It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starcraft 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Why was this game released incomplete?with only camaighn mode for terran and not zerg or protoss

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

Because it was like 20 some missions, and therefore as long as a full release. Zerg and Protoss are coming via expansions. I don't know, I like it, but I don't like shelling out money to play as the other races. That said, they do provide a lot of content though.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

It's simple economics my friend.

Why sell the whole apartment, when you can divide it into several units and sell them each separately?

Breaking things into an increased number of pieces multiplies the profit margin.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well thats marketing. They want to make as much money as they can. Lately, almost every game release is not finished or not "full", that's because they want you to be interested in those games for a longer period of time and with any addition release of the game they can get more money from you. It's simple

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Apart from marketing techniques, the storyline in Starcraft 2 is in my opinion also a big factor in the decision to exclude Protoss & Zerg campaigns. I haven't played Starcraft in years, so correct me if I'm wrong: it seems to me that the storyline in Starcraft 2 is far more detailed for one, and doesn't quite allow for symmetrical campaigns like Starcraft 1 did due to the places the races take in the storyline. Can't elaborate on that without spoiling though ;]...

Either way, the game doesn't feel incomplete to me - keyword being 'feel'. With the relative disappointments of the latest Command & Conquer and Red Alert sequels - fun to play, but lost the original touch - I have to say that Starcraft 2 is a whale of fresh air. For example, they did an awesome job at going 3D while keeping that great look of Starcraft 1. I do agree that I expected more in a cognitive sense, but only in regards to the other races. If they continue to do quality work for the addons, I won't feel any shame in falling for their marketing techniques!

edit on 9-12-2010 by scraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

I also think sc2 is alot better than 1. I just wish they had campaighns for the other races so you would know how to play them better. But i guess it's ok,im learning the other races on my own now.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Some people argue that Terran is the best race currently, because the developers spent the most amount of time on Terran....

It makes sense, but with all the changes so far, things seem a lot more balanced

You guy's place US Server or Aussie server I am twoCTseven char code 180 (i think) always up for more on the friends list

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Honestly while the campaign is a big part of the game for casual gamers, SC2 was made and released almost solely for it's competitive ladder. It's considered a "sport" and is played worldwide for ridiculous amounts of money. GSL season 3 actually just finished up in Korea, a non Korean actually made it to the top 4 for once! Winner received $80,000 USD.

new topics

top topics

join