It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in Apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In August of this year, I moved to a new apartment with a roommate. 2 bedroom, 2 bath relatively modern place. Ever since moving in my roommate and I have felt that something is "amiss" in the place, but we never really thought much of it. That all started to change this week with separate incidents. Pictures and audio recordings will follow this weekend, as we plan on investigating EVP, and trying to get photos of "something" this weekend. So stay tuned for that if this intrigues you. Here are the separate events.

November 11th: Roommate recorded strange noises coming from the back hallway. Went to investigate. His door was open a crack. Didn't think much of it.

November 30th: I was sitting in the living room when I noticed a brief shadow on the hallway wall. Went back to look, figured it was headlights or something

December 1st: Roommate's friend Tyler claims to see something move out of the corner of his eye in front of my bedroom door. I was asleep at the time.

December 4th: I get up around 3:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom. My bathroom door is wide open, I never leave it open.

Decembewr 6th, 11:30 p.m.: Roommate was in the living room with three friends including his girlfriend Chelsea, and Tyler as mentioned previously. Tyler and his other friend Zach are not spiritual by any means, but aren't hardcore atheists or anything. Chelsea is sitting at our kitchen table. In the corner of her eye she sees a mist-like figure standing in front of my door staring out into the living room. When she turns to look at it, it disappears. It rematerializes immediately when she looks away.

December 7th, 12:30 a.m.: Zach is grabbing a beer from the fridge. As he does, he sees the same figure out of the corner of his eye. Once he turns, it again is gone.

December 7th, 2:00 a.m.: My roommate is going to bed with his girlfriend. When he shuts his door, he suddenly hears a doorknob from the outside hall turn, and a door creak open. He immediately opens his door, and sees that my bathroom door is suddenly open.

Though Zach did see the ghost, he really couldn't describe it. Chelsea, who is spiritual, had a pretty good description. It's a young woman, with a long gown or dress, long brown hair, and a white veil of some sorts on her head. She described her almost as looking like she is at a wedding or something. Everytime the spirit has been sighted, it has been standing outside of my bedroom door. I've made a chart of sightings and incidents from our floor plan:

My Issue: Though this may sound benevolent, or like some sort of guardian, I don't think it is my spirit guide/guardian angel, and that worries me. Why is she always standing outside of my bedroom? Why am I the only who hasn't seen her? Though it may not feel like a demon, and may seem benvolent, I am pretty worried about this and would appreciate any insight people have in dealing with entities like this.

Questions:

1. If it is my spirit guide, why did she feel it necessary to reveal herself to my roommates and friends?
  2. if it isn't a spirit guide, why is it guarding my door? Why is it protecting me?
  3. Why did it feel necessary to open a bathroom door, if that is indeed what happened?

Thare are a few other concerns I have, like how did I let this thing in? Everytime I go home from work to my apartment, I've never felt alone. It's not like I've felt somebody is watching me, but I have always felt a presence or something with me. We are holding a seance/cleansing/etc this weekend which will include attempted EVP and photos. We will be using Salvia 20x Extract as well to assist with contacting the spirit realm, but we will be saving it until the "official" work is done. I will follow up then with more information. Until then, any experiences like mine would help, and explain how you got rid of it. Obviously, if it a spirit guide or benevolent spirit, then our cleansing will not work, and it will remain in place. I don't want to make a benevolent spirit feel unwelcome, but at the same time if it is something that is "stuck" between dimensions I feel obligated to help it on it's way. Anyone else have similar experiences to share?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It sounds like a residual type of haunting, ..... as the " ghost" is always outside your bedroom door, doing the same thing time after time.

Thoughts and emotions are a type of energy, so if an event is profound enough in a person life, it becomes trapped in time.

Also, dont tell any of your friends about whats going on, because it may create a collective mentality and they may be looking for something to happen, influencing their experiences.

I would suggest not using the Salvia, .... because then you may fall victim to your own imaginings.

I don't know if any ritual can get rid of residuals, then again I'm not one for rituals, because they do not work, only the focused intent behind them does, any conscious effort geared towards a specific outcome is sure to have an effect.

Then again, if its not menacing, .... just let it be. A perpetual soap opera for you to observe.
edit on 8-12-2010 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Have you asked about the history of the apt? Did anyone who use to live there previously pass away?

I know where I lived previously I saw my roommates wife who passed away in the house. My roommate and I both saw and heard strange things but it didn't bother either of us because we both knew it was more than likely her.

I was sitting in the living room watching tv one night and saw her shadow walk across near the bar in the corner of the living room. She had a white gown on. It lasted about 10secs and she was gone. When I told my roommate what I saw he turned white and told me his wife wore a gown like that and that she passed away in that gown. I think he was more freaked out than I was but there was never anything done that was harmful. Besides me seeing her, we both experienced the candles on the mantle go flying off a few times. My roommate after the third time got rid of the candelabra that was on the mantle. I use to hear voices and the dog would bark at nothing in the corner. I think the dog saw more than we did. I never felt threatened by her, it was her home. It was like she was watching over him to make sure he was ok.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
yeah i wouldn't try the whole salvia thing. if everyone is dead set on wanting to see or speak with this ghost (lets face it if your doing this to get answers everyone is looking forward to a sighting) you are all going to see something. it probably won't be what you're expecting.

Something to try though would be the flashlight test. get the twisty ones and turn it just enough for it to turn off and see if you can get a reaction. ask the ghost to turn it off and on. see if you can get "her" to use the light to answer questions maybe.

Good luck, hopefully you can get some good evidence to share with us.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

cool very cool

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Residual.

She doesn't seem like she is trying to contact you as she insnt 'intelligent'
IS the dress old fashioned?
Id check what use to be there, they may have knocked down a old place to build apartments, which doesn't change a 'haunting' space.

Defn not a spirit guide.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One of my good buddies owns an apartment that has similar occurrences that happen.

Your haunting sounds like it is more a ghost/spirit that is in the apartment itself, and not a guardian of yours. From my experience with the supernatural, I am quite sure a guardian would appear to you at times it felt necessary.
I am convinced that I have a guardian spirit, which are apparently normally Demons, as ghosts can't become attached to things, and I have been encountering mine since I was around 8 years old.

Since the spirit at your apartment is always by your door, I feel it is necessary to ask this, as it is a feeling I get when I am around a spirit.

When you are in your bedroom, do you get light headed? That may not be the proper description for the feeling, so I'll ask a few feelings to see...
It's either a light headed sensation, a sensation of having a lot of weight on top of your head, or a dizziness... Those are the ways I can describe the sensations I get when I am in my buddy's bedroom at his apartment, or anywhere else... I personally believe that is a sensation people get around haunted areas of a place, or a ghost itself. It's happened to me ever since I was young.

Do you feel threatened in any way by it? Or do you feel safer with it? If you talk to anybody else who lives in your apartment building, I'd suggest asking them about it.
That is what my friend and I did, and we found something interesting out.

One guy who lived there but recently moved had a photograph of him in his living room, there was a dark mist near his couch and when zoomed in on it, you could see three faces in the mist, as well as a figure sitting on the couch. I'd recommend you take photographs, possible videos over night, and EVP if you are feeling up to it. I'd say you should make sure you are certain the entity knows you are only curious, or trying to communicate with it, and to make sure you are not threatening it in any way by it responding.

I'll have my eyes peeled on this thread, interesting story, and I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Set up a few webcams where you have seen things in the past. I.e. in front of the bath room, or where it appeared in the corner of the girls eye. Tape for a few days and see what happens. Post the results when you have something interesting, I'm curious.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arthurium

Webcams might not be the best idea... Unless they are REALLY good ones.
They are known for picking up shadows that aren't really there, for example one night I was on webcam with my ex and there was a shadow that appeared behind me for a few seconds, it's all the pixels on that and sometimes they 'pick up' things that aren't even there, making it look as if there is something there.. I'd recommend using a digital camera or a camcorder.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How is this still on the front page of the paranormal section when no one has updated this at all for days? I'm so curious to know whats going on, yet every time I click on the link I'm sad to see nothing has changed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NationOfSin
How is this still on the front page of the paranormal section when no one has updated this at all for days? I'm so curious to know whats going on, yet every time I click on the link I'm sad to see nothing has changed.

Still on front page of this because hardly anybody posts here.
I'm curious too, they said they would be investigating on the weekend, today is Sunday so we can probably expect something by Friday at the latest I hope.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have something very similar going on.
One bedroom apartment. Doors being ripped out of my hand. I've heard voices but haven't actually seen anything. Yesterday the ghost learned a new trick...it is now able to throw stuff. It messes with my radio. My TV.

Thing is though, none of it is scary. I have a buddy on faceboogar who is a ghost "hunter" who I have recently contacted about the activity. We are going to try and set up some stuff to document the activity. I'll either post here or create another thread when I have something concrete to show.

Doc, I personally would do what Intastella said and just let it be if she isn't a nuisance. I think it's kinda cool. Although the throwing stuff is getting bothersome. I just laid out some bamboo skewers on my dining room table in a pattern and took a photo of them. I think it can pick up small things like that. I told the ghost that those are some toys for it to play with. haha

My girlfriend was just saying a few minutes ago that she can't believe it is a ghost and THE INSTANT she began to speak this, something was thrown on the counter in the kitchen. HAHA! She had to pause for a second but is steadfast that she wants to see it for herself.
edit on 2-1-2011 by JayinAR because: Last paragraph.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome story!

Are yo an avid salvia user?

I hope so cuz man, that stuff is no joke, especially when smoked/20x extract.

What's up with the updates?

Hope the operation went smoothly and you're all alright.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it sounds like PLACEBO EFFECT

really, everyone sees whatever they want in the corner of their eyes

new topics

top topics

join