It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange arrested in London on Swedish warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Assange arrested in London on Swedish warrant

www.cnn.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was arrested Tuesday in London on a Swedish warrant, London's Metropolitan Police said.

Assange was arrested at a London police station at 9:30 a.m. (4:30 a.m. ET) and will appear at the City of Westminster Magistrate's Court later in the day, police said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-12-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

Source
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: Added correct link and title

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This just came in as breaking news on cnn there is no article yet. Does this mean that the password for the 1.4 gb file will be released soon? Looks like things are really going to heat up now. I wonder what is going to happen. I wonder if they will release him, or will he just disappear off the face of the earth?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
was he ready to release some shocking file once detained??..this may get bumpy

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Yes, recently wikileaks put out an insurance file, which has been available for download by anyone. But the file is encrypted with an unbreakable password. Assange said if he was arrested or killed, the password would be released.

He has not given any hints at all on what may be in the file. But if he is risking his life on it, I can only imagine that it is something of signifigance. Especially when the us government is after him like they are. They really want him out of the limelight.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its going to come out that he was working for some sort of intelligence agency the whole time in order to flush out internal dissidents. People who have a mind to sell information and secrets, they would hopefully be encouraged to confide in Assange thus exposing them selfs and allowing various agency to plug of the very "leaks" they are pretending to lose.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

That could be possible. But sooner or later, someone should be on the publics side. I think Assange is the real deal. Besides, they can't find the leak, if you can send content to wikileaks annonymously.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Heads will surely roll once that insurance file is opened. I hope it's today. The world is about to get very, very ugly really fast. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So I wonder what happens now. If anything else will be released like he promised if he were to be arrested.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is really bad.

I hope he gets cleared of those scandalous accusations (if he is indeed innocent mind).

Will he give up the insurance password? I wonder what it could contain.

OOOO so dramatic

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
4chan is literally minutes away from exploding. The info just hit there and beginning to be spammed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I found it interesting the way Sky pushed the little titbit that it may be thrown out as one of the victims runs a blog with tips on how to get men arrested for these types of charges..

It kinda felt like they where laying the ground work and the expectation that there is no charge to answer for..

They also brought questions on how the Americans might respond by stating the neither the UK or Sweden can extradite someone if the charges include (or feared to include) the death penalty..

Seems some are finding every way to wash their hands of taking any real action... and it smells to me like they are simply going through the motions.

So I will be following this intently to see if my suspicions are correct

edit on 7/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I doubt he will release how to get into that file any time soon. Because as soon as that is released. He has nothing behind him, they can do as they please with him.

I think it'd take a bit more then him getting arrested for the contents to be available.
Unless he has something else up his sleeve.

Cheers
Brady

link   
I heard on SBS Late News not long ago, that Assange walked into the London police station with this lawyer voluntarily.
The reason I bring this up, is I wonder if it makes a difference if Julian surrenders himself or if he had've been arrested against his will as to whether the insurance file key will be released?
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edit to add: it just said on the news that Julian is going to go in front of a magistrate in 1 hours time.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If he is taken to Sweden I'll be on the first plane there to protest any possible extradition to the US, cause that would 100% easier from Sweden than the UK.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
How can we let this happen? A good man getting arrested on bogus charges??? we need to organize a world wide protest.....i would but i wouldn't know where to start. but we can't let julian go down without a fight. and I hope they release the good stuff that was said to be released if he was arrested.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
(from another thread)

My prediction, he will be in a US run Guantanamo type facility by Friday, and the world can go back to it's credit card stupor safely.

Swedes always liked to play all sides of the fence, in order to chicken out of trouble, and the UK is a US-run proxy state.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It would appear that THIS THREAD was actually first. Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join