It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about leaving ATS for good.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm about ready to leave ATS for good. Things have gotten ridiculous here. Any evidence that goes against the conspiracy is ignored and the person who posted it is attacked. People are so desperate to live in their own little worlds that they ignore any bit of evidence that suggests that the world isn't so bad after all.

To be honest, people here scare me. No matter what they say, it seems that an alarming number of people on here truly want to see chaos erupt in the world. It makes them seem like a bunch of kids. The way kids would rebel and run away because they aren't satisfied with their home and families, some people on here want something, anyway, to happen (even if it means WWIII) that will change the world. They don't think about consequences, nor can they accept the fact that not everything is a conspiracy. That last bit is the key. Some people on here have stopped thinking completely. They ignore anything official just because it's official and blindly believe in the conspiracy. It's seen as an undesirable trait to believe anything the government or MSM says, even if the alternative (conspiracy theory) is complete lunacy.

ATS isn't about conspiracies anymore. It isn't about exposing the evils of the government, military, MSM, etc. All of that is gone. ATS is now just a den of anti-conformists. No matter how ridiculous the conspiracy theory is, it's just not cool, nor is it acceptable, to believe the official version of events. I think this is why people ignore and attack any evidence that dares to debunk a conspiracy. It's just not "fun" unless the conspiracy is true.

I've nearly had it. Unless all the pointless bickering, name-calling, and blind devotion to anti-establishment ideas (even when they're ridiculous) comes to an end (or at least starts to decline), I might just have to leave it order to keep my sanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

*waves*

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
404'd in 5...4...3...2....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I realized this site is full of BS propaganda soon after I signed up. It is not hard to do research and find out the real agenda behind this website. But I still come here to see what topics I should NOT be paying attention to. And also to see that important information gets taken down within seconds. What a bull# scam this website is, post anything relevant and it is removed promptly.
edit on 7-12-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Are you the type of person that when you smell something foul on your finger you continue to keep smelling it knowing that it smells badly, and then telling someone else in your vicinity "Oh my god you have to smell this its horrible!"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Come on how can you turn away from this site...some of it is very entertaining but I do look at this site as a parking lot for a ton of great breaking news that is always accompanied by links....it's worth a lot more than you give it credit for and I appreciate that folks take the time to update news as it happens. I always listen to talk radio and this site is always ahead of the curve for a lot of news before it even breaks to the major bullcrap networks..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I hear ya buddy , but you dont have to accept or dismiss anything just keep an open mind about it . Read it , if it pisses you off vent out by leaving a comment he wont forget =p But dont be to harsh . I had a few comments removed because they were border line you know blah blah. But anyway sure this site is full of some hot air...but sometimes its got a few good links to further your reserach into whatever your cup of tea is . If you give up so easily your gonna lose a good chunk of debate. Cuz one thing about this site is people talk what they feel lol which is kinda cool Enjoy the little freedom you have left on the internet before this is regulated and beaten to death by the feds.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

What kind of information

Im a newb and genuinely curious

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the rant... I enjoy seeing what people post. I have, sincerely, learned from being here and engaging in debate.

Whatever choir you find to preach to, I hope you have fun.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Can I have your ATS points when you go?

I hear they're gonna be the new world currency when the NWO takes over.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Maybe you just don't have the stomach for this kind of information, Dancing with the stars seems to be a popular alternative form of reality for folks like you.
Personally, I enjoy hearing the opinions of others. Some of it is a little goofy but it sure beats the nonsense you hear on the news. At least you get the unsanitized version, freedom of speech is alive and well at ATS.
This is a wonderful place where you can share ideas and information with people across the globe in real time. If you believe everything you read, or think that everyone who posts is serious I have some swamp land to sell you.
Most importantly I truly believe that the "conspiracy" theories on this site are mild compared to what is really going on that we don't know about. What does you gut tell you?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Abe7Fig

Either information regarding the true agenda of this website or current news information that is against the usual distracting propaganda that is posted

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There are countless posts deleted "in real time" that are not attacks against this website but more so people's opinions. [SNIP]

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12/11/2010 by TheRedneck because: Profanity

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

My earnest and honest advice? Take a vacation from ATS. No need for threads announcing your intent to leave forever... These threads pop up nearly on a daily basis and usually amount to nothing more than a vent over a butthurt post or post removal. I am not implying that this fits your situation - just speaking of generalities.

I've personally had more than a few occasions where I found myself quite angry over flame wars, trolls, and people who just don't seem to agree with what I see as "rational" or "logical" thought. But, at the end of the day, I am aware of a fact of life that keeps it all in perspective for me... That my idea of "logic" is not necessarily universal, correct, or valid for everyone. My idea of "logic" comes from the miles that I have walked in my own shoes, and my unique experiences might well vary from those of others.

One of the things that I have discovered, in my time on ATS, is that there is a sizable army of people who rarely post, or do not post at all. And these tend to be the people who are influenced by what we have to say in threads. I get enough U2U's, commending or condemning my opinions, from these silent members to attest to this reality. So, for my money, and from my experience - with the knowledge that my words, here on ATS, may well last for many, many years beyond my participation here - I keep fighting the good fight. I post in hopes that my words might help others answer their own questions, just as posts here, from others, have helped me answer a few of my own.

So, take some time off, ease away from the stress, take a deep breathe, and come back when you feel better about things. ATS is a community and every one of its members adds to what we have here.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

You do realize that ATS is a private entity and your "freedom of speech" rant is totally inapplicable. Right? The T&C's are very specific and I have never seen a post removed, no matter WHAT it said, no matter how controversial, divisive, opinionated, or vitriolic it was, for any reason other than for breech of T&C. Stay within the rules and posts do not get removed.

There are sights that allow discussion of criminal activities, blatant rudeness, or obscenity. It's just that ATS is not one of them.

To argue otherwise is akin to complaining that Mcdonalds wouldn't sell you a Whopper.

~Heff
edit on 12/7/10 by Hefficide because: cohesion of thought adjustment

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I've gotta say, I agree with you to an extent. These last few months have been especially trying, especially with all the Doomvember predictions that failed to appear but people still clutch to. I love ATS though, so I figure I can wait out the rough spots and avoid the lunacy if it starts overtaking a thread.

I'm sticking around, I'm just being more careful about where I tread and what I read, I think you should try the same. We can be friends in shaking our heads at the zaniest of posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I feel the same way.I have tried to just say screw it and not come here.I did for about a week once.I do come here and not log in a lot now.

The new format and the heavy use of flash has me PO'd a lot.

The juvenile posters posting nothing more the news from MSM sites has pretty much proved that ATS is nothing special or unique.

In a couple of weeks thousands of teenies are going to get netbooks from Santa and more juvenile posts will permeate the threads.

It is probably time to move on because ATS has become nothing more than the Chuck E. Cheese of the internet.

It depends on children growing old enough to get their own computers and search for social networks to appear like adults on posting very old news.

I have 8 more posts until I have a thousand.

Then I will just quit posting responses or logging in.

Time to move on to another forum.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Oneolddude because: I forgot why.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Like I said
"There are countless posts deleted "in real time" that are not attacks against this website but more so people's opinions."

I have personally witnessed many, especially today. How am I suppose to have evidence when they are removed a minute after being posted. My own witness account is all I need FFS. And what about the post earlier that was deleted referring to a private investigation being held against the owner of ATS. Hmm, now why would a group want to file a PI on the owner of this site..........clearly ATS is all about expressing freedom and truth......LOL
edit on 7-12-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

If you're curious about why a post was removed, U2U an admin and ask. But, owners, admins, and mods are all members as well, and posting personal information or attacks about members is prohibited in the T&C.

Personally I don't care if the site owners are closet Beiber fans. They provide us with a playground, free of charge, and give us a community to participate in. The only inconvenience to be had? A few rules and some ads - ads you can actually complain about and have removed if your complaint is valid.

Do you know of any other site that will remove an ad simply because members don't like it?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
plenty of boards on the net, im sure youll find the one that is right for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join