It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with "hippies"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dope addict and junkie extrordinaire, Timothy Leary on his philosophy of illegal substances:

"Drugs Are the Religion of the People — The Only Hope is Dope"

Yes, the guru of illegal drug use and the grandfather of the current "war on drugs" was a man to be very much admired. He probably only ruined three generations of innocent americans.

Any person that ever overdosed on drugs and died, or got doped up and killed somebody else or themselves, or contracted HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis A/B/C, or any child who was ever neglected, abused or abandoned by an addicted parent can thank the 60s hippie generation.

edit on 10-12-2010 by MMPI2 because: .

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
King hippie, then and now:

He and his "family" left a real legacy for all of the still toking elderly hippies.

Charles Manson was not a hippie. He exploited naive wannabe's. That is so damned obvious that I can only conclude that you are purposely trolling, because you sure don't sound stupid.

Which brings it back full circle...what's your agenda?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

To add on...:

One does not have to "get high" on drugs...

Not at all. Apparently, some hippies get high by sticking colanders on their heads.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51d63e5f07f4.jpg[/atsimg]

"What a hippie may look like"

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

nice canned opinion, where did you get that from, Bill O'Reilly's latest book? more likely they could think the united states government for importing coc aine and heroin into the united states from south america in a little place called mena, arkansas. maybe you've heard of it? or the little known governor of the place at the time who happened to be bill clinton. saying hippies are responsible for drug epidemics that started in the 80s in mostly poor minority neighborhoods is a little beyond ignorant in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

who hasnt heard of mena?

the clinton crime family are a perfect example of the hippie conmen that are currently in power. they worshiped at the feet of saul alinsky when they were in college and grad school, spat on the flag during protests, and then went on to adopt a vernier of respectability while they were engaging in organized crime activities from the governor's mansion.

you made my point about the inherent corruption of the hippie with great emphasis.

god alone knows how many innocents these people have ruined and killed.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

you made my point about the inherent corruption of the hippie with great emphasis.

Once again...what about the inherent corruption of those who went to war with the hippies? Those whom the movement targeted? The Nixons, Agnews, Hoovers?

Those who Eisenhower warned about, who pulled off the Gulf of Tonkin 'incident' and turned an 'action' into a war?

They'd be the good guys in your little world, right?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Once again...what about the inherent corruption of those who went to war with the hippies? Those whom the movement targeted? The Nixons, Agnews, Hoovers?

Those who Eisenhower warned about, who pulled off the Gulf of Tonkin 'incident' and turned an 'action' into a war?

who here on this thread said those guys weren't corrupt?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

who here on this thread said those guys weren't corrupt?

It was them and their ilk...their neo-con spawn, that generated much of the right-wing rhetoric you've been citing in this thread.

Like I said...for you to refer to Manson as a hippie just confirms that you have no idea. Tell me, are you old enough to remember or is this book-learnin'?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Caught myself trolling. I think there is enough of that going on in this thread. sorry

edit on 11-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

yeah, perhaps. but who on this thread said that nixon, hoover, et al., weren't corrupt?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

yeah, perhaps. but who on this thread said that nixon, hoover, et al., weren't corrupt?

They were the antithesis to the hippie, and the power structure of the day. So your premise is that there was nobody any good?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

no. both groups were extremely corrupt in their own special way. there is more than one type of corruption.

nixon, mcnamera, etc. were clearly criminally corrupt, whereas your hippy was and is morally, ethically, ideologically and criminally corrupt.

another difference is that nixon, mcnamara, etc. were subjected to a legal scrutiny and protocol that largely eliminated their influence within the halls of power. the doctrine of due process was put into play, and it worked in pushing them out in an orderly fashion.

hippies were never subjected to such a protocol that eliminated their pathological influence. look at bill ayers, for example. he was complicit in building explosive devices and putting them into police stations. he never served a day in jail for this. he is a free man...out there at the university of chicago, writing textbooks designed to indoctrinate and destroy yet another generation of american youth.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

nixon, mcnamera, etc. were clearly criminally corrupt, whereas your hippy was and is morally, ethically, ideologically and criminally corrupt.
look at bill ayers, for example. he was complicit in building explosive devices and putting them into police stations. he never served a day in jail for this. he is a free man...out there at the university of chicago, writing textbooks designed to indoctrinate and destroy yet another generation of american youth.

Naw...faulty premise. Ayres is a straw man, as is Manson. The same folks are running the show...they, like your man Horowitz...morphed into neocons. I'd say (in general) that the true hippie cohort evolved into the Liberal movement we see today. Whether or not that is bad is entirely subjective.

Coming from a centre-left country myself...the Great Pink North...I'd say that's not too bad. I'm still interested in your age so that I can try to understand your viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Hippies couldn't blow up police stations, or they wouldn't be hippies. It's impossible. You can change perceptions, but reality won't budge". ~ Lazarus Long

After spending quite a while reading this thread from the beginning, I've found that most in this thread have no idea of the topic except "hippie" as a euphemistic slogan and buzzword. Horowitz, Ayres and Manson were not hippies. Calling them Hippies, is merely more of the shallow buzzword use of the name and culture. Perhaps a confusion with "the new left" of the time, in some cases ( to give the benefit of the doubt ).

San Francisco, Friday October 6th. The diggers organize a "Death of Hippie" ceremony to put to rest the semi-imaginary construct responsible for the discontent eventually formed by the "Summer Of Love". A coffin filled with beads, flowers... hippie regalia, is carried in procession through the Haight. Then the Coffin is burned in the panhandle.... The Death of Hippie Parade.

Oddly Enough, it was exactly a year after the "Love Pageant Rally". If you don't know the culture here or the heritage... the hippie/hipster/beatnik etc... If you have no idea what the "diggers" were or the SAN FRANCISCO culture that died in September 1967, then learn this subject ( hopefully without a Google education or Wikipedia ). Try to imagine that what you can read in most of these posts on THIS THREAD is an example of WHY hippie died in September 67.

The answer to the thread and OP....

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

...Why all the hate on "hippies"?

For the same reason people hate anything or anyone.

Don't sweat it though! lol

The hate is inside the hater and NOT the hated.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join