It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BPA found on 21 out of 22 $1 bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It seems this chemical that is causing troubles in China (with their workers being exposed to it) and that Canada has labeled toxic is now found on 21 out of 22 $1 bills. Are we purposely being exposed to this stuff? I think this gives a bit of credibility to the population control rumors.

Twenty-one out of the 22 $1 bills tested in California, 17 other states and Washington, D.C., carried small amounts of the chemical, which is commonly used in plastic bottles as well as in food can liners, adhesives, sports safety gear and dental sealants, according to a report being released today by the group Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families.

Here's the link to the article.
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/12/08/MN8H1GN4FQ.DTL

edit on 8-12-2010 by chefc14 because: adding the link

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't know why it won't link directly to the article but it's there somewhere. Maybe this will work.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/12/08/MN8H1GN4FQ .DTL
edit on 8-12-2010 by chefc14 because: trying to get a direct link

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chefc14

Such a shame... something new everyday we learn about the poison they expose us to daily.

Why bother acting like they really care, they do enough to blatantly show they do not care, most can argue that they are actually trying to reduce the population. ( I for one believe there is more than enough evidence to support this.)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
BPA found on 21 out of 22 $1 bill

There ya go. There's a lot of plastic in everything, that's why.
edit on 8-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
MZMorbid, thanks for posting it for me. Plastic everywhere, so much pollution and no way to stop it. The solutions they think they have will just be problems in the future, for example getting rid of batteries form electric cars.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The way I see it....
There are so many people across the globe that are so apathetic, that it might be too late.
Generations of people blatantly litter, and just toss plastic on the roadside.

What makes me sick is the footage from china.
The over run landfills and polluted rivers.

I'm beginning to think that some people just shouldn't reproduce.
Hate to say that but in some areas of the world, there are just too many people.

Do you know why there's BPA in one dollar bills?
Because there's plastics everywhere and I'm sure a type of it is used in the paper.

But so what?
Why worry about a dollar bill?
Seems like another ploy to turn currency into an electronic system to me.

If you research most consumer items, you will more than likely find a study that discovered carcinogens.
Typical propaganda.

Just like the myth that if you touch your car keys more than once a day, you get lead poisoning.
It's all perception.

Me, I dont worry about petty things like this.
I know that no one person has control over what or how they die.

Its just another way to hype things up to change them.

I'm just sayin'

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me a bit due to the abundance of BPA in plastic everywhere. The more alarming placement of BPA, IMHO, is in can linings of tinned food.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My question is, is it being put there on purpose or is it a by-product?

new topics

top topics

join