaking to when he said:
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

Compare that against what Sarah Palin said and others who want Assange tried on Espionage/Treason charges - heck one has first to be a US citizen to betray the USA in a treasonous way and Assange is an Australian citizen apparently - what sort of geograhic ignorance and arrogance does one have to posess - to suggest he be charged in the USA with espionage/treason?

The above situation shows just how FAR the USA has sunk, in the 50 years since they allowed their president to be Assassinated by the Bushclan at the behest of the Rockerfellers.

John D Rockerfeller (and his 4 sons heirs) have succeeded when he voved:-

He also vowed in turn he would "break apart" the United States

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read and understand!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah at least he would deserve it... not like some people like Obama or scum like Kissinger or Gore.

Give it to one good person for once.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oops - Double post - sorry
edit on 8/12/10 by ianmoone1 because: Double post - sorry

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If Assange dropped any info on Russia he might glow in the dark after ingesting some plutonium 210.
edit on 8-12-2010 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

This is just what I was thinking.
Take Obama's back, give it to Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Russia is probably happy with WikiLeaks, just now, because they very recently released news of a secret arrangement by the Western powers to defend the Baltic republics from attack. Russia supposed, with very good grounds, that this was intended to counter their influence in the region. Overall, the USA has come out looking the worst, so far due to the leaks. I think Russia will change its tune when some of their ugly business comes to light. Ross

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Russia may be one of his best customers and does not want to lose the ability to buy selected information. As soon as it is all released, he will have nothing to sell. It is to be expected that the tabloid level stuff will be giveaway, to showcase his stash, but the good stuff wouldn't be free.
Now the only question might be about the disinformation plants hidden in the large volume of ho-hum cables.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
The mind boggles - from one of the most secretive governments in the world, a statement like this, lol, the world truly is run by crazies!

I agree that Assange is worthy of recognition, but coming from Russia, it's unbelievable.

Not if you consider that the Russians could gain a few billion friends with their apparent sympathy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Support WikiLeaks

I can imagine what terror it would be to be the guy who uses the key to this PO box...

Scrap the plastic/electronic B/S...

Too many open browser tabs! This post belongs somewhere else! Sorry about that OP

edit on (12/8/1010 by loveguy because: Oops

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It would certainly be more sensible than giving it to, say, a president who's only been in his job for a few months and has been totally ineffective, reneging on every promise and becoming possibly more dangerous than the nut case he replaced.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

He doesn't have the balls. If he releases anything about the Russians, they'll find his body is some unmarked grave, wearing only piss-stained underwear, with his tongue nailed to his forehead as a warning to others.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Getting kudos from a country that would like nothing more than tp have the US go under could only mean one thing, he is indeed an enemy of the US.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Birds of a feather, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join