It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Considering that your "professor" is speaking openly in public to a class which undoubtedly has some people recording the lecture, it is not his privacy in which you are protecting, rather protecting him/her from anyone with contradicting beliefs. Conspiracy theories are scoffed at because those that do not want the "truth" to be discovered will try their hardest to discredit sites like this and anyone in the power structures that may give some merit to these things will get the same sort of response that your class gave, laughter. Yes, many theories are a little out there, but just as you would do as a miner, you have to discard many stones before finding the gems. His ridicule can be taken as jealousy for ATS, because he wishes his class would pay as much attention to him as the people here do to these threads. Those law students should spend some time here, they would learn to think openly and probably solve more cases. Instead they are sheep lead by sheep, blind leading the blind.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

Since the internet is a public place, you don't mind if I give out your personal information then, do you?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

In short, he's attempting to associate this troubled youth's demise with ATS, as if ATS were the cause of his troubles. Guilt-by-association, if you will. He's insinuated that "conspiracy theories" are the cause of this man's suicide and murder spree.

No, point out exactly where in the OP did he say that.

The OP just said that the professor gave an explanation of the ATS site and never mentioned that this is what caused his problem.

Point is, if people who study conspiracies are murderous suicidal maniacs, then A) This man is admitting that he himself is a murderous suicidal maniac, and B) All ATS members are murderous suicidal maniacs.

Again can you point this out in the OP.

Since we know that both A) & B) are FALSE, then we can conclude that this "high level officer" is a completely irresponsible idiot who shouldn't be lecturing at the University level (unless he was being used as an example of logical fallacies in a philosophy class).

Who are YOU in order to determine the eligibility of a professor at a big ten University???

Do you think that if this professor was such an idiot like you mentioned then why would he have ever been awarded his doctorate in the first place???

Getting a PhD is hard enough but being a professor at a big ten Uni is extremely competitive and requires high intelligence.

If these are the types of idiots investigating crimes and protecting society, no wonder there is so much crime in this country.

This just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you actually read the OP carefully you would know that he is not an "officer" but a "professor" at a University.

Thus he doesn't actually "investigate" crimes, he only teaches about them.

Keep studying, you need it.

Way to go man, insulting him makes you more credible alright.

Do you think he doesn't know more about his own professor than you (you haven't even seen the guy)???

Maybe you should go get some higher education instead of judging academics and intellects by calling them "idiots" and that they don't deserve to be teaching.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sure! I love company, especially the kind that is intelligent and could offer a good debate. You and your professor obviously do not honor a dead man's privacy and openly (and jokingly) discuss his personal interests on the internet because you feel he is a whacko and not on the same playing field. Like you stated before, it is his REPUTATION to wish not to hurt, and why would his reputation be hurt? Let me answer that for you, it is because he is a professor and a public official and is not the way someone of his status should be acting. Sounds like some of the stuff coming out of Wikileaks lately huh?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You are kidding, right??

First of all it is against many Universities policies to record or video tape a lecture.

Secondly, I doubt that any of these successful individuals would be "jealous" of a site like ATS. He is a professor, so he already has hundreds of students listening to his lectures and paying attention in class in order to pass.

There are way too many bogus and ridiculous threads on this site to even be remotely considered a credible source.

If this professor publishes research papers, then he is way more credible (in the academic world) than any tinfoil hat wearing nut on here.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You have to admit that 95% of the opinions here are not based on scientifically proven repeatable experimentations. Mostly conjecture, so maybe that doesn't bode well in an institute of higher learning, just a thought.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh the irony of college "students" laughing at us lol. ATS members all join in on a laugh after reviewing the deceitful curriculum in the education system of America in particular and most of the world in general. Guaranteed if given a lesson plan for that same day ATS members would pick it apart so throughly even the teacher/professor would ask for a refund.

Let them laugh, the initiated of truth do not need to defend themselves from college student performing the art of fellatio on the deception made to assimilate them into 9 to 5 slaves. Imagine a history book from that same school even mentioned on ATS? It would be banned from print after ATS gets through with it.

Ok I do admit occasionally the threads/topics on here get seemingly a little out of control. But in the search for truth a thorough truth seeker will attempt to cover ALL the bases and leave no stone unturned. LOL but hey you cant get a degree from ATS and there is the victory for all college students.

Kudos to ALL ATS members for helping out and gaining us this increasing exposure to the world. If they feel they must ridicule us and belittle us it means we're on to something. Oh yeah and that kid who killed all of those people lol; dont worry about that because they were just interdimensional ETs like in the movie "they live". Best way to hide something is in your face; I wonder if those sunglasses are on EBAY. GOTTA GO!

reply to post by wisefoolishness

edit on 7-12-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I dare you or anyone else who tries this approach of slighting ATS and its members to create a thread to debunk. Plz have valid points all laid out for ATS members and they will gladly answer the call. I guarantee that by the end of said thread you will doubt your own belief and if not at least couldnt defend it in the same form you began with.

reply to post by Illustronic

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Really? Even when the university itself will record certain lectures? For your speculation to be proven factual, we would have to have the name of the university revealed, and then look into it's policies, wouldn't we?

Who is the one to say who is credible? History is chalked full of "mad professors".
edit on 7-12-2010 by OptimistPrime because: not finished

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
You have to admit that 95% of the opinions here are not based on scientifically proven repeatable experimentations. Mostly conjecture, so maybe that doesn't bode well in an institute of higher learning, just a thought.

Exactly!!

ATS is an open forum after all, where any member of the public may join and create threads.

We just don't have a systematic "peer review" process that the scientific world has in order to get rid of bogus, unfalsifiable, and crazy speculative claims.

Believe me if ATS was only open to the intellects of academia, then this place would be a billion times more credible.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah, let's have some specifics. He obviously doesn't care about you or anyone else on ATS, he thinks everyone here is a joke, so why protect his identity? If he cared about his identity being protected he wouldn't have said this stuff at a major college. Moreover, who cares what he thinks really? He's nothing but a brainwashed government hack who can't even put his pants on without Big Brother instructing him how to do it....because he doesn't use his own brain. Sure there are crackpot theories on here, but some valid ones as well....and some valid news and valid opinions. Like the old saying goes......your mind is like a parachute, it only functions properly when it's open.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Correct, this is not up to me though since I am not the one who authored this thread.

But what I know is that at the Uni that I attend it is against policy for any students to record lecture.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by opensecrets

Wow! that was a hell of a post. I guess someone did not like 7 posts that you made in less than 2 minutes.
I thought maybe it was just a part of this thread as it was in league with some of the other posts.

hmm......go figure............more to worry about in this f'd up word than this though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
After going through College, the only thing I can tell you is that most academic subjects are based on the assertations of others. (Books recommended to teach the subject, but not question)

and the people I have met tell me one thing, college kids don't understand much, if not very little (People of the System), They will except foundational information based on nothing but opinions, very little research and a huge lack of common sense... and they will except this as fact... I am a high believer that YOU MUST BE TAUGHT TO BE OPEN MINDED AND HAVE PROBLEM SOLVINGS SKILLS as a child to really have an understanding of how humanity works...

I'm no trying to say that all college kids are ignorant or lack common sense, it's just that Modern Academia has become big business... The way I view modern colleges today is that they are your basic training for a military carrer...

After much years here, I have learned one important fact regarding the history of humanity... our ancestors were as intelligent as us... and for many generations other than added technology, we are the same... no different than those that came before us. And as my forfathers, we too are slaves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The ones who denies the FEMA death camps are the ones doomed to live there.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Oh the irony of college "students" laughing at us lol.

This is not true

Not a lot of people at college probably even know about this site (just like the general populace).

Let them laugh, the initiated of truth do not need to defend themselves from college student performing the art of fellatio on the deception made to assimilate them into 9 to 5 slaves.

Wow, way to generalize and show your bias.

It seems to me that you have something against college students.

What's wrong where you not able to get into college and that is why you seem to have this angst against them???

Don't worry though, those "college" students end up getting a respectable and high paying job. People like you end up working for them.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Steam, you have been right on everything, BUT, the instructor is a high ranking law enforcement official, and instructs part time. Other than that..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

My bad, thanks for letting me know

I will make sure to edit it out

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
really? lmao ok kid you win I apologize on behalf of all your peers who seem to be a part of " no child left behind" policies of today. LOL really ? OMG that was too funny. What college do you go to? plz let me know so I can laugh extra hard next time I hear about it. Now Im not one to brag but when you get out of school you'll be lucky to afford the rent I charge you.

In this economy and the rate jobs are disappearing lol cmon really? LMAO!!!!

btw Im proud of you for the drive you lol showed getting to college lol uhm I hope you reach your lol goals and reach you potential as a comedian lol one day. Join the army kid noone gives a ish about your life. Oh yeah btw peace

reply to post by Steam

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join