It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with "hippies"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
well all the hippies i know build nice log cabins and hunt and grow their own food.
you just dont know any real hippies.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

ill ask you too...just what in the hell are you babbling about now? thanks.

I'll ask it again, so it's clear:

is Sarah Palin your idea of a Tea Party member or is she just using it as a vehicle? Manson and his bloodlust and desire for a 'Race War' *hawk/spit* make just about as much sense.

There's a similarity here.

Manson to hippies
Palin to the Tea Party

Get it? Quite simple, really.

edit on 8/12/10 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

hmmm...anti-war. that's all well and good. "anti war" for the 60s hippie, though, meant running away from your american birthright in a middle of the night, panicked draft dodge, right? moving off to canada or france, say...where the hippie could be sure to wear some flowers in his hair to go with the bright yellow streak that runs right down his hairy back.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

sarah palin? tea party? looking to do some deflection to a person/subject not material or in any way relevant to the topic at hand?

sorry, charlie. not here. not now. were talking about the morally bankrupt hippie of the 60s. don't try to distract to another topic.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2sarah palin? tea party? looking to do some deflection to a person/subject not material or in any way relevant to the topic at hand?

sorry, charlie. not here. not now. were talking about the morally bankrupt hippie of the 60s. don't try to distract to another topic.

Oh, but I say it IS relevant. You are suggesting that Manson identified with the counter-culture and I say he didn't. Race War and murder were NOT the kind of things we stand for, then or now.

He, like Palin, tried to seem like a hippie, so that he could entice people into his depraved cult. All that guitar strumming, commune lifestyle and long hair doesn't mean a thing to me. He was a poser just like Palin is today.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by masqua

hmmm...anti-war. that's all well and good. "anti war" for the 60s hippie, though, meant running away from your american birthright in a middle of the night, panicked draft dodge, right? moving off to canada or france, say...where the hippie could be sure to wear some flowers in his hair to go with the bright yellow streak that runs right down his hairy back.

For one thing, I AM a Canadian and, secondly, I also served in the Canadian military. Yeah... strange for a hippie, eh? Short hair, a uniform and then anti-war. Made sense then and still does, even though war makes no sense at all, just a waste of people. Like my dad said, if you don't know how to protect your family, you, and them, are perhaps going to suffer for it. I had it a bit easier than him, though.

Wanna try to paint that yellow streak down my back?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Oh, but I say it IS relevant. You are suggesting that Manson identified with the counter-culture and I say he didn't. Race War and murder were NOT the kind of things we stand for, then or now.

The whole Manson story has the earmarking of a government false flag operation. Lots of racists spewing crap around to make media examples in those days, Why did they spotlight a rebel archetype in a manner that you feel killed the hippie movement? Looking at the evidence the Manson clan appeared to be equipped as more of a paramilitary group.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Looking at the evidence the Manson clan appeared to be equipped as more of a paramilitary group.

Maybe that explains the swastika he carved into his forehead.
He certainly wasn't sane and those characters he ran with were just as crazy.

Stay in jail, Charlie Manson. It's where you belong, writing helter skelter on the prison walls with brown 'paint'.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with hippies
if it was the1960's

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by masqua

hmmm...anti-war. that's all well and good. "anti war" for the 60s hippie, though, meant running away from your american birthright in a middle of the night, panicked draft dodge, right?

You would have been amazed at the number of hippies in the USAF when I served. Your broad generalizations and blatant trolling needs to be addressed. Perhap a reading of this might get your mind right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

.....to go with the bright yellow streak that runs right down his hairy back.

Or her hairy back.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

reply to post by masqua

For one thing, I AM a Canadian and, secondly, I also served in the Canadian military. Yeah... strange for a hippie, eh? Short hair, a uniform and then anti-war. Made sense then and still does, even though war makes no sense at all, just a waste of people. Like my dad said, if you don't know how to protect your family, you, and them, are perhaps going to suffer for it. I had it a bit easier than him, though.

Friend, I would refer you to my former signature line:
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

Certain folks didn't understand then, some don't understand now. Once those same old tired cliches come out, that's a sure sign that you're talking to somebody who just doesn't get it. Fine, they lead their pathological little lives and once it's too late, try to figure out where it all went wrong.

And there is a pathology behind conservatism, based upon the fear of the unknown.

Stay cool, and don't feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by riktus
Geez, where to start........

They have dirty hair and feet, smell like 5 day old cabbage that's been left out in the sun (and that's the "women"), have 5 kids each who they let run rampant whilst they zombie out on their pot induced buzz which was paid for by my taxes through welfare because they don't believe in working for "the man".

They follow me around the shopping centre trying to sell me hemp bracelets and tye dyed shirts and tell me we should all be living like those giants blue smurfs from that Avatar movie and that mother nature will provide everything we need if we "just return to her bossom".

If that's the case then why do i see you all down at the local government office every fortnight handing in your papers to get MY tax money that could be better spent on our struggling hospital and education systems.

The only contribution they make towards the local community is as a food source for the mosquito population that blows in from the mangroves every night.

CUT YOUR GOD DAMN TOE NAILS AND GET A JOB!

edit on 073131p://222 by riktus because: just because.....

Sounds like you described a lot of people that are not just hippies. just bums in general.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by casijones
Most of the hippies I know are a joke. I said this in another post.. Most 'hippies' my age, are all burnt out druggies. They wear the tyedye, they listen to the dead, they go to festivals... and that's about it. They don't stand for anything. They don't care about what's going on in the world. Pretty much, those kinds of "hippies" are giving the real ones a bad name.

I beg your pardon? Burned out druggies? Some of us are highly educated, and are still activists in our own right and way. We are not a joke by any means, even though most us us are dead, and not so much from drugs either, we had a very unpopular war going on then that did that for us. Some of us were just shot dead by National Guards. So what if we like tie dye? In case you haven't noticed, friend, tie dye and Peace Symbols are back in style...just the other day I saw a teenage girl with a rag style purse with Peace symbols all over a tie dyed background print. And who are the "real ones" you speak of? You hiding Abbie Hoffman over there?

First of all, I said "THE ONES THAT I KNOW." Which is refering to a specific group of about 15-20 people in my area that consider themselves hippies. I implied that THEY were the jokes. I never implied ALL HIPPIES, ALL OVER THE WHOLE WORLD.
I wasn't in anyway knocking tie dye. I wear it myself. I also own hemp jewlery and things bearing the peace sign (gasp!)
The 'real ones' I speak of, are the ones that don't do it to be cool, or because "tie dye and Peace Symbols are back in style..."

Maybe you should actually have read my post before you instantly go into attack mode for nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

WOW! You really got me there

I'm sorry to say but you intellectual capacity impedes you from seeing the words for what they are

Yeah, I can say the same about you.
Apparently your "intellectual capacity" impedes you from realizing that I wasn't being prejudice against anyone. I was talking about people I know personally that do it because it's cool, and not because they want to stand up for anything.

I love when people take innocent posts and completely twist them around to make them look like insults so they have something to talk crap about.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

My bad. I mistakenly gave you credit for intelligence. Carry on.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by masqua

The Hippie and the Libertarian are both Pacifists.
Neither one wants to fight someone else's war, but I
would not equate that with cowardice.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you again!
I can't stand these scum hippies. Oh love and peace and noiceness all over the world blocks!

Wow...you used to be my very very very very very very very favorite member on this site...until i seen your comment.

And now it appears you've gotten yourself banned.

Hippies UNITE!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well lets see now, what I have learned from reading this thread so far....... Ignorant closed minded people that are full of distrust and hatred like to refer to those that aren't of the same ilk as they are as hippies..... I think it is sad that many of the Marines that I served with came back home and were looked down because they were able to come home and they blame the hippies when it was the same people that always send young men off to die in foreign countries that screwed them then, now and forever.... It is also sad that many that came home in an aluminum box died knowing that what were then called hippies were the ones that were on their side and standing up to the real enemy...... If you weren't there you wouldn't understand..... Not all of those that wore the uniforms of either side, anti war or combatant were always what they appeared or professed to be by the end of the sixties.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

reply to post by masqua

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join