It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, Wikileaks.. put up or SHUT UP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Assange has been detained. Lets see these promised files. If they are nothing as I suspect they are, then I hope you die, without another peep out of you. Let important stories come to the forefront.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is kind of an immature thread to start considering the future of Global Free Speech may be at stake. Do you realize, that if the world successfully quiets wikileaks and convinces the majority of the people that it is treasonous to tell the truth about your government we are headed for truly truly dark times.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d94cc3960b4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I figure they read the files and have damage control ready or there wasn't nothing to worry about. I'm giving it 24 hours now that bail has been denied.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Actually he's been arrested in London. It will be interesting to see what false allegations they will pin on him, to remove him from the public eye.

source: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 7-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I actually got "lucky" finding a german article that had been aired 40 Minutes ago. It says that he has been arrested and now they want to hand him over to the United States. He and his lawyer don't want this as this "might prevent a fair process". He got arrested (of course...) because of rape. I think there are enough english sources on the Internet, but if you want me to translate what the article says, just tell me...

Here's the Source:
de.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They (the court in london) have already shown it's hand when the judge himself said he was interested in seeing the evidence in the alleged charges. This tells me that this is just a stall tactic to hold him until they can come up with something to charge him with. My guess is they are scrambling as we speak trying to figure out which law they can twist to make a charge stick long enough to extradite him to the US.

edit on 12/7/2010 by SpaDe_ because: things

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I kind of feel the same way. They use tons of hyperbole implying the information they'll release will completely change the world, and when their leaks come out I'm quite disappointed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

look at the facts of this whole wikileaks situation... nothing he has done has even dented the most corrupt government in the world, the good old USA, he has made iran and pakistan look like garbage. he has yet to hold anyone accountable for really anything..
i'm not saying kill him for treason, i'm saying get him out of the damn lime light.. he's worse than the lying governments, because we all know they're lying... this guy is acting like he's actually stringing people up, and bringing the truth to light, when he is doing precisely the opposite. this dude is a perfect propaganda machine. how else can you take away cyber rights? create a cyber terrorist... aka assange

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Noone is saying that what they are doing to assange isnt unconstitutional (however, I will add he is not a US citizen, nor is he in the US, so the constitution DOESNT APPLY to him)

What I am saying is we have heard

"in these documents are history altering revelations" - assange
"if I am arrested, WL shut down, or killed, I will release an insurance file" - assange
"Obama admin should be tried for..." - assange, what some of you are missing is this may actually be what he THOUGHT would happen with these documents.

So I am asking they put up, in other words, show us whatcha got (which I am in doubt they have anything of substance, or shut up.. because you are attention whoring and REAL media stories, and REAL free speech advocates exist which are having their legitimate coverage stolen.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I agree. Though it's hard to tell if he's bluffing or not about the files. Let's just hope that there's either a civil uprising for the 1st amendment (doubt it, but I can hope.), or he gets put back on the streets (again, doubt it.)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I fully agree. I think that the governments involved are all trying to save face with their respective people because Assange disclosed info that showed these powers caught with their hands in the cookie jar

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No, he didnt. All he showed was that the world, much like high school, is a damn popularity contest filled with two faced politicians (replacing students)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

If they are nothing as I suspect they are, then I hope you die

My god, what a ridiculous comment to make.

I was hoping to post a comment in this thread about wikileaks and about the possibility of upcoming leaks but your opening post and especially the comment above has deterred me from doing so. It shows a severe lack of maturity, and If anything should die here, it should be this thread after such a poor OP.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
My god what a ridiculous comment to make.

what was so ridiculously immature about that comment.. what's wrong with saying that if he is in fact a fake then i say burn him as a witch... or rather stone him to death.. make sure he pays for being a anti-truth "truth seeker"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Well, with all due respect, If you can't see how calling for a fellow mans death is immature or a ridiculous comment to make then I'm afraid you really should re-consider your definition of such things.

EDIT: We should know not to play god IMO.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Am I the only one that looks at a person's registered date as an indicator of the possibility they are just trolling? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Mods should add anti-flags as well as flagging, so we can show our distaste towards ridiculous threads like these, and give them a "less than 0" flag number - like it deserves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As a member based on my personal free time perhaps you might want to direct your well throughout interaction into a singular post and interaction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep in mind, i have no reservations, but i would greatly enjoy and look forward to an interaction on a topic that does flow along the same path.
edit on 7-12-2010 by tristar because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

I think looking at someones register date is a bit judgmental. Regardless of the register date, do we not embrace the freedom of speech? Regardless if persons agree or not? If we are to judge a persons comments, then we are no better than those within the upper echelons of power. To " deny ignorance " is to submit proof on what ever topic is being discussed, to further support an argument. Anything other than that is an exercising of free speech.
Though we do face ' Trolls " from time to time, thats just part of a website like this, and when we include supporting evidence to debunk these " trolls " the fellow readers will see them for who they are.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

ok well then let's put it into different contexts.

ok so black death breaks out. all who have it of course are highly contagious. people die and suffer by the thousands because it is traveling through the air.. people are collapsing at an feverous rate... should we not vaccinate for the greater good of the world?

i use the same logic.. except this is mental poison.. and people die slowly and the connection between the two is not found. if, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, IF he is a sham then it is mental poison and should be treated as a decease and vaccinated.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join