It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Very Large Objects In Space Flying To Earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well we will know sooner or later

I don't know enough to comment really other than interesting

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder if these could be the fast-rotating pulsar called PSR J2007+2722. Einstein(at)Home was talking about the discovery a few months back the Arecibo Observatory said it appears to be a rare type of object..called a Disrupted Recycled Pulsar. You can also use Google News and similar searches, with keywords like 'pulsar' or 'J2007+2722'I am sure there are other interesting objects to be discovered ! Im not saying this is what these are just an idea

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
This is scary.. and intresting at the same time

Here is the picture from the source
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cd8ecfed9ae.jpg[/atsimg]

It seriously looks like a scorpion tale in this picture.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Andrew Wozny's article is missing important details.

(1) When did he talk to SETI Astrophysicist Craig Kasnov?
(2) How did he talk to SETI Astrophysicist Craig Kasnov?
(3) Why did he talk to SETI Astrophysicist Craig Kasnov?
(4) If this is such a significant find, why hasn't there been an article on NASA.gov, Space.com, MNSBC.com, etc... Main stream news and government websites would have this type of announcement plastered all over the place. Since something like this would be too large to cover up, there would be no reason to keep this a secret.

Exactly.

Here is the list of current SETI staff members.

As interesting as the topic may be, I personally disregard any type of information that starts with serious misrepresentation or outright lies.

Think about it: if even the purported source of the information is invented (AND spiced up with lies regarding the position of the source), how reliable can the rest of it be?

edit on 9-12-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The images that SkyMap and Google Sky use are decades old. Using them to look for appoaching objects is about as useful as using a globe to check the weather.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They should make a list of TABLOID SOURCES AND STICKY IT so we won't have these ridiculous threads.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

SETI is a scam.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
According to another post, we are originally from another galaxy that is colliding with the Milky Way, which explains why the Milky Way is almost at a 90 degree angle to us, and why we oscillate along its galactic plane. If this is true, then it would explain why it is said that large objects, planets, moons, planet-sized moons, brown dwarfs, comets, etc. have emerged out of nowhere and blazed through our fragile solar system, wreaking havoc, causing extinction level events and destroying civilizations (including previous highly advanced human ones).

IF our government (and possibly other governments) knew/know about this, they probably wouldn't tell us about it because society and civilization would utterly unravel. 6.5 billion people as one massive, self-consuming, self-destructive mob? Nah. They'd build underground bunkers and cities. They'd create seed banks at high elevation in secret locations around the world, and maybe give one such location away publicly, like the one in Norway (was it Norway?). They'd have a secret space program capable of who-knows-what. They'd, perhaps, if they felt inclined to help prepare the general public, to condition them, stage disasters as an innoculation against future disaster situations, perhaps using false-flag scenarios to cinematically take out a large target or two. They'd do all these things...

Wait a minute!

They have.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know, several months ago we had another "astrophysicist" from setiathome.org announce an alien signal she received, one Judy Falksog. Remember her/him? Maybe she/he went back to being a he/she with another name change.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Giant Blue Dildo Headed For Earth

Get ready for the Second Coming!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The blue objects are known as gravitational lensing. Einstein told us that a mass will curve the space around it. If you have a big enough mass, and you have a source of light behind that mass, the light can bend around that object and come back and be magnified. (Example you see this everyday if you ware a pare of glasses, light passes through and magnifies) Mass can act like a lens and magnify things and split images. All of those blue things are different images of a single galaxy that are being magnified and bent by gravity. They are not "spaceships"

Websites with more detail

en.wikipedia.org...

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Or you can view the entire you tube video called A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, in which he talks about the "blue things and shows pictures www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-12-2010 by resverlogix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Is the examiner a reputable source? I hope not. This sounds frightening to say the least. How big did it say the objects are in kilometers? How big is that?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I know the thread you're talking about.....it is an interesting topic, but PLEASE don't misunderstand it!!!

According to another post, we are originally from another galaxy that is colliding with the Milky Way, which explains why the Milky Way is almost at a 90 degree angle to us, and why we oscillate along its galactic plane.

Firstly....it is theoretical. AND, our particular planetary system's orientation, vis-a'-vis the rest of the "Galactic Plane" is irrelevant!! It is not an "explanation", in and of itself. THINK on this fact, for a moment: WHEN astronomers are discovering extra-Solar planets, they do so first, by noting stars that "wobble"..THIS MEANS, that the planets that are orbiting that star are doing so "edge on" to us!!! In other words, those star systems are aligned more or less parallel to ours!! Further, as they observe and scrutinize these candidate stars, they look for signs of planet crossing, going in front of the star...the planet passes between it, and us...and then they can do spectrometer readings, and get some idea of the components of the planet.....its atmosphere, etc. They guess at its mass fromthe effect it has on the home star's "wobble"....

A star system's (and our Solar System's) orientation has nothing to do with anything! It is random.

NOW....as to the possibility of a "merger"....it was not when "WE", as humans, existed....for, any such galactic merging would have occurred LONG, LONG before humans evolved....long before mammals ruled the planet! Probably long before complex life forms of any kind!! Billions of years ago! I am sorry if that other thread left another impression....it may not have been clear, on that...but, it is long, and sometimes such details get missed........

Current estimates regarding the nearest other spiral galaxy to us, Andromeda....estimates are that WE are growing closer, the Milky Way, and that galaxy. In about three billion years, or so, will see another possible merger (or a close call, at least).

Things happen VERY, VERY slowly, on astronomical timescales. People seem to forget that, and apply human standards and concepts, instead......

BTW...someone saw my post about this timescale ( the false impression that 2012 is somehow significant ) and an alleged "two year" travel time for these non-existent "space ships", that are topic.

I used Mars' orbit, because of its approximately two-year time-frame...but, the fact that it's an ellipse threw some off, it seems. STRETCH it out, the total distance travelled by Mars, on orbit, into a straight line....my point is, IF these "things" (that aren't there...they are lens/camera anomalies) were going to take "two years" to get here, and they were moving as fast as Mars moves (FOR example...) then they certainly don't demonstrate any technology capable of travelling between the stars!!! IF they are FARTHER than about 1.5 billion kilometers?? (Compare to the distance Jupiter is, from Sun....778,570,000 kilometers).

Then HOW can they be "seen"?? How "big" does Jupiter appear, even in a telescope?? BTW, Saturn? Farther than Jupiter, and IT is about 1,514,500,000 kilometers. 1 and 1/2 billion.

Logic!! It seems to be missing from this thread.......

edit on 9 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Long time lurker. First post. (hello!)

I looked at these images with interest and wanted to try to explain them, but I didn't know enough about Sky Map to know if these kind of anomalies are actually all over the place if you look hard enough. So I had a good look around other parts of the sky, seeing if I could spot anything similar. And then far, far away and zoomed really really reeeeally far in I found...

A giant Space Worm.

I don't know how to get the co-ordinates so here is the link:
Link

My point is that it's probably an anomaly and I'm sure there are tons of them.
Unless that really is a giant Space Worm.

edit on 9-12-2010 by ApocalypseMeow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here are some objects (Asteroids,vehicles, lifeforms, dust particles?) i found a couple of months ago on Wikisky.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13fb7f5a38b1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-12-2010 by jlr758 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This looks like some kind of cromatic aberation from the reflector of the telescope.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ive been looking around the web and i found that SETI itself has not posted ANY information regarding these finds. not does there appear to be any Craig Kasnov listed as a scientist at SETI.. actually when u google search all u find is several articles referencing his name and the 3 objects.. no other info available. i must say it was intriguing until i looked into it a little further.. now im just suspicious of the whole thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Maybe it's the Borg?lol I'm just kidding.

It looks solid to me.It also looks hand made,whether it's by man or alien remains to be seen.For now it's an unknown object.What they should do is find the path of this..thing which I'm sure whoever found it has done already to see where it's headed and if it's intelligent by the way it moves or if it's just floating in space.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The main source is THE EXAMINER, and this is still on the front page? Are we really doing this?

Ive got a few examiner articles that proove bigfoot is a space-oger who has been living in Tennessee for 10 billion years if you guys wanna break that one down for me

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
DEBUNKED:

Debunked

Scroll down to Astronut's post. He has quite satisfactorily debunked this thread. Be sure the also view the images in his post.

"Furthermore, the "spaceships" in question are film emulsion scratches and problems on photographic plates that were taken some 20 years ago."

Please close this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join