It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Swiss bank has started refusing to hand over physical gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

It wasn't until lawyers got involved and a threat of public disclosure about the bank that forced them to deliver the gold. Seems like they didn't have the gold and had to scurry around to buy some. The bank is not named. If a lot of gold investers ask for their physical gold we will likely see many of the banks go bankrupt.
edit on 7-12-2010 by gem_man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is because for many years banks have been selling gold that doesn't exist. Businesses put their money into "gold" accounts and such. It's all a farce. If you don't have the physical gold, you just own fiat that is pegged to gold valuation. And that gold valuation is based upon ownership of fiat gold.

That's right, mull that one over, because those are facts.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Fabulous. If there is really a problem with the paper gold, then all I have to do is start a physical gold account and I'll be rich...
I wonder if they are really selling more gold than they actually have??

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So there's no gold in Ft. Knox, and now there is no gold is a Swiss bank...which is very odd since their money is still based on the gold standard. So where the heck is the worlds gold supply then? Has it really never been there in the first place? If it comes to light that there really never was in existence....then we will see the entire worlds economy crumble overnight!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Our money has become an illusion. Soon, they will drop paper dollars to credit line that contain no value against any metals. To that point, they control us because everything is illusion and we still continue functional based on no value. It's something that we failed to wake up. Now, who have all golds? The individuals. Who are the individuals? 1 percent of world population.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Don't forget all the gold bars that turned up, that, well they were gold covered tungsten bars

If you haven't herd that one, well it's quite likely a large proportion of the worlds gold is actually tungston, - Google it, way too many articles to link.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What the banks do once they get the gold is to use it themselves and leverage while you hold paper gold. What gets me is why they still didn't say what bank it was that didn't give the gold to him until threatened. Maybe the person who originally owned it didn't want his name out in public either. The Swiss bank knew that if they made him deserate enough he would out the issue and himself out of spite and revenge so they gave it to him. Also much of the gold is being 10 to the whatever dipped by banks and financial institutions. They are selling and promising more gold than they actually have. I would really love to find out where they got the gold to give him.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let those who have the gold stored up keep it. Then when at a point later in life the crap literally hits the fan, they can feed off it or starve.

I have no use for gold and even less use for it when the crap hits the fan. I have a means of feeding myself. I also do not know any farmers who will accept gold as trade for things when the crap hits the fan because it will not feed their live stock or crops. If need be though one can trade labor for food from a farmer. One can also hunt and fish. Gold cannot feed a family in hard times.

Let the rich horde their gold and starve

Raist

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I understand what you say, but I disagree that gold, and other metals, will not be valued. In a world where no one has anything but the basic needs, yes, gold would be worthless, but there will be those that still have more than others and food may not be the only thing they will value. And I hope not. It would be a shame to live in a world barren of gold or valuables, they are beauty and what am I trying to say....art.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
hello fellow ats members I am still getting familiar with ats but, seriously cocerned I am a musician an artist and an excellent painter/handyman NO WORK ! I just got off the phone with a friend of mine discussing end times and survival probably off topic here maybe not! considering I Do not know about cheap silver coins knowthing!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Is there people on here? I am trying to communicate but evertime I reply or ask a question THERE IT GOES IN a deeeep abyss!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is there a page or somewhere to start here for an intelligent, very respected and talented musician and singer with multiple survival skills due to fighting, or is this just for the ELITES?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OK ATS either remove me as a member or let me have interaction with posters because I am trying and this is b.s.!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

Relax post a reply relevent to the topic.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

that is CRAZY i just drew a portrait of him in josey wales he is my favorite actor dam!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
OK ATS either remove me as a member or let me have interaction with posters because I am trying and this is b.s.!

First off, welcome to ATS! We can see you, but nothing you're saying has anything to do with the topic. Try contributing to the discussion at hand. Above all, take it easy, people will reply if you give them time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Cooli I am drinking and thinking and pissed all at the same time!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

O.K. I thought I Wwas in the abyss! thanks I am seriously concerned for all and rteall thinking and after X-MAS going to take action ! LET me ASK this WHY IS all our peoiple siiting on their asses allowing this to happen!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

There will always be gold. There may only be a limited supply, but there will always be gold.

Yes, gold is a beautiful thing. So is silver and diamonds.

To me though the clouds, a sunset, and the nature around are far more beautiful. I could care less if I ever see any more gold than is on my wedding ring. However, not being able to see the beauty of nature itself would be far more devastating. Others can have valuables, things fall apart and become dirty, finding someone to spend your life with and love is far more valuable.

I am not trying to sound all tree hugging and gooey, though I understand it sure looks that way, I just have never really gotten into the “valuables” thing. What one finds valuable depends on the person.

I do believe there will be a time when food and water or the means of growing food will be the most valuable commodity in the world, well that and steel.

Raist

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Heres an idea go to belowtopsecret,they're more chatty there and more relaxed,build up your 250 posts there and then you can enter the real chat and have at it!

The people are on there behinds because they are mostly divided by political party,reliegon,race,culture etc in short they are just too divided to ever get together and act as one.

On topic,the link is a litttle shady,with no bank to reference too this could be complete conjecture or it could be somebody trying to start a bank run which it may.

On the subject of bank runs,I guess the big 12/7 bank run was a flop? Could it be related to that?

I'd hate to be sitting on 40m in gold,your life wouldnt be worth a plug nickel should the word get out.
edit on 12/7/10 by nickoli because: sp

top topics

<<   2 >>

join