It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

pure coincidence I'm afraid, signed up to post in one of the bek threads because somethings about the story were bugging me. I'm posting now because I'm interested in the subject matter. Sorry.

reply to post by chron_1ck

And that might only be the first key.
edit on 8-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I've tried the password, using ASCII characters only.

Also: ß²²¹³99942apophisß²²¹³99942apop and ß²²¹³99942apophis and ß²²¹³99942apop

Not working
edit on 8-12-2010 by politicalpundits because: updated

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I kind of hope this is a hoax, because if it isn't my gut feeling would be that the asteroid is going to hit and the files contain evidence of such.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
does anyone know what the 'refer to legend' bit means?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by politicalpundits

Guessing it's a key for that code which could turn it in to another string that needs a key or the actual password.

The whole quote

Refer to legend - see E-mail 23.D

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Apophis may not just be referring to the asteroid:

Apophis was an Egyptian mythological serpent that some stories refer to as the Serpent of Chaos, or the serpent that the cat goddess Bastet fought for millions of years.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I thought the insurance files were just all the files from WikiLeaks in one file?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Pretty much, If it dosen't have the second vid I'm going to be disappointed, seeing as that was supposed to be released after the iraq one but never was.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

wouldn't make sense though to have it so tightly encrypted

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Would be a pointless insurance file if anyone could crack it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I just tried it, and password is bunk. =/ Not surprised though. Sorry guys.

ditto here...thought the pw itself could be a cipher of sorts too...who knows..:/

disapointed.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Let's be serious, no offense to the OP, but do we really think youtube would be the primary medium for disseminating this kind of info?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by politicalpundits
does anyone know what the 'refer to legend' bit means?

( forgive the assumption)

It means that the symbols used in the 'password' mean something other than they appear - that you need a second cipher to interpret the symbols before you can decipher the password given to you.

(If I type " A" and "A" actually means " petaflop" then its no use typing in "A" to get a result..you'd have to type in "petaflop" every time you saw the letter "A"...giving you a file that has the meaning of "A" written on it is giving you the "legend" to my letters)

In this case it refers to a legend/file already sent out to someone somewhere in an email.

Given the reference to Apophis, it would be a nice irony if the "legend" was not held by one person or a few and was actually hidden in the legend of Apopohis himself ....which when I think of it, wouldnt be too odd given the insanity of the situation and the levels of protection involved....its also a possibility that the LOng/LAtt of the incoming 2 0 2 9 asteroid may have something to do with it....its Julian..so its anyones guess.

Does make you wonder who has it..I suspect George Sorros has it..but beyond that...*shrugs* I just hope he chose his vanguard wisely.

If this isnt a prank...its a smart move to disseminate as widely as possible...though, being the suspcious person I am it could also be a set up with a cia bot recording all our gullible isp addys for future domestic terrorism charges:/

chuckles...I've been called worse

Rosh'petaflop'

edit on 8-12-2010 by Rosha because: spelling syntax and context...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
someone try joshua its the password from the movie war games it might work

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It's virtually impossible to crack an aes256 encryption

AES permits the use of 256-bit keys. Breaking a symmetric 256-bit key by brute force requires 2128 times more computational power than a 128-bit key. A device that could check a billion billion (1018) AES keys per second would in theory require about 3×1051 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.

Brute Force Attack - Wiki

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just a thought but didn't the military purchase all the sony 3 game consoles for a supercomputer...good this be used to crack the wiki encrypted file?arstechnica.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

I'm sure they had an idea that this was going to be leaked way before it hit the national news...again just a thought

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
Let's be serious, no offense to the OP, but do we really think youtube would be the primary medium for disseminating this kind of info?

I agree, YouTube is controlled by Google and when it comes down to Google picking sides I'd bet they'll stand with the Government. If this was the only place the password appeared it could easily be taken down.

Wasn't there another encrypted file that had been distributed a while ago?
How was the password released for that file?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

assuming this is something really provided by wikileaks, "refer to legend" indicates that the password you see on youtube, needs a cypher to open, and that cypher is located in an e-mail somewhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Woah woah woah, can we back up just a little bit. The OP, who just made their account, discovered the WL insurance password on a youtube video that was posted today, from a youtube account that was created yesterday?? Am i missing anything? I'm not here to speculate or criticize, but now where do we stand? What's up here?
And, the wikidocs user is now posting comments..www.youtube.com...
802 views now.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How can anyone believe that this is real? Seriously? There would be a twitter anouncement if this was the real deal, and the key is already known by a select few within WL, so there is no need for them to publish it to YouTube. IMO, this is just the shoddy work of the OP, attention seeking. This thread will only fool the fools.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join