It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we believe in God without the label?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hey guys! John or Juan here! I believe in God. I just hate all the labels. What can I do to prove I believe in God? I just believe in God. Not really much in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

Uh what?
Are you saying you believe in a God, just not the way the Bible or any other religious text presents it?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Believe in God but don't believe in religion or the labels?
That's fine, don't label yourself then. Explain your beliefs if you have to, but you don't have to belong to a church, religion, or group.

What can you do to prove you believe in God?
Follow the Golden Rule, "Treat others as you want them to treat you."
Do not hurt yourself or your fellow humans with actions, words, or thoughts.
Do not harm nature or animals without just cause.
Be appreciative and thankful for all things in your life and in existence.
Pray and meditate.

May Peace be upon you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Blue_Mage,

For one, what is the name of your God? Some of the American Indians believed God was the "Great Spirit" and that is what our Bible says God is. What is it about labels? I'm not ashamed of my God, Yahweh and I'm glad to wear the label "Christian". My God is Spirit also and He tells me He must be worshipped in Spirit and in Truth.

You need to tell us a little more and we can give you more on things you may be concerned about.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Well I came out with the label God wanted me to have. Jewish! I'm glad to be a Jew and believe the truth in life.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Blue_Mage,

OK on being Jewish and so now I wonder if you are a Messianic Jew and what do you determine to be the foundation of Truth. Truth has to have a foundation as we can't make it up. A lot do that all the time and proclaim it is the truth. Yahweh my God proclaims "my Word is Truth" and for me I know that it is because His name is also Wisdom and we can grow from Him by His Word.

You are concerned about a label and I don't understand that as we are labled by the stand we take in life. Don't be afraid of taking a label of what you are and believe and advocate.

Truthiron.

new topics

top topics

join