It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Extending unemployment is proof the gov knows something serious is going to happen in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hello all, this is my first official thread here on ATS. Also I'm not sure if this particular topic has been discussed in detail or if is the correct forum for this but I'm going to share my thoughts anyway.

I've had a lot of talks lately with friends, acquaintences, fellow conspiracy theorists, etc about the economy. Obviously this country (and the world for that matter) is in a dire state of affairs and facing the worst recession since the great depression. And some economists will tell you that it's only a matter of time before the US financial infrastructure collapses. There was one comment a friend of mine made that really stuck out to me though. And even though he was joking around it really made me think. Anyway the comment he made was that "If the government extends unemployment again, then you'll know fore sure that the world is really ending soon."

So the question here, is it plausible that the US government is aware of a possible extinction level event in 2012 and that's why they don't care about the massive debt they are running up at present?

Because when you think about it does make a lot of sense for several reasons:

- If the government knows that only the 'elite' and select few will have a chance at surviving a cataclysm in underground bunkers, why not do the right thing and allow the rest of the sheep meandering the pasture a chance to live the last few years of their life with some sort of financial security knowing they will likely never hold a job again. Keep them distracted and happy.

- How many more times (and years) can the government extend umployment knowing that the unemployment rate is going to stay very high for years to come, way past 2012. And we all know that many of these peoples jobs will never return if/when there is a recovery. Furthermore the true UE figures are much higher than 9.8%, probably closer to 20%.

- If the unemployment benefits are extended another year for the maximum of 99 weeks. That means that anybody who is applying for first time would be able to get them through December 2012 (coincidence?).

- If the government were to announce today that there is a 90% chance the world as we know it is ending in a few years, there would be mass panic, chaos, riots, anarchy, etc. In fact the government would be paintin a massive bullseye on themselves by announcing anything like this publicly. Converserly if the government fails to pass extended unemployment benefits, the exact same thing is going to happen eventually as people become desperate. We already know there are over 2 million people whose benefits have run out and need the new extension ASAP.

- There's a lot of talk that some '99ers' are simply milking the system for what it's worth and not even looking for a new job. And most of us who know people that are unemployed know this is true in some cases, especially in california where entitlement is still a universal mindset. Why take a job that pays the same, less or a little more than unemployment when you can sit home all day and smoke weed and drink. Maybe the government wants this because it keeps the masses docile. Again - keep them distracted and happy.

So please discuss your thoughts on this. I could be crazy with this 'conspriacy theory' but there has to be reason why the US government seemingly has little regard for the long term consequences of running up the naitional debt and printing money like it was monopoly money. Maybe it's simply because they don't care knowing what is about to unfold in a few years.....
edit on 8-12-2010 by Disconnected Sociopath because: edited thread title because it was too long

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Great thread. I think the part about how the Government doesn't seem to care about how much debt they're in is true. I've noticed this. It's like they know something will happen that will wipe the slate clean, but that doesn't mean it's related to 2012. If it was 2012 related, what makes you think they would know something will happen. How would they know?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Piero Angela, an Italian journalist (sic), trying to debunk the 2012. He says that if one would believe in an end of the world in 2012 (2 years from now) would make huge quantity of debt.
ha ha ...
Who could believe in such a joke and do a similar stupid move?
let me think....
The American president Barack Obama maybe?!?!?!?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

In part I agree, but there is one other possibility. The baby boomers are on their way out of the workforce. When this happens there will be plenty of jobs for the relatively few in comparison. Although this may take another 5 years to really get underway. I viewed some comments made by the labor department that this low is the new standard. Once the baby boomers retire, the workforce will be reopened. I personally think if they mandated a retirement age and made sure that social security was sufficient to stop the baby boomers from working then jobs would come back quickly for those unemployed.

Point in case my father is working a part time job and he is nearly 70 years old. He is in a sense tying up a job from someone needing it, all because his social security has not increased and has been cut significantly. Our problems as a country are multi-faceted. However, there are very real solutions that could solve the hurt if political parties started just thinking about cause and effect of their decisions. Unemployment is a necessary evil, but can not go on forever if the design of it is not changed.

Yes, it is possible government knows everything is about to come apart on them and what the hell print more money. If that is the case though we won't know until it is too late. If that is not the case then we have to fix the problem once these corrupt politicians are gone from public power.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure I agree with anything-one event (like 2012) happening..but i do find it unbelievable that they extended the UE benefits and tax breaks. What are they thinking with all this debt? I think they are grasping at strands. Eventually, the strands are going to break.

I don't know how much longer this system is going to hold up...and the weird thing is that the majority of people don't have a clue about how the UE extension works, how much debt is causing/caused, etc....etc...etc. Scary!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Realistically in the short term, extending the unemployment benefits means that millions will be able to pay their bills THIS month. There need be no other answer out there in the future somewhere.

However, I just returned from reading the link below about the strong evidence for an impending mini-ice age starting in earnest in about 2014, if not more or less yesterday for some UK folks!

www.helium.com...

Could it be that the warming hysteria has been a disinformation cover for the exact opposite, simply a ruse to get the world organized under the auspices of the UN and other international orgs? The reason why this could be the case is that the warming is something we can (seemingly) control--no great panic over that issue--while the cooling is something we are totally at the mercy of.

Let us not forget the "peak oil" scare that has sort of petered out. IF we are in for a mini-ice age, fossil fuels and other means of energy will diminish far faster as the world's supply of such energies are required to even maintain the status quo. If this situation is even remotely true, the energy wars are going to increase.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I am a baby boomer,my husband is 74 and still
works full time in the government.
Do you have any clue what the retirement package
might be for the baby boomers? A nice, quiet bunk
in a fema camp until "they" decide when to kill us.
We are all considered useless eaters and of no
use,except as spare body parts.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
First off, Hello everyone, i am new to this site, but we will deal with that another time, but what i wanted to say is that i completely agree. This video is one i watched a few months ago, I dont know if NEIL CAVUTO was being serious or not, but he made a very good point that made me think.www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They had to extend the bennies, there would be pandemonium in the streets if they hadn't. 1 out of 10 of us is out of work but that doesn't mean they are out of hungry out out of the need for a roof over head...

If we're going to continue playing this scarcity game of Monopoly, we're going to have to find a way to keep the players playing.

Could this also be a way for them to keep us looking in one direction while they slip off into those underground bunkers for 2012 or WW III or some HAARP related weather catastrophe, I wouldn't put it past them at all.

I do believe the curtain is about to fall though... Wrote a song about it.. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I am a baby boomer,my husband is 74 and still
works full time in the government.
Do you have any clue what the retirement package
might be for the baby boomers? A nice, quiet bunk
in a fema camp until "they" decide when to kill us.
We are all considered useless eaters and of no
use,except as spare body parts.

you're an idiot. If he's 74 and has worked full time for the Government for decades, he can retire rich on a Government pension.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

He has only been with the government for
a little over a year!
It takes one to know one,otherwise,talk to
my paw,meow!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What i think is much more likely is this.

In 2012, the economy will collapse. And that will begin a long and grueling process.

Theres no 'major cataclysm'. And if there is going to be, theres no rational indication of it. Theres only a defunct economy, and a plan to collapse it. This is what the 2012 predictions are about. Its the "end of this world'. And with all things new, it begins with pain - birth pangs, and sufferring.

I used to think something drastic was going to happen. But i dont think that anymore. Im going to think reasonably, and logically, and the only 'sure thing' to put stock into, is a collapse of the economy, atleast by 2012. It would be pretty amazing if it happened december 19th, the end of the 3rd quarter, in 2012. It would atleast prove that inflation.us is aware of that, and thus playing thrir own role in this engineered calamity.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Another thing that keeps people docile is to distract them by letting them work hard to pay dept, which is only getting higher.,

Also...

The money is in fact just monopoly money.

Because of all those years of dept payments. There is a huge amount of money which is only backed up by so much. Inflation is a result of that. Lets say we would all get our money from the bank... Well we can't cause there isn't enough. It doesn't exist.
edit on 12/8/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I totaly agree, something is amiss and is going to happen ...but when, is the million dollar question.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I really do think that they know something is about to happen. WHY DO THIS AROUND THE WORLD and only the elites are invited. www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... this only proves that something is going on. Time to wake up. Oh, i'm sorry, go back to sleep, see you in the fema camps with the rest of them. Why did they take off jesse venturas show on fema camps. This looks like something is truly going on in front of our eyes and is about to show its nasty head here very soon comming in 2011 and 2012.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb
Great thread. I think the part about how the Government doesn't seem to care about how much debt they're in is true. I've noticed this. It's like they know something will happen that will wipe the slate clean, but that doesn't mean it's related to 2012. If it was 2012 related, what makes you think they would know something will happen. How would they know?

Personally I'm on the fence with all this mayan doomsday, 12/21/12 stuff. But considering all of the various religions, cultures, etc that seem to point to that timeframe...it does make one think long and hard. And if you believe in any of major world religions, there is a clear message in all of them that the world is going to end someday and there is no way to avoid it.

As for why/how the government knows something would happen - Let's say the government has acquired legit scientific information, for example proof a very large asteroid is going to hit the earth in 2012 with 99.9% probability. Obviously they can try and stop it, but there's no guarantees they can. Same reason why they wouldn't tell the public about this because they know panic and chaos will ensue if there is the slightest potential of an asteriod hitting and ending everything.

I think the bottom line here is that regardless whether or not some sort of catistrophic event happens in 2012 - the government is prolonging the inevitable by extending unemployment. Because at some point the proverbial you know what is going to hit the fan and unless they magically create millions of new jobs in the next few years there is no way around this unemployment issue plaguing the country right now. Factor in another potential downturn in the housing market and you have serious trouble on the horizon folks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIStory Indeed
They had to extend the bennies, there would be pandemonium in the streets if they hadn't. 1 out of 10 of us is out of work but that doesn't mean they are out of hungry out out of the need for a roof over head...

If we're going to continue playing this scarcity game of Monopoly, we're going to have to find a way to keep the players playing.

Could this also be a way for them to keep us looking in one direction while they slip off into those underground bunkers for 2012 or WW III or some HAARP related weather catastrophe, I wouldn't put it past them at all.

I do believe the curtain is about to fall though... Wrote a song about it.. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

Actually they didn't have to extend them at all, and it appeared they had no intention of doing it until Obama gave in to the Republicans demands regarding the bush tax cuts and 'compromised'. No surprise there though because the guy has been a true 'politician' ever since he took office...but that's a whole other debate/topic.

The bottom line is that the government is prolonging the inevitable. And as major corporations in this country continue to lay people off and watch their profits and stocks soar, there will be millions more that are unemployed in the coming years. Do more with the less and make the executives bank accounts swell.

We are truly living in interesting times regardless of what the near future may hold for human civilization.

Nice song by the way.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

What i think is much more likely is this.

In 2012, the economy will collapse. And that will begin a long and grueling process.

Theres no 'major cataclysm'. And if there is going to be, theres no rational indication of it. Theres only a defunct economy, and a plan to collapse it. This is what the 2012 predictions are about. Its the "end of this world'. And with all things new, it begins with pain - birth pangs, and sufferring.

I used to think something drastic was going to happen. But i dont think that anymore. Im going to think reasonably, and logically, and the only 'sure thing' to put stock into, is a collapse of the economy, atleast by 2012. It would be pretty amazing if it happened december 19th, the end of the 3rd quarter, in 2012. It would atleast prove that inflation.us is aware of that, and thus playing thrir own role in this engineered calamity.

Personally I would classify a total collapse of the US economy as a 'major cataclysm' because there would be many lives lost in the fallout simply due all the chaos in the streets. There would be all out wars and large metro areas would be hit the hardest due to the population density. And I'm guessing our government has no trouble killing millions of innocent people with deadly force if they need to.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think you would need to look at the bigger picture meaning the rest of the world in respect of some extinction level "event" would happen and only a select group of the "elite" possess this knowledge. I would guess America would not be alone since the elite crowd dont just reside in America, so one would need to examine the rest of the world's pre-event happenings to decipher the results. Why are so many European countries changing their entiltlement programs rather then extending them? If such an event was is in the works why would Greece and France and others not just do the same to keep the public calm in the midst of a possible extinction level event Just my observation but I love the thread

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
I really do think that they know something is about to happen. WHY DO THIS AROUND THE WORLD and only the elites are invited. www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... this only proves that something is going on. Time to wake up. Oh, i'm sorry, go back to sleep, see you in the fema camps with the rest of them. Why did they take off jesse venturas show on fema camps. This looks like something is truly going on in front of our eyes and is about to show its nasty head here very soon comming in 2011 and 2012.

They do know something will happen. Whether they create it or something other that is out of their reach and is preparing for it. WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY DO THIS SORT OF STUFF? Is the world going to heat up or get bombarded by meteors. Are they planning a NUKLEAR EVENT and this is why the large tunnels all over the U.S.A. are being built. LOCKEED MARTIN will be moving to a secret location and 10000 jobs will be lost here in Minnesota.
If you watch and pay attention to the video, you will hear lockeed martin mentioned. What in the world will happen, that this has to be done. 42 levels and counting. WTF. All our newest tech is going underground and they have a train system underground connecting all the underground bases. Some countries are doing the same. Look in the video at the HUGE antenna array. They talk about this new technology of planes/ships that are used and they take a look at a HUGE door that opens and they come out. Is a GLOBAL EVENT to occurr? They hiding the fact about this and are hiding the fact of fema camps. They must know of some GLOBAL EVENT to occurr.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join