It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is How You Properly Stop Cops From Unlawfully Arresting You. Group of protesters unite, prevent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A group of protesters united and made a human shield to defend one of their members from being unlawfully arrested.

Here is the video,

Maybe if more of us where like this it would prevent cops from abusing their power and unlawfully arresting and detaining individuals who are against the system.

Your thoughts???
edit on 6-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/6/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can't help thinking that if he was in the US he would have been on the ground and tazerd in a second (I'm open to being told I'm wrong of course)

Honestly he's lucky that the Police man was such a short arse and couldn't reach his hands to cuff him at first
thats why we used to have minimum height laws for the police force
edit on 6-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Exactly what I was thinking, here in US the tear gas would've been flying and SWAT teams rolling in around the 3 minute mark. I would love to think that we could keep protesters from being unlawfully arrested here, but the sad reality is that the police use tactics way too aggressive for a small group of people to overcome.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

That's just freaking awesome!
Now imagine that on an exponential worldwide scale. Things might take a turn for the better.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
MET (London) police officers aren't exactly known for their gentleness, I think the one in the video just found himself confused and out of his depth, he looks about 19.
Give him a few years arresting drunks in Soho and I'm sure he will become as aggressive as the rest of them

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

If he were lucky he'd only get the tazer, a drunk off duty cop a few cities over from me shot a man 12 times in an argument not too long ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Steam

Now imagine that on an exponential worldwide scale. Things might take a turn for the better.

Exactly, now we're talking!!

TPTB want you to believe that you are weak and powerless. They might have all the guns, missiles, tanks, fighter jets in the world but they are forgetting one thing.

Our strength isn't in brute force but in overwhelmingly vast numbers.

6.8 billion people around the world need to UNITE and STAND up for each other in an act of MASSIVE CIVIL DISOBEDIENC!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
Exactly what I was thinking, here in US the tear gas would've been flying and SWAT teams rolling in around the 3 minute mark. I would love to think that we could keep protesters from being unlawfully arrested here, but the sad reality is that the police use tactics way too aggressive for a small group of people to overcome.

Thats what I was thinking! Its unfortunate what has become of our beloved country.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Steam

Exactly, now we're talking!!

TPTB want you to believe that you are weak and powerless. They might have all the guns, missiles, tanks, fighter jets in the world but they are forgetting one thing.

Our strength isn't in brute force but in overwhelmingly vast numbers.

6.8 billion people around the world need to UNITE and STAND up for each other in an act of MASSIVE CIVIL DISOBEDIENC!!!!

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth," says the Bible. That doesn't mean what most people think it does. The word translated as "meek" is the Greek word praus, which in ancient times didn't mean "weak-willed, passive, mild." Rather, it referred to great power that was under rigorous control. For example, soldiers' warhorses were considered praus. They heeded the commands of their riders, but were fierce warriors that fought with tireless fervor. In this spirit, Scorpio, I'm predicting you're about to get very "meek": offering your tremendous force of will and intelligence in disciplined service to a noble cause.
www.freewillastrology.com...

edit on 12/6/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Looks to me like a group of men wanted to Test this Tactic while filming it.

The Police were easily outnumbered and encircled immediately, which in my country would have them using their training and Tazers instantly. Perhaps Bobbies don't carry Tazers yet?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I disagree

I still believe that even if the cops did have a taser they still wouldn't have been able to do anything

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steam
reply to post by Tayesin

I disagree

I still believe that even if the cops did have a taser they still wouldn't have been able to do anything

Taser goes back on the belt, and out comes the pistol. This is a tactic that will never, repeat never, result in success in the US. The instant a crowd began to converge on the officers location, he'd have drawn his weapon and called everyone including the Air Force. Within minutes, the scene is simply dozens of citizens lying face down with their wrists bound with zip-ties behind their backs. End of story.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Looks to me like a group of men wanted to Test this Tactic while filming it.

The Police were easily outnumbered and encircled immediately, which in my country would have them using their training and Tazers instantly. Perhaps Bobbies don't carry Tazers yet?

Some of them have tazers and all of them have CS spray.
They tend to need a pretty good reason to use it though, like actually being attacked
edit on 7-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think they are lucky that the policemen were not more physical.

They had them grabbed at one point.
Here in the US, he probably wouldve been thrown to the ground or dragged away from the mob.

Why were these police so docile? It doesn't seem normal.

But, great video showcasing power of the people.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In the US, though we have the right to protest, as stated under the First Amendment Right: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Had this altercation occurred in the US, the law enforcement some how, can deem a protest, unlawful...which then SWAT comes in, shooting tear gas, and makes illegal arrests.
And they say god blessed America? I beg to differ~ Can anyone say " police state'?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Small correction, its not the Tea Partiers who are trying to suppress the First Amendment, they have been advocating the First. Might want to get your facts corrected.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Perhaps Bobbies don't carry Tazers yet?

No they don't, well they do, but not on that sort of duty - those coppers would of had one of those extendible batons and pepper spray, and standing orders to defuse any situation as best they see fit... Usually that guy would have been arrested after maybe a short scuffle involving the coppers and those security guys you can see - the whole drama would have been called in by someone, in a mall probably the CCTV guys who are in constant contact with the police control room - in fact all the shops, security, police etc have all of their loops monitored constantly - and the CCTV can be watched by any number of different security offices / police control rooms.

The nearest tazer would probably be on an officer in a police car cruising near by... Also there would be a paddy wagon or 3 five minutes away and firearm officers hovering in black helicopters white knuckled gripping the ropes ready to launch earthwards....... Or maybe not, but you can be armed officers are cruising around in either marked up cars or something nice and quick but not immediately recognisable as a cop car.

Maybe the bigger malls have a more permanent police presence in the form of a secure area where tazers are stored. - But I have a feeling that the closest you would get to either a fire arm or a tazer in a place like that would either be a plain clothes guy who would probably go unnoticed and would not get involved in that sort of thing, or a car would have to turn up and the drama music would have to come on - the brit police would always try to keep the drama levels down in that sort of thing, hyping it up is playing into the terrorist's hands - Edit: this guy had a bomb right? I forgot what I was typing about now, how many got blowed up?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The guy in the video ( tall guy with beard ) is called Charlie Veitch.
If you look at his youtube page you will see lots of this. Hes got videos of anti terror searches (section 44) which he outright refuses.

The guy knows his stuff...thats the problem...you have to know the law...it should be a subject at school, but if we all knew the law...none of us would be getting fined and put in jail and thats not economical.

Im a HUGE fan of charlie's work. An ex banker turned good guy. If you have the time check out his channel. Cveitch.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I will make sure to check out his videos

top topics

join