It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa sells shuttle PCs without wiping secret data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Nasa sells shuttle PCs without wiping secret data

www.bbc.co.uk

US space agency Nasa has been left red-faced after selling off computers without ensuring that highly sensitive data had been removed.
An internal investigation found 10 cases where PCs were sold despite failing data removal procedures.
Another four PCs - which were about to be sold - were found to contain data restricted under arms control rules.
The computers were being sold off as Nasa winds down its space shuttle operations.

The last shuttle flight is scheduled for June 201
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.computerworld.com
www.reuters.com

link   
ok...this is crazy ,...... they just keep getting worse and worse.

as i mentioned in my other thread re : the bad science
see here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but as for selling the pcs without cleaning them properly, or even checking them before selling.....thats nothing compared with the fact they sold them even when the KNEW they had not been cleaned

they even wrote passwords and network paths on the outside casings of the pcs !!!!....and then left them on there.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: sp

edit on 8-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: additional info

link   
sorry here is the actual Audit report ::

oig.nasa.gov...

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So???....we as a country are no longer going to launch shuttles? EVER??? No more American Astronauts?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

the rich and the elite = astronaut 2.0

www.necn.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
So???....we as a country are no longer going to launch shuttles? EVER??? No more American Astronauts?

Of course not! They are a waste of money!

Triangles will be reveal any day now as our grandest secret weapon ever. --Thanks to the ETs.

Didn't you ever wonder why we had no public fanfare for the next generation of craft to replace the killer shuttles?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Anybody wanna sell me one of these beauties? lol lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That's right. It's been in the news for some time now. I wonder why the last Discovery mission keeps getting pushed back. I don't believe the official story, of course. And what's to replace the shuttle fleet? Maybe something they've been working on out in the Nevada desert. Or perhaps they'll replace the shuttle fleet with... NOTHING. Because they know our time's almost up.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
NASA is a waste of money. And, they know it, therefor the continued poor performance. They are only a public cover for the real space program which is vastly more advanced and is paid for by black ops funding.

Why continue to pump money into old technology that is obsolete? Basically only as a smokescreen. That's my take anyhow.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

ok, well I dont keep up with the space program or any lil spacey men stuff. So tell me, has there been some other secret covert ops involving a new space type exploration? i did here about the X37-b I think it was. Unmanned space ship. it just landed or something?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Plus, all of this publicity about the F-22 and the release of the helmet details/plane capabilities for the F-35 keeps the Russians and the Chinese focused on our covert developments. Hell, yes, take orders from other countries for the F-22 and even for the F-35. Make billions on the sales while we secretly build an amada of triangles that will be invincible for decades.

I know it is a bit of a stretch for some of you, crazy talk even. But consider that the triangles--that are constantly being seen--will be taking the place of several types of vehicles, including most aircraft, and all rocket-powered spacecraft. No one wants to lay claim to them because they are the bastard prodigy of ET craft. If they ain't ours, then they must be genuine ET machines. Take your choice.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Triangles?? huh?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

ok, well I dont keep up with the space program or any lil spacey men stuff. So tell me, has there been some other secret covert ops involving a new space type exploration? i did here about the X37-b I think it was. Unmanned space ship. it just landed or something?

The "Space X" rocket was launched today and it's capsule was scheduled to splashdown in the Pacific this afternoon around 2PM EST.:

SpaceX's Dragon capsule, first privately owned spaceship, set to attempt launch into orbit
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the X37B, if I were a betting man I'd wager it has to do with what may be approaching our cosmic neck of the woods in the next 2 years or so...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
NASA is a waste of money. And, they know it, therefor the continued poor performance. They are only a public cover for the real space program which is vastly more advanced and is paid for by black ops funding.

Why continue to pump money into old technology that is obsolete? Basically only as a smokescreen. That's my take anyhow.

I agree, that was my immediate gut reaction. It's such a farce that no one can even bother about "security" that means nothing.

Probably the only ones who were taking it seriously were the silly internal auditors who discovered the problem. No doubt their report came off in a room full of big yawns.

JR

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Where was I the week they had these on eBay?
or did they use craigslist?

either way I guess I missed out

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

It will be interesting to see what this 'secret data' entails....

Anybody here familiar with the infamous Discovery transmission in 1989 in which a very specific transmission was recorded on an unsecure radio frequency: "HOUSTON, THIS IS DISCOVERY, WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACECRAFT UNDER OBSERVANCE."

I hope whoever has acquired these computers is scouring the harddrive for info as we speak....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The private/public sector will be replacing the space shuttles for the near future.

See Orbital Sciences Inc. and SpaceX.

Two upstart commercial space companies have been awarded contracts by NASA for commercial cargo resupply services to the International Space Station. SpaceX, also known as Space Exploration Technologies received a contract for $1.6 billion while Orbital Sciences Corp. of Dulles, Va. has a contract valued at $1.9 billion. NASA has ordered 12 flights from SpaceX and eight from Orbital. In October, at this year’s International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight, SpaceX Vice President of Marketing and Communications Diane Murphy said that the six- year-old company has it in their sights to be able to fly to the space station by 2009. For now, the contract is for cargo only, however SpaceX’s Dragon capsule and Falcon 9 rocket are human rated, and would be capable of delivering up to 7 crew members to the station. The Dragon could also be used as an escape vehicle. If SpaceX and Orbital can be successful in cargo re-supply, it could pave the way for a potential solution to the gap between the shuttle retirement in 2010 and when the Constellation program would be ready to fly, hopefully by 2015.

www.universetoday.com...

Opps, this_is_who_we_are beat me there

edit on 8-12-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi there OP here.

i think people are missing the main point here....its not that the shutlle program is ending ...its the fact they let these pcs go out with data on them.....very secure private data...
they even let these pc go with passwords and network paths written on the outside casings !!!!!!!

Did anyone read the actual PDF audit report ?? it is very very damning of Nasa and its security.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No. Stay calm.

The "White" NASA is on the death bed ...

BUT..

The "Dark" NASA is Alive and Kicking!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I know it is a bit of a stretch for some of you, crazy talk even. But consider that the triangles--that are constantly being seen--will be taking the place of several types of vehicles, including most aircraft, and all rocket-powered spacecraft. No one wants to lay claim to them because they are the bastard prodigy of ET craft. If they ain't ours, then they must be genuine ET machines. Take your choice.

Not a stretch or crazy as far as i'm concerned.

The Belgian wave 89-90 proves it's not crazy or far fetched.

The Belgians themselves stopped short only by a whisker of saying that the ufo's they observed and chased in F-16's, were of extraterrestrial origin in their official report into the thousands of triangle and diamond shaped ufo sighting reports, during that time.

The thousands of reports from civilians were in addition to police sightings, multiple air force radar sightings and recordings, from both ground stations and on board the jets. Pursuit of sighted ufo by air force pilots, who attempted to lock on target multiple times.

You've probably already heard of the Belgian wave, so i'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but many people forget about these very important sightings of triangles and morphing ufo's in Belgium and the open and frank accounts of what happened given by the Belgian authorities themselves.

Although the Belgians originally checked with the US regarding any possible US experimental aircraft they might be flying, which proved negative, *if* these craft were some super performing experimental US/any military aircraft, just think what the last 20 years would mean in terms of refinement and improving on the design, and what they may be capable of now.

And just think about the sheer numbers of these craft, that could have been manufactured during the last couple of decades! Certainly enough hold military dominance over the entire globe...taking everyone on at once!

If you had a couple of hundred or so of these in your armoury, you could...rule the world..

Bit silly of NASA to have flogged the PC's with attached and potentially secret/sensitive data...but i have to say, i'm 100% all for it.

The more secrets NASA let slip, the further along we'll all be in learning the truth and nature of our existence and our real place in things, where we really fit within the grand scheme of things.

Well done NASA i say. It's a big thumbs up from me

edit on 14/12/2010 by spikey because: Added info

edit on 14/12/2010 by spikey because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join