It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"G20 law gave cops 'wartime' power, ombudsman says"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am sure you are all familiar with the G20 summit in Toronto that happened earlier this year. It was another outrageous attempt at violating our rights.

Here is a quote from a source from some new information exposing our rights that were violated.

The G20 summit regulation that expanded police search powers entrapped legitimate protesters and "likely" violated the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Ontario's ombudsman said Tuesday. "I'm convinced the regulation was unnecessary and probably illegal," Andre Marin told a news conference. "Here in 2010 is the province of Ontario conferring wartime powers on police officers in peacetime." He said the provincial government has indicated it will act on his main recommendation: revising or repealing the Public Works Protection Act, which dates back to the late 1930s. The authorities used that act to develop a security plan for the summit, held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in the heart of downtown this summer. That act was introduced shortly after Canada joined the Second World War, as part of an effort to protect public works infrastructure in Ontario by allowing police to question and search people near dams or electricity plants, as two examples. The 1982 Charter limits police powers to search or detain people arbitrarily. On June 2, the government quietly passed Regulation 233/10 to expand police powers.

Here is Link

Sorry about that could have swore I included it.

I am sure we heard this and that, but the more we look into it, the more BS happened that is not what we stand for in North America or any where in the "free world".

Last I heard they still have a list of protesters they are on a manhunt for. Talk about a waste of my taxes I pay.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: edit text

edit on 7-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: lin

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry I had trouble with quoting the outside source at first, but this is pretty serious. It keeps getting worse every year no matter which country they hold it in.

Pretty crazy stuff if you ask me. I will not stand for any kind of curfew or unlawful detainment without reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You forgot to provide a link to your source.

That's considered bad form around here, although I've been known to forget it regularly myself.

Most of the edits in my threads are to add the links I forgot to add before hitting the post button.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Sorry buddy, my bad. I added link. Not all there tonight
. Please visit link if you get the chance, it has more mainstream garbage, but at least they are talking about it in the open.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ha, that's funny, you posted the link I was going to post, but thanks for pointing out my error
What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this being publicy acknowledged. I'm definitely getting a sense that more and more people are exposing truths, it seems to be increasing quite fast...and it is sooooo good to see the fightback starting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Ha, that's funny, you posted the link I was going to post, but thanks for pointing out my error
What are your thoughts?

I think its good that someone is acknowledging that law enforcement crossed the line at the G20 summit. They did the same thing at the summit in Pittsburgh.

Its a shame that more people don't stand up to the abuse of police powers when these summits come around but, unfortunately, they would just be lumped in with all the other G20 protesters waiting to be lumped up by the out-of-control police at those events.

It makes you wonder how they get away with such draconian measures to protect those summits.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

These types of actions of the individuals in power have always bothered me, but lately it seems they are going out of their way to exercise their power as to prove a point that they can do this and nothing we can do about it but moan and cry...

Draconian was a good way of describing it. They are getting us used to it world wide... UK, Australia, France, Canada, Even USA but I know my American neighbors won't stand by and watch. They will be the first to fight back when the line is crossed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Draconian was a good way of describing it. They are getting us used to it world wide... UK, Australia, France, Canada, Even USA but I know my American neighbors won't stand by and watch. They will be the first to fight back when the line is crossed.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. We've lived under the Patriot act and the TSA for almost 10 years now, with no sign of anyone really putting up much of a fuss.

Sometimes I wish the people would rise up but, I worry about what this country would look like if the people did overthrow the government. We don't need a French Revolution repeat here in the US.
edit on 12/7/10 by FortAnthem because: Stand still damn you!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes, any form of armed revolt would most likely cause more harm than good. I was not trying to condone that, sorry if I gave that vibe. But I wish us Canadians had more pride, we are pretty boring and many of us are waking up, we are a large majority of sheeple... Glad some of us are slowly sharing bits and pieces.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The real question at hand here regarding these G20 members is why do they think people want to kill them? and why in the world do they need billions of dollars worth of security? and why is only selected media allowed in sounds like Terrorist actions to me? No?

These guys seem above the president and Prime Ministers, like seriously people what the heck!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Very good question actually.

There are many reasons that I just can't find myself to get into right now. But I follow your train of thought and agree. Once this question is posed it opens many realms of possibilities.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All of you should research what it means when congress declares war.
In the USA, of course.
I'm not going into details because there's a few threads in ATS.

Put it to you like this...
In a state of war, there are no rights.

How it is written, so shall it be.

It's ashame what we've let these people accomplish, without a fight.
The G20 is the early stages of a world tribunal.
The G20, and USA's involvement goes against our very constitution.
Mark my words.
They are building the framework.
We are just too distracted to even care.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I am sure you are all familiar with the G20 summit in Toronto that happened earlier this year. It was another outrageous attempt at violating our rights.

Here is a quote from a source from some new information exposing our rights that were violated.

The G20 summit regulation that expanded police search powers entrapped legitimate protesters and "likely" violated the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Ontario's ombudsman said Tuesday. "I'm convinced the regulation was unnecessary and probably illegal," Andre Marin told a news conference. "Here in 2010 is the province of Ontario conferring wartime powers on police officers in peacetime." He said the provincial government has indicated it will act on his main recommendation: revising or repealing the Public Works Protection Act, which dates back to the late 1930s. The authorities used that act to develop a security plan for the summit, held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in the heart of downtown this summer. That act was introduced shortly after Canada joined the Second World War, as part of an effort to protect public works infrastructure in Ontario by allowing police to question and search people near dams or electricity plants, as two examples. The 1982 Charter limits police powers to search or detain people arbitrarily. On June 2, the government quietly passed Regulation 233/10 to expand police powers.

Here is Link

Sorry about that could have swore I included it.

I am sure we heard this and that, but the more we look into it, the more BS happened that is not what we stand for in North America or any where in the "free world".

Last I heard they still have a list of protesters they are on a manhunt for. Talk about a waste of my taxes I pay.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: lin

I think this is ridiculous. What is the point of us having a say in anything these days. They do things quietly under the table anyway. Also i love the Screen Name.

top topics

join