It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Israel rabbis: Don't sell property to non-Jews

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Are you serious?

Deadly serious. I stand by all my comments!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
illegal settlers on land they are legally entitled too!.

Legally entitled to by whom?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Look the fact is these laws are needed to protect the innocent Israeli's & allow them to live in peace & make their country the way they want/. After all the Israeli's legally own it!.

Are you even aware that 20% of Isreallis are Muslim?

If so, how does that coincide with your "Isreallis legally own it" and the new law that states only Jews can buy or rent?

As of 2008, Arab citizens of Israel comprise just over 20% of the country's total population.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In response to anyone who supports Zionism:

If you feel this way, it is time to give back the USA to the Mexicans and American Indians as it was THEIR land first.

What say you all? Would it be ok for China to come here and forcefully give Mexico back it's land while starving and killing the Texans currently living there? And if they did, would you fight back? If you fought back, wouldn't you then be considered a "terrorist" like you claim the Pallistinians are?

Get to it then.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Rubbish that argument is flawed!. Right back at you "You get to it then!" Makes no difference what you say! you are entitled to your your opinion but I still see your argument as wrong. Anyway Israeli's declared the land under the UN process so if anything it is the same as the US who declared the independence etc etc.

To one of your other points have you ever heard of "Home grown terrorism" i.e extremist Islamic (Note I said extremist not ALL or moderate so don't pull that on me) citizens who belong to that country committing terrorist acts in their own country? You know like them murderous nutjobs in London on the buses & trains (Spare me the details they were framed!)

All I see here is the Pro Palestinian mob here has nothing they keep trying to derail the thread with other issues Israel need these laws to protect themselves. Keep trying to convince others & yourself its your right but you know they need those laws

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Rosha

No. Its apartheid in action.

No incorrect. You are thinking of South Africa. Nothing you can say will help you to win that one! Israeli's are constantly reacting to atrocities committed against them. The laws are needed to ensure a peaceful existence!

More ignorance

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

But that is not all. In Israel, citizenship and nationality are two different things. Both Jews and non-Jews may have Israeli citizenship, but nationality is based on race. There is a Jewish nationality and an Arab nationality. All citizens must register with their nationality. Then Israel sets legal rights based on nationality rather than just citizenship. Here are some articles that explain more about this situation.
www.muhajabah.com...

---

Did anyone know, that a Palestinian could be killed if he sold his land to a Jew?

www.jewishfederations.org...
edit on 8-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is a great article about how Israel IS an apartheid state.

Dammit I cant get the link to work.

Sigh.
edit on 8-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Rosha

No. Its apartheid in action.

No incorrect. You are thinking of South Africa. Nothing you can say will help you to win that one! Israeli's are constantly reacting to atrocities committed against them. The laws are needed to ensure a peaceful existence!

I believe you need to go and research your facts...very carefully. Ther eis enogh out there on Isareli apartheid for yo to go edcate yourself. I am not wasting my time with a closed mind.

There is no justice in these laws, no peace will come of them. They are racist, yes, but even more, they are or have been purposefully designed to ignite tension, a deliberate ploy so to add to an unearned 'victimhood' and take even more control...and fulfill only a need to be persecuted to fulfil rabinical and talmdic prophecy's.

Rosha

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

More ignorance

Wow ignorance because I don't share your point of view. You must be a person who tolerant & respectful to ones right to an opinion!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I believe you need to go and research your facts...very carefully

I could suggest the same to you! Again as said to previous poster just because I don't agree with you I need to (as you rudely put it) research your facts. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine & my opinion is these laws (Note I am staying on the topic & not diverting!!!!!!!!!!!) to stop home grown & external terrorists from threatening their lifestyle. Long Live Israel! I don't care what the "left Wing" wimps think!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wow ignorance because I don't share your point of view. You must be a person who tolerant & respectful to ones right to an opinion!

No...Ignorant because you're saying Israel isn't an apartheid, when in fact it is... Israel being an apartheid is not a opinion lol. It's a fact.

I don't care what the "left Wing" wimps think!

As we don't care with what you "radical right-wing" wimps think. You say Israel should be a purely Jewish state, we say everyone has the right to live in 'Israel', *including the people that have already been living there prior to the foundation of Israel.

Us 'lefties' believe in something called secularism. Religion and government don't mix well, and we 'forbid' it.

Israel forbidding the sale/renting of land to Arabs proves it's an Apartheid. Obviously....there is discrimination amongst the Palestinian/Arab community in Israel.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

you are mistaken it is not a fact. You are confused with the former South Africa. Israel respond to the daily threat of terrorism from the Palestinians. I call your bluff. Produce some documented evidence from a Government (And not some shonky terrorist country like Iran or any Muslim government because they are biased) or the UN that officially lists lists Israel as a nation that practices Apartheid.

Again because I don't agree with Israel is "an Apartheid" (great grammar by the way) as you put it I am ignorant. It is pretty obvious you are the ignorant one!. Your argument fails!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by BiGGz

Produce some documented evidence from a Government (And not some shonky terrorist country like Iran or any Muslim government because they are biased) or the UN that officially lists lists Israel as a nation that practices Apartheid.

Does the United Nations not count? I mean...they are the 'voice of the world'.... (see previous post for links)

en.wikipedia.org...
A number of groups and individuals said there are similarities between Israel policies and apartheid, including:

* Hendrik Verwoerd, then prime minister of South Africa and the architect of South Africa's apartheid policies.[5][6]
* J.J. Fouche, South African Minister of Defence during the apartheid era.[6]
* Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and other South African anti-apartheid leaders.[118]
* Jimmy Carter, former President of the United States,[119]
* Irish Nobel peace laureate Máiread Maguire.[120]
* Former United States National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski [121]
* The government of South Africa said that Israel's expansion of Gilo is "reminiscent of apartheid"[122]
* Noam Chomsky, American professor of linguistics and political activist.[123][124]
* President of the UN General Assembly Miguel d'Escoto Brockmann [125]
* Israeli journalists Meron Benvenisti and Akiva Eldar[126][127]
* Israel's attorney-general from 1993 to 1996, Michael Ben-Yair [128]
* The Syrian Government[129]
* The Congress of South African Trade Unions[130]
* Pro-Palestinian student groups in the UK, U.S., and Canada[131]
* The Human Sciences Research Council of South Africa [132]
* The Canadian Union of Public Employees[citation needed]
* Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem[133]
* Author Naomi Klein [134]
* Henry Siegman, former national director of the American Jewish Congress.[78]
* Boaz Okon, retired Israeli judge and legal commentator for the daily Yedioth Ahronoth.[135]
* Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erakat.[136]
* Clare Short, minister for international aid in Tony Blair's government.[137]
* Yitzhak Laor, an Israeli poet, author and journalist.[138]
* Geoffrey Wheatcroft, British journalist.[139]
* Uri Davis, an academic and Fatah-member.[140]
* Heribert Adam, professor emeritus of political sociology of Simon Fraser University.[141]
* Kogila Moodley of the University of British Columbia
* John Dugard, a South African professor of international law and an ad hoc Judge on the International Court of Justice, serving as the Special Rapporteur for the United Nations on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories.[142]
* University of Chicago political science professor John Mearsheimer.[143]
* Yakov Malik, the Soviet Ambassador to the United Nations.[144]
* Raja G. Khouri, a member of the Ontario Human Rights Commission and former president of the Canadian Arab Federation.[145]
* Adrian Guelke, Professor of Comparative Politics at Queen's University Belfast and Director of the Centre for the Study of Ethnic Conflict.[146]
* Farid Esack, a writer who is currently William Henry Bloomberg Visiting Professor at Harvard Divinity School.[147] Ronnie Kasrils,[148] Winnie Madikizela-Mandela,[149] Dennis Goldberg,[150] and Arun Ghandhi,[151]
* Shulamit Aloni, former Israeli minister of education.[152]
* Jamal Zahalka, an Israeli-Arab member of the Knesset.[153]
* Amira Hass, Israeli journalist.[154]
* Electronic Intifada, a pro-Palestinian advocacy organization.[citation needed]
* In November 2010 a group of 100 Norwegian artists and cultural figures published a petition accusing Israel of apartheid, and calling for an artistic and cultural boycott of Israel. [155]

Some commentators including Brockmann,[125] Klein[134] and UK MP Gerald Kaufman have suggested sanctions against Israel along the South African model to ultimately improve the situation.[156] Clare Short said of sanctions against Israel that "the boycott worked for South Africa, it is time to do it again".

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org... The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law (Temporary Order) 5763 is an Israeli law first passed on 31 July, 2003 and most recently extended in June 2008.[1] The law makes inhabitants of the West Bank and Gaza Strip ineligible for the automatic granting of Israeli citizenship and residency permits that is usually available through marriage to an Israeli citizen (ie Family reunification).

check-mate?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

These are all individual opinions & recommendations! I meant a Government as a whole not one persons view. You list the Syrian government. lol lol lol lol Terrorism sponsors hardly credible! Massive fail to you again!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by BiGGz

you are mistaken it is not a fact. You are confused with the former South Africa. Israel respond to the daily threat of terrorism from the Palestinians. I call your bluff. Produce some documented evidence from a Government (And not some shonky terrorist country like Iran or any Muslim government because they are biased) or the UN that officially lists lists Israel as a nation that practices Apartheid.

Again because I don't agree with Israel is "an Apartheid" (great grammar by the way) as you put it I am ignorant. It is pretty obvious you are the ignorant one!. Your argument fails!

Apartheid > in Afrikaans means “apartness” or “separateness”

They are in fact practicing Apartheid by it's very definition and by the spirit in which it has been enforced by one group onto another.

edit on 12/8/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Massive fail to you again!

(great grammar by the way)

I don't care what the "left Wing" wimps think!

Answered it already, can you not read?. Start another thread I'll eat you for breakfast!

Not going to continue this conversation if you're going to blatantly attack me.

I can tell you're still a young ling. You have a lot to learn young padwon. May the force be with you.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

That is your opinion, you are entitled to it. My opinion is that I strongly disagree. Using a word translation is baseless to try to substantiate a fact! Long Live Israel! all this baseless Israel bashing (Note I said Israel & not Jew or Semite .. there is difference.) all the negative energy those in this thread push towards Israel i wish back upon on you all.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Attacking you. have a look at your posts & see what you are pushing towards me. I am reacting much in the same way the Israeli's react, that is defensively to the Palestinian threat. You think I'm young ling eh? I take at compliment in that. At my age I don't get called that often. Wait till I show my wife as I did when another ATS poster said the same thing! lol lol lol sincerely thank you for that!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by NoAngel2u

That is your opinion, you are entitled to it. My opinion is that I strongly disagree. Using a word translation is baseless to try to substantiate a fact! Long Live Israel! all this baseless Israel bashing (Note I said Israel & not Jew or Semite .. there is difference.) all the negative energy those in this thread push towards Israel i wish back upon on you all.

It is not my opinion, the definition of and the actions defined by the word are irrefutable and have nothing to do with an opinion. The FACT IS that if Israeli's are going to segregate/separate, by discrimination, the Palestinians, then they in fact fulfill the definition of apartheid.

Your dismissal of this as fact and just my opinion, is as ridiculous as dismissing the fact that a white supremist as racist is just an opinion. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join