It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in the midst of a HUGE war going on... right now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thats right ATS.

We are in the midst of one of the biggest wars this world has seen in decades.

Except this war is a war of information and control, not a war of conventional means.

This war is being fought between the wikileaks group, and the government/corporation group. One only needs to take a look at all the recent wikileaks-related headlines to see the truth:

"All-out cyber war' erupts over WikiLeaks: 'Anonymous' hackers take MasterCard offline"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Media outlets may be probed over WikiLeaks stories, Sen. Lieberman claims"

"Swedish prosecutor's website under cyber attack"

"Wikileaks under powerful cyber attack"

"WikiLeaks Under Attack; No Comment From State Department"

"Hackers Attack Websites of Perceived Enemies of WikiLeaks"

And the list goes on.

Its quite easy to see the back and forth attacks that are going on... and they seem to be only increasing in size and intensity.

Just recently, hackers took down mastercard online. MASTERCARD!!!!

With attacks such as these going on, could we see an "escalation" to the point where infrastructures of governments/countries could be attacked, affecting our everyday lives?

Lets not forget how intertwined our everyday lives are with technology- cellphones, credit cards, INTERAC, internet- even much of our traffic light system is controlled by computers. Could operations like these come under attack?

Lets not forget who is on wikileaks' side; a bunch or armchair computer hackers spread out over many different locations! If these armchair hackers unite to defend wikileaks, the government could become totally powerless to stop them from completely taking out technological infrastructures.

So what are the two sides of this war fighting for?

Well the government and the corporations that run it are obviously fighting to keep the ability to have secrets and keep the people in the dark.
Whether or not you think governments have the right to keep secrets from the public is up to you, but personally I think it is a privilege that has become the source of most, if not all governmental corruption. If governments were totally transparent, there would be no corruption, at least not at the scale we see today. Just try and imagine what kind of dirty secrets the governments are hinding in the name of "national security".

Wikileaks seems to be fighting to initiate some kind of idealistic global reform- to expose the geo-political secrets of the world and keep them in fear of continuing to operate in the same secretive fashion that they have been for who knows how many years.

Just take a moment to step out of the fray and take a look at whats at stake here.

Whether or not you think wikileaks is government info or a true freedom-fighting movement, you can't deny the ripples it is making world-wide, and can't help but feel excited at the prospects of certain government secrets, such as JFK, 9/11, federal reserve, BP oil-spill, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even UFO's coming to light.

We without doubt live in extremely interesting and crazy times, and this very well could be the most organized effort at liberation from government corruption we have seen in years.

Unfortunately, as in any war, there could be huge amounts of casualties, and its fair to say that the powers that be won't bend to the will of wikileaks, and if it sees defeat, will thrash about like a wounded animal and try and take down the rest of the world with it.

I'd say that this could be the best chance for people like us here on ATS to contribute to the fight against oppression.

Even if Wikileaks is a CIA operated organization, its pretty obvious that if such were reality, then wikileaks main goal would be to eliminate even more freedom. If such is true, then wikileaks could be the biggest mistake TPTB have ever committed.

These last few weeks could be the start of a new revolution; it is only my hope that things don't start escalating out of control and we those supposed FEMA camps come to use...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very good post

Yup, there is a war going on.

Oh, and one little thing, he won't release any 9/11 info.. He doesn't believe in the 9/11 thingy, and then I doubt he will release ANY information on 9/11.

And for the UFO cables. Nah, I don't think we are gonna get blown away. I just think its little things that wont change anything in the UFO community.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"This war is being fought between the wikileaks group, and the government/corporation group."

What's the difference between the two?

"Whether or not you think wikileaks is government info or a true freedom-fighting movement, you can't deny the ripples it is making world-wide, and can't help but feel excited at the prospects of certain government secrets, such as JFK, 9/11, federal reserve, BP oil-spill, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even UFO's coming to light."

Since Julian Assange is a 9/11 Official Fairy Tale believer, don't expect much from WikiLeaks in regards to 9/11.

This whole scenario seems like one big marketing scam. Amazon, Paypal, Master Card, Visa all getting some valuable free publicity from this charade right in time for the holiday shopping season. This is the new viral marketing: staged current events mixed in with a nice dose of consumerism and advertising.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hmmmm...I wonder where all this will lead?

Internet regulations and restrictions anyone???

And all of you are applauding those that will cause it....good job.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Good Post. There is definitely some agenda to this episode.
If it is for or against either group is still very uncertain.

But it is at the smallest level making the sleepiest of people to open their eyes & think for a minimalistic moment that what they know to be true is not really true.

That way it is a plus for humanity & this planet.

This could also surely lead to clamp downs and what not as pointed out by a few folks here, but that probably would have happened sooner or later.
Better now with some eye openers for the public.

May the best contender win!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this is not all a staged circus.

Ring one: Julian the Clown

Ring Two: NSA et all hackers pretending to be "Anonymous"

Ring Three: Outraged Media/Government/Corporate interests.

Price of Admission: Our internet freedoms shut down. Corporate/Government strict control of all media and internet. The bills are already in Congress.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

idk yes while everyone believes in patriotism and the like it is common knowledge to most even in the US that our government is nothing more than a bunch of liars. everyone knows it none can deny it.

while if a third party participant is defending wikileaks and is in fact not wikileaks, then by all means this could be a very good thing that came from a very bad thing... and in fact may lead TPTB wishing they didn't try this false flaggery this time around, but then again the ball is rolling at such a fast pace there is little that can be done to stop the inevitably of the NWO.
it could in fact just lead to very stricting of IT to the common man while TPTB have full access.

just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Very good post

Yup, there is a war going on.

Oh, and one little thing, he won't release any 9/11 info.. He doesn't believe in the 9/11 thingy, and then I doubt he will release ANY information on 9/11.

And for the UFO cables. Nah, I don't think we are gonna get blown away. I just think its little things that wont change anything in the UFO community.

It's possible he said that about 911 as a purposeful misdirection. This is, after all, an information war. Therefor it's possible that he denied it because in fact, that is what the insurance file is.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
OH GEE. lets put a new spin on wiki. MORE DISINFO, to get you off track of real info and agenda of the people doing such acts. Lets put so many spins on this, that the whole thing will just get dumped or labeled as to this incident is nothing to be concerned about. YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED, your getting hijacked. IDIOTS. This activity going on is not constitutional and therefore, we the people are not obligated to pay taxes to an institution that ripps peoples and other gov'ts off. A world hearing needs to be assessed as to the repacusions of said peoples acts.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
hmmmm...I wonder where all this will lead?

Internet regulations and restrictions anyone???

And all of you are applauding those that will cause it....good job.

This exactly where it's leading, and I believe that was the plan all along. So much rhetoric flying around. The crack down has begun. It's only a matter of time until web sites are shut down and others are arrested. They'll send the warning soon that anyone who re-posts 'secret' docs is just as guilty as Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

This exactly where it's leading, and I believe that was the plan all along. So much rhetoric flying around. The crack down has begun. It's only a matter of time until web sites are shut down and others are arrested. They'll send the warning soon that anyone who re-posts 'secret' docs is just as guilty as Assange.

Regardless if it was 'planned' or not, TRUTH will always prevail over falsehoods. You now have the truth in your hands and if you still support those that seek to clam down on truths, then you most certainly enslavement by tyranny. They are only a minority, even if it had been a shadow dictatorship all along since this century ruled by elites, BUT we are the many. There aint enough bullets to kill us all before they get snuffed out by their own stupidity with retaliatory actions.

No more can humanity stand divided, and no one today will, for we all DO HAVE common aspirations - peace, prosperity, justice, equality and progress, no matter our differences for we are ALL ONE race - human.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Agreed, that alot is going on, but you have to admitt that this is not constitutional and thus if so corrupt. then a full investigation of everyone thru a WORLD WIDE CONFERENCE to get the ones involved and deal with the situation so we can go back to our love of America. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
PERFECT timming to take off jesse ventura FEMA CAMPS and what going on there. I wonder what wiki is saying about FEMA CAMPS. Go wiki your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, go wiki, go wiki, Go wiki your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, go wiki, go wiki.
edit on 8-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Like I said in my post, the two could be the same, and we are just seeing another puppet play with the same puppet master controlling both sides.

However, this time, the movements and actions that this could spawn could have a ripple effect that extends to the point where the puppet master will no longer be in control of his own play.

Wikileaks could spawn a revolution against the powers that be, if it already hasn't. Whether or not wikileaks is a part of the powers that be is irrelevant, as the movement is separate.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

Aye, thats the rub!

The real question is whether or not people will stand by idly as the freedom of voice over the internet is taken away. It could easily be said that the internet is really our only un-altered and un-filtered source of information, so if that freedom is in jeopardy, it could be the big wake-up call to the people to stand up for their rights.

Or it could just end up being another blatant example at how TPTB have succeeded in making no one care.... as long as they have their t.v. shows and alcohol.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Thats right ATS.

We are in the midst of one of the biggest wars this world has seen in decades.

Except this war is a war of information and control, not a war of conventional means.

This war is being fought between the wikileaks group, and the government/corporation group. One only needs to take a look at all the recent wikileaks-related headlines to see the truth:

"All-out cyber war' erupts over WikiLeaks: 'Anonymous' hackers take MasterCard offline"

"Media outlets may be probed over WikiLeaks stories, Sen. Lieberman claims"

"Swedish prosecutor's website under cyber attack"

"Wikileaks under powerful cyber attack"

"WikiLeaks Under Attack; No Comment From State Department"

"Hackers Attack Websites of Perceived Enemies of WikiLeaks"

And the list goes on.

Its quite easy to see the back and forth attacks that are going on... and they seem to be only increasing in size and intensity.

Just recently, hackers took down mastercard online. MASTERCARD!!!!

With attacks such as these going on, could we see an "escalation" to the point where infrastructures of governments/countries could be attacked, affecting our everyday lives?

Lets not forget how intertwined our everyday lives are with technology- cellphones, credit cards, INTERAC, internet- even much of our traffic light system is controlled by computers. Could operations like these come under attack?

Lets not forget who is on wikileaks' side; a bunch or armchair computer hackers spread out over many different locations! If these armchair hackers unite to defend wikileaks, the government could become totally powerless to stop them from completely taking out technological infrastructures.

So what are the two sides of this war fighting for?

Well the government and the corporations that run it are obviously fighting to keep the ability to have secrets and keep the people in the dark.
Whether or not you think governments have the right to keep secrets from the public is up to you, but personally I think it is a privilege that has become the source of most, if not all governmental corruption. If governments were totally transparent, there would be no corruption, at least not at the scale we see today. Just try and imagine what kind of dirty secrets the governments are hinding in the name of "national security".

Wikileaks seems to be fighting to initiate some kind of idealistic global reform- to expose the geo-political secrets of the world and keep them in fear of continuing to operate in the same secretive fashion that they have been for who knows how many years.

Just take a moment to step out of the fray and take a look at whats at stake here.

Whether or not you think wikileaks is government info or a true freedom-fighting movement, you can't deny the ripples it is making world-wide, and can't help but feel excited at the prospects of certain government secrets, such as JFK, 9/11, federal reserve, BP oil-spill, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even UFO's coming to light.

We without doubt live in extremely interesting and crazy times, and this very well could be the most organized effort at liberation from government corruption we have seen in years.

Unfortunately, as in any war, there could be huge amounts of casualties, and its fair to say that the powers that be won't bend to the will of wikileaks, and if it sees defeat, will thrash about like a wounded animal and try and take down the rest of the world with it.

I'd say that this could be the best chance for people like us here on ATS to contribute to the fight against oppression.

Even if Wikileaks is a CIA operated organization, its pretty obvious that if such were reality, then wikileaks main goal would be to eliminate even more freedom. If such is true, then wikileaks could be the biggest mistake TPTB have ever committed.

These last few weeks could be the start of a new revolution; it is only my hope that things don't start escalating out of control and we those supposed FEMA camps come to use...

In one line government infastructure has intranet you cant shut them down.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"4chan rushes to WikiLeaks"

I think anyone who has a decent knowledge of internet groups will know what this means.
4chan is never to be underestimated, and I think have the potential to commit acts that would be terrorist acts in nature.

The war rages on!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I don't think it is right to call it terrorism when they are fighting the overbearing establishment. This isn't a group of people attempting to scare the populace into doing what they want as the word insinuates... this is technological freedom fighting.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I heard on the radio this evening that Paypal, Mastercard, Amazon etc etc had been contacted by the US Government and ''told'' that any release of information (an i guess support of any organisation which reveals data) would be prosecuted under USA law....

The whole 'war' is not clearer than that !!

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Exactly. As long as the masses are fat and happy they will go right along with it. Unfortunatley THAT is the majority! (IMHO). And people who press the issue and push the envelope will continue to be marginalized by the MSM so eventually they (we) will be labeled extremists, terrorists. So Orwellian it's not even funny!

Interesting times

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join