It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many piercings is enough ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I have nothing against piercings. I only commented on the motive behind them.
As I said, I responded to the first two pictures, and went downhill from there.
Posting here was only a bit of fun really, maybe it's a delicate subject for the pierced ones.
See what I mean, I have a sense of humour, it's no big deal.
I'm sort of teasing, but making a point at the same time. If that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by C130Fixr
reply to post by midicon

I would have to agree, as a kid i was dumb and did my ears, but regret that decision now. One is definately to many, especially for men.

personal opinion, not fact.

To the other guy, how am I hating on anyone? you are spouting that people who pierce are stupid, immature, attention seekers, etc...as if your personal opinion is the end all be all and you have some kind of proof to say that these ideas are indeed fact...That is an extremely discriminate opinion you have there and I will repeat that you have nothing to back up those claims and your opinion is merely hateful in nature.

you have the right to not like piercings. you have the right as an indivisual to decide you dont want any. but dont hate on others for having them and try to make gross generalizations about the population of people who choose to do it.

It wasnt me who added you as a foe..I didn't even know that was an option. I've not really been posting on ATS regularly for very long.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by dalan.

I have nothing against piercings. I only commented on the motive behind them.
As I said, I responded to the first two pictures, and went downhill from there.
Posting here was only a bit of fun really, maybe it's a delicate subject for the pierced ones.
See what I mean, I have a sense of humour, it's no big deal.
I'm sort of teasing, but making a point at the same time. If that makes sense.

we got angry at your comments because you were saying things which are just blatantly not true.

you did more than comment on the motive behind them. you suggested people who pierce are unintelligent, immature, and even mentioned mental health issues among other things.

What kind of reaction to that were you expecting, really?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

There is a relatively high percentage of people with piercings in relation to mental illness.
Particularly with regard to depression, suicidal tendencies etc…
The highest percentage being between the eighteen to twenty four age group.
And you know, sometimes, when seeking attention, even negative attention can be good.
And I’m not saying that you are any of the above, nor am I implying it.

Also it wasn't you that 'foe'd' me perhaps you have an admirer!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I have one in each earlobe and my two best friends had to go with me and each hold my hand when I had it done by a doctor.

That person in the picture had to have gone through agony.

My belly button and other places are very very sensitive and I could not imagine getting anything else pierced or tatooed on me.

No thank you, I like my skin just like it is.

But to each his own and it's nice that everyone can choose.

Be thankful I am not a CIA or FBI, If threatened with piercing like that guy, I would spill my guts instantly.

I am real aversive and sensitive to pain.
edit on 7-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by Xavialune

There is a relatively high percentage of people with piercings in relation to mental illness.
Particularly with regard to depression, suicidal tendencies etc…
The highest percentage being between the eighteen to twenty four age group.
And you know, sometimes, when seeking attention, even negative attention can be good.
And I’m not saying that you are any of the above, nor am I implying it.

Also it wasn't you that 'foe'd' me perhaps you have an admirer!

where is your proof of this mental illness statistic? I want sources. The burden of proof is on you.

Even if that were true, that does not mean getting piercings indicates mental illness. Thats like saying oh well a lot of people who have mental illness also wear bracelets. That means wearing bracelets must indicate mental illness!

Bullcrap.

you are implying I am what you have suggested pierced people are. I will state again, you mentioned mental illness, immaturity, lack of intelligence, etc. you're saying people who pierce are this way. I am pierced, therefore you are suggesting I, too, am this way.

you are wrong. Plain and simple.

[edit] I think your reasoning stems from the mainstream idea that young kids pierce themselves as rebellion of authority and a lot of these kids have behaviouraly problems, etc. While I agree that there are a lot of kids who do this, that does NOT mean that all people who pierce are that way or even similar to that...that is the assumption you are making here. you are sughgesting that because a lot of kids do this, all or the grand majority of pierced individuals are the same. Complete bull.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join