It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Thing About Wikileaks and Assange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I know, another wikileaks thread but I'm going to take a different tact here. We've all been following along, watching and reading about the leaks, learning that (shocker) our government spies on it's allies and we learned that (surprise surprise) everyone in the middle east wants the US to attack Iran and we learned that (really?) China is fed up with Kim Jong Il and North Korea.

Still, very little happened, other than leaders cried foul.

Then Assange hinted that, in early 2011, he would release documents regarding the banking crisis that might bring down a very large bank still operating in the US.

Now, he has also released documents and footage prior to the current dump and all that has happened has been rhetoric from the US government about how this is endangering lives and how it is a security threat and blah blah blah.

Then, in an interview, someone asks about ufos and Assange says that he gets stuff all the time but it always seems to be nonsense with no evidence other than self produced stuff. He goes on the say that, in the near future, ufos will be mentioned in his leaks.

Then Amazon shuts him down.
Paypal shuts him down
Nations start blocking wikileaks
The ridiculous charges against him are pressed, an apb is put out and the pressure mounts to the point that he actually turns himself in.

So, I'm wondering, is our government so afraid of what might be in those future releases that they tightened the screws on everyone to ensure that Assange is taken into custody, hopefully removing the risk of disclosure?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting theory,

And anything is possible.

Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

My thinking runs along the lines that he has taken refuge in protective custody...

One has to question why he decied to take refuge in the UK, why the UK gov has tolerated the unfettered media access Assange that allowed those comments to be made, and why the UK gov has not (unlike some other govs) made any attempt to see whether Assange/Wikileaks have broken any UK laws in releasing the information in the first place..

Certainly an interesting set of questions being thrown up, and I really do like your theory
be interesting to see where this all goes next.

Edit to add: just out of speculation, and to marry into my own theory, did the new UK PM not say something about releasing all the data they had on UFOs

edit on 7/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah this whole thing stinks of oppression. I don't believe for a second he raped those women.
I can't wait to see what else he has to release.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think definately, they seem like they were un-prepared for whats come out so far and seem seriously worried about all the cables been released, Then again we are looking at Purely Secret documents here which are pretty low in the risk level if released, however im hoping assange has put together something a little more juicy

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not sure if it's disclosure, but there is something that has them so worried that they were willing to pursue this man to the ends of the earth.

link   
Not sure if it's disclosure, but there is something that has them so worried that they were willing to pursue this man to the ends of the earth.

Sorry for the double post. Mods can you please remove one?
edit on 7-12-2010 by IamAbeliever because: nada

link   
reply to post by Crakeur

it is rather curious. although the sex assault charges are in the context somewhere, it would seem that governments are afraid of some type of truth being substantiated by government documents that Assange has gotten a hold of. Not sure about the ufo inference, but i really hope docs get released. Not sure if he is actually culling over every piece of material. my own personal views are that in the dissemination of all of those documents, somewhere in the .01% of information released, there is a truth worth killing for.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For someone who is deeply involved with a conspiracy board you sure ask a strange question. What the hell do you think, does the U.S. government, or certain elements within, have such a clean record, that you have to ask yourself, or us for that matter, that question? You bet your hairy fanny they have things to hide. No doubt there. I do think however, that in this case they do not know how much information wikileaks has on them, and that makes them nervous and paranoid, to the extend that they do anything to get their hands on Julian Assange. It looks like they are half-way there.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well it's true that the charge they have arrested him on is very minor.
It was discussed here in Australia on ABC )Government) Radio and the MAXIMUM penalty is a fine of $750.
I may add that it is not even considered a crime in Australia or the UK..

Now you have to wonder why interpol even got involved in such a minor crime or even Scotland yard for that matter..Also why would bail be refused for such a crime considering Julian handed himself in??

I find the actions of Paypal and the Visa companies extraordinary, and probably a crime..
What gives them the right to freeze peoples money, especially when no crime has been commited by Wikileaks or the individual account holders?

Is this the start of Big Business taking the law into their own hands??
That is a huge story in itself.!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

you missed my point. I'm asking if it was the fear of disclosure that resulted in the US pushing for Assange's capture. Not if the gov't was afraid of being embarrassed. That's on the resume for being a politician, right below the degree in bsery

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur I never thought of this angle. It really does make me pause and wonder now. (UFO)

I assumed that things getting shut down were due to the supposed BOA cables he was threatening to let loose. I really thought big money was behind this.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Justaposter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why is there a gap in the cables from 1990 to 2003? I think its odd that they don't list these. I am prone to think it was intentional. What major event happen during this time. I reply somewhere else that the US goverment would know by now all the cables he has just by backtracking the current releases.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by 2Faced

you missed my point. I'm asking if it was the fear of disclosure that resulted in the US pushing for Assange's capture. Not if the gov't was afraid of being embarrassed. That's on the resume for being a politician, right below the degree in bsery

Maybe there is something big the Government knows Wiki has and they were surprised by the ,so far, minor cables..
But to me, these minor cables are simply to convince the population that the Government DOES LIE..

Once convinced, the damning information would be more readily accepted by the people..
Is Julian that clever?? I think so.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by 2Faced

Unless they are in total control, it would seem they would have more to fear if they did, seeing that assange treatened that he would disclose his so-called security files. But then again, the U.S. Has so much skeletons in it's closet, it might well be that they don't know what to expect, or what turd comes floating up next.

We live in a critical time (middle east/korea's/financial crisis). Things that may seem trivial to us, may be of diplomatic or strategic importance to "them".
edit on 7-12-2010 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
I really thought big money was behind this.

Once the politicians started ramping up their rhetoric, then you know big money is behind it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good point, there does seem to be a correlation between the two.

Assange is probably more worried about problems on this planet, which is why he focus's on geopolitical matters, rather than intergalactic matter.

Assange is no Ufologist. Maybe he can see the other side someday.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I would say that the timing has much more to do with the fact that the cogs in the government machine turn rather slowly. Public opinion polls must be taken and measured to determine the national opinion and sentiment, and military and IC leaders must get on the POTUS schedule to be able to grouse about it face-to-face.

However...........it certainly seems to me that during the "Wikileaks vs. the U.S. Government" phase, other nations seemed content to sit back and snicker and gossip among themselves.

If serious banking information truly exists.....information that, if released, could have a major impact on international finances....then I am not surprised to see the western PTB circling their wagons, getting with the program, and clamping down on Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It seems to me that WikiLeaks is in the academy of the over-rated. Like the OP says, there's not much new here. It amounts to diplomatic gossip. And Julius, bless his soul, is about as egotistical a person as you can find. WikiLeaks is all about him, and what he is is not all that much. He must be disappointed because aside from some isolated ATS hero worship, most people are not liking him very well. The governments are moaning and groaning, but there's been nothing earth-shattering revealed. Assange suggesting Obama "should resign" is just comical. My barber thinks so, too.

This idea of a "poison pen" file of REALLY bad stuff, as opposed to the "merely bad stuff that really isn't all that bad' he has already released is, I think a lot of hot air. He has shown no restraint so far and I think he has already let out his best stuff. Remember that he has done this before. Even his 'critical places' list is a yawner. Wow! Tin mines in China are vulnerable. The Straits of Malacca are crucial! Any terrorist worth his 72 virgins has a better list than that.

The UFO angle is just more proof the Assange personality cult is going off the deep end. Now even more people will dismiss him as a nutcase. I do believe the governments have said, "Shut this guy down," because they are paranoid secret freaks anyway. This explains the monetary freeze now on him.

So overall I'm thinking he's getting way more media attention than he deserves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

I didn't say it had to do with banking. I said that, when he mentioned his releases about banks and how his information might actually bring down one bank, everyone shrugged it off.

Ufos, on the other hand, seemed to be the catalyst for the current situation Assange has found himself in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join