It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Castrate Sex Offenders?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Would you castrate sex offenders if you could? I don't mean this figuratively, I'm talking all the way. If yes, how would you justify this move (pun intended).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

Look i would not do it myself, it should be done surgically by professionals. But i have always thought it is a good idea. I am not saying all sex offenders, but the serial rapists definately. Some might be rehabilitated, but the serious cases, and repeat offenders, i think definately.

A life being destroyed by a rapist, or indeed a death penalty (via aids) that is given to an innocent person is justification enough for this drastic measure.

Serial rapists, and rapists in general. Off with their heads.

VvV

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
so,,,you do something frowned upon by society is grounds for mutilation? I am in no way advocating illegal sexual acts, because i'll agree, you have to be pretty messed up to want to do something like that, but mutilation?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Perhaps the use of medication rather than physical castration. However, I am not an expert, so I cannot comment with any authority. Certainly, something must be done in order to alter their behaviour.
Or, we could tatoo "SEX OFFENDER" on their foreheads. (Joke, I would not advocate that).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there.... but, even if you remove the sex organs the crimes are still going to be committed. Look at lesbian rape, they don't have male genitalia so they just make do with whatever will... get the job done. So I don't think the whole chemical castration thing is really gonna work in the long run.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

No. This is a stupid idea. You are aware that not all sex offenders actually use their sexual organs to do the molesting right? It doesn't take a penis to molest someone so cutting it off is a pointless act of retribution.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As a society we have become too tolerant of child molesters and rapist. I consider myself to be fairly liberal but for these folks i have no compassion.Castrate em ? na just kill them! if we made this a capitol offense lot of these so called "mentally ill cant help it" pedophiles and rapist would think twice before acting on these "urges" just my opinion

edit on 7-12-2010 by buddybaney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

No.

Why?

Because there are people who are labeled as sex offenders that do not deserve that label. It is a catch-all, be-all way to criminalize the behavior of others.

We've had this debate before on ATS. There is no point in resurrecting it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I agree.

Seems like the OP would support stoning people to death or cutting off their limbs like they do in certain Middle Eastern countries.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

This sums it up exactly.

Good Idea in theory...not practice.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
No.

Imprisonment for the rest of their natural life with none of the luxuries currently granted such criminals.
The odd session on the chain gang wouldn't go amiss too.

CX

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If they were male, touched my kids and i caught them before the police did....probably.

However not all sex offenders are male, and just because they have no bits it doesn't mean they can't molest.

CX.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What if you castrate a rapist and they become so frustrated they can only get off by killing?

If it became a practice I'm there would be plenty with seconds thoughts on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

But if they are locked away they can't rape or kill.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

if you really want to punish sex offenders. its rather simple and wouldnt take much change. heres the key:

put them in general population when they reach prison.

the things they are going to endure will be worse then amputation.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"Convicted sex offenders who have been castrated are rare; a lack of testosterone and the consequent diminishing of their own libido does result in negligible recidivism.[40]"
source en.wikipedia.org...

I think it is strange that some violnt offenders who cannot control themselves because their hormones are unbalanced beg to be castrated as this does make a man calm and peacable. Yet we refuse to give them their wishes even if they ask.
I guess you christias out there forget that if a hand offends cut it off so on...

Just think a castrated man doesn't lose his hair doesn't go bald ..so theres another possitive!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yep males who are accused of false rape should be castrated. I do agree and i am sure plenty of females would be loving the fact they could destroy a life for just making up stuff. Yep go ahead.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Depends on if they are heinous recurrent, mass or serial offender.

Depends on if it would stop them.

The one-time offender is not in need of this type of management.

The heinous recurrent offender is unlikely to be stopped by this type of management.

If the heinous recurrent offender could be managed with castration, then I might consider it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Urinating on the side of the road is a reason to get casterated by a government? I just don' t agree. What pun?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As much as I would love to say yes to this my heart tells me no way. I'm thinking that this form of puishment will only turn sex offenders into murderers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join