It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Professor Finds Cocaine in Organic Herbal Tea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Maryland Professor Finds Cocaine in Organic Herbal Tea

www.nbcwashington.com

When a Delaware woman claimed that drinking herbal tea caused her to fail a drug test and lose her job, a chemistry professor tested the tea and made an alarming discovery.

Dr. Miguel Mitchell said when he tested the Peruvian Delisse coca tea at his Salisbury University lab in Salisbury, Md., he was shocked at what he found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Really Shocked?

The real story here is how STUPID people can be sometimes... this professor and the lady who popped positive included...

A quick check at the product shows the level of IDIOCY everyone including the editor of this story has shown...

AMAZON Link to the product

Product Features

* 50 tea bags, no paper wraps, tags, air tight bag
* Peruvian Product, organic coca leaves
* Strong coca tea , 50 tea bags per sealed Bag
* Contains alkaloids, energy booster
* Great coffee alternative, caffeine free

www.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
HA! Yeah, I BET it contains alkaloids. Oh well, I think its fine. I would be disgusted if it ends up banned for some reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A tea with the name Coca slipped thru the cracks:

Remember when Coca Cola use to contain Cocaine - that's why it was called Coca Cola

edit on 8-12-2010 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

yea I hear ya ..Its made from coca leaves

Thats like drinking herbal tea made from marijuana and being shocked that you tested positve for THC.
funny stuff!.... ignorance is bliss.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I know what I'm buying.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This entire article is nothing but propaganda against alternative medicine and the organic sector. I'm sure this is how S510 will come into full force with ridiculous incidents that get MSM coverage such as this. The only thing shocking about this article is the sheer stupidity behind it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You can fail a heroin test if you eat to many poppy seeds also.

But they don't get you high either way.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

This reminds me of an incident when a pregnant woman had eaten some poppy seed bagels or whatever and almost had her child taken away because she tested positive for drugs.

Our war on drugs is reminiscent of our nation's earlier battle against alcohol: Prohibition...which got us no where and made things a lot worse by contributing to the rise of the mafia. Of course in the United States of Amnesia we often forget these sort of things and are due to repeat them interminably.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This entire article is nothing but propaganda against alternative medicine and the organic sector. I'm sure this is how S510 will come into full force with ridiculous incidents that get MSM coverage such as this. The only thing shocking about this article is the sheer stupidity behind it.

You are right... for this professor to be serious, it would have to be propaganda... because I can't believe he could be so silly as to be shocked by this

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Our war on drugs is reminiscent of our nation's earlier battle against alcohol: Prohibition...which got us no where and made things a lot worse by contributing to the rise of the mafia. Of course in the United States of Amnesia we often forget these sort of things and are due to repeat them interminably.

WHY do you think we have a war on drugs? The government was not about to dismantle the bureaucracy put together to deal with alcohol so they just substituted drugs!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
* Peruvian Product, organic coca leaves.

"slipped through the cracks."

where was the FDA and DEA.

No one would believe you could sell coca leaves in the US as the plant is listed as a controlled substance.
Coca leaves and extracts of coca leaves are both Schedule II in the United States. This means they are illegal to sell without a DEA license and illegal to buy or possess without a license or prescription.

The only coca leaves allowed in the US is the decocainized leaves and only one company can have them.

They remove the coc aine for medical uses and with the waste make a ingredient for coca cola.
www.uic.edu...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Makes me wonder why I can buy it on Amazon...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
You can fail a heroin test if you eat to many poppy seeds also.

But they don't get you high either way.

Cocaine in your mouth numbs your gums. Dunno if some people consider that a high, but it's still a fact

top topics

join