It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED: UN Caused Cholera Epidemic in Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.thenewamerican.com...

From the report:

Piarroux’s report, commissioned by the French government at Haiti’s request to uncover the source of the cholera, concluded, according to Jonathan Katz of the Associated Press, that “there was no doubt that the cholera originated in contaminated water next to a U.N. base outside the town of Mirebalais along a tributary to Haiti's Artibonite river.”

[...] “no other hypothesis could be found to explain the outbreak of a cholera epidemic in this village ... not affected by the earthquake earlier this year and located dozens of kilometers from the coast and (quake refugee tent) camps.”

As can be expected ...

”... the United Nations has refused to admit any possibility of blame for the epidemic, trying to deflect responsibility by insisting that it is, in Katz’ words, “more important to focus on fighting the outbreak than on its origin.”

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Well sounds like an attack on the base more then the base pouring something in there own water.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

It's not very shocking.... sad to say. TPTB want and need population control to enact their synister plan. They just happened to find the right venue to employ some"population reduction" tactics. The UN is just a puppet for the "real" world powers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is no proof that the UN "caused" the cholera outbreak here.
That title needs to be struck.
Not that I'm a fan of the UN by any means.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I guess you didn't read the article. But thanks for stopping

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Could be. But interesting that they don't want to discuss cause. I'd say that exploring what caused an outbreak is important and necessary no matter where it leads.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here's another source:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sources who have seen his report say it found strong evidence that the cholera outbreak was caused by contamination of a river by UN troops from Nepal.

Nepalese troops p#ing and s#ing in the Haitian's drinking water river? Is that how it was transmitted?

I certainly hope they weren't pouring buckets of special cholera concentrate in the river!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I guess you didn't read the article. But thanks for stopping

My bad. You're right, I didn't read the article - just your post.
They probably caused it.
A very, very high probability they caused it.
I never dreamed they could be that stupid and careless.
Mea Culpa.

Thanks for the kind rebuttal.
You're a Girlgenius with a heart

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No problem

As star points out, motive is not addressed. Was this an accidental release or something more sinister. If the UN was responsible, they would welcome an investigation rather than deflect or oppose.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How unfortunate for an already devastated people. No way to prove it was deliberate but I would not put it past them. One has to wonder what they want Haiti for if it was deliberate.

top topics

join