It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If anyone has tried the password please post whether it works or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InvalidRequest2011

I'm eagerly awaiting to find out if this works or not. Did assange give the go ahead to release this, or did someone actually find a way to crack it?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why is this posted under Skunkworks? Did I miss something? Has this already been proven false?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Because it's just a youtube link given the title of password added to a video. As of yet, there is no evidence to suggest real or not.

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Moderator moved this thread within minutes of posting.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

wikidocs
Subscribe
Add as Friend | Block User | Send Message
Channel Views:0
Total Upload Views:100
Last Visit Date:2 hours ago
Subscribers:0

edit on 8-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There has been no breaking news on cnn. Which makes me believe that this is false. If it was true, Assange himself would have given the order to release the password, and the media would have been all over it. So I don't believe that this password is the real one.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Unless my cap kicks in 45mins

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I thought the file was supposed to have something like a 200 key encryption code that was to be entered by the few who know it which would then allow them to distribute it??

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Instead of speculating... Why doesn't someone just try the password and see if it works...
Surely someone on here of all places has the file downloaded?
I'm sure it's nothing, why would it be put on you tube like that? Probebly someone set it up for fun, just to hoax everyone, alot of attention seekers out there...

link   
Yeah, so I can't convince anyone I'm not a troll, so now it's just a waiting game...
edit on 8-12-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

On piratebay there are several torrents with the insurance.aes256 file, I downloaded a file some month ago or so but it seems to be corrupted, i get the following message

Error: Bad file header (not aescrypt file or is corrupted? [53, 61, 6c])

The SHA1 checksum of that file: cce54d3a8af370213d23fcbfe8cddc8619a0734c insurance.aes256

So make sure you get a valid and good copy.i tried both aesfix and aeskeyfind without success on the file. Currentlt downloading a fresh copy from they bay atm and will try the full password on that one. People mess things up when they shuffle bytes.

Example torrent: (there are many)
thepiratebay.org...
edit on 8-12-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

The one person I know who had the brains to up it to RS is offline so I'm having to use torrents.

Got the right file 1.38GB
edit on 8-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nick112

The thread was originally posted in Breaking Alternative News. The source/OP does not qualify for the B.A.N. news thus it had to be moved. Seeing that it's unclear whether the password actually works Skunk Works seemed like the perfect place. The thread will be moved again once the result is out - either to HOAX or elsewhere.

On a side note, just because a thread is in Skunk works doesn't mean it's a Hoax or a farce.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Im pretty sure ATS is the only place that knows of this atm.

the views were what, 40ish?

c;mon someone has to be at home able to confirm this.
im at work otherwise id do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I just tried it, and password is bunk. =/ Not surprised though. Sorry guys.

link   
hmm.. someone just posted on youtube that it doesnt work. I wish I had the file so I could just check for myself.

link   
What I don't get is... The technology America possess, why haven't they busted this file open already?

2nd line

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The YouTube.com video is now at roughly 306 views. Still havn't seen any comments on the video or here about having tried the password except:

tomofv
4 minutes ago ß²²¹³99942apophis

Don't work

tomofv 4 minutes ago

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Whomever decides to try the password remember to use the ASCII characters for the B and the 2213.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join