It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Law enforcement professor?

ATS is not responsible for the Jeff Weise shooting incident, just a convenient scapegoat because this disturbed person posted here.

In fact it was "the law" that failed in that case, but like so many it was covered up and forgotten.

Law enforcement has good reason to discredit ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Big Ten University. Big Ten Schools are: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St., Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio St., Penn St., Purdue, Wisconsin, and as of next year, Nebraska.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

He wasn't blaming ATS, this is just a place where the young man came to share his thoughts. The instructor "explained" what ATS was because in all likelihood, 90% of the class wouldn't know what it is.
edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: Clarity

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: More clarity

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Oh, my bad dude

I thought you meant as in academically ranked in the top ten.

The university that I attend is on there so we might actually go to the same Uni.

Can you guess which one it is??

I will give you a hint: It has a large student body and it is located in the midwest
edit on 6-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

If I had to guess, I would say Ohio State, because they have the highest enrollment in the Big Ten, and is located in the Midwest..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Close, but it is north of ohio.

I will give you another hint: GO BLUE!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Michigan is 9th in enrollment in the Big Ten. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

He wasn't blaming ATS, this is just a place where the young man came to share his thoughts. The instructor "explained" what ATS was because in all likelihood, 90% of the class wouldn't know what it is.

Nah, he was trying to give his class the impression that ATS members in general are all insane people like Weise.

If they could they would shut down ATS... But they can't, not yet, so the best option is to portray it in the worst and most demeaning ways possible.

Fact is, there are times when ATS gets too close to the truth, and it is too easily made public, and now has rather broad exposure to literally millions of potential viewers.

Eventually they will fail to hold the light of day away from their corruption.. That day is close, too damned close.

Please, give your professor my regards, and share with him my thoughts, my user name, give him some time and ask him what he thinks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sounds like your Professor is a wanker and an ignorant one at that.Seems to me he's perfect to be teaching law enforcement.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

lol, I guess I didn't know what I was talking about.

Our school does have a very high acceptance rate though compared to other equally ranked schools.

But anyways back to the topic,

I think you should just ignore your professor when he says such things about ats.

If this is a small class and not a lecture, I would advise you NOT to go talk to him about it since you don't know what type of stigma he will have on you. Trust me it is not worth risking your grade or rep over.

Otherwise, if it is a larger class, I highly doubt your professor would know your name or who you are

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Law Enforcement says the same thing about ATS that ATS says about law enforcement.

Are there bad people in law enforcement? Yes. Are there nuts on ATS? Yes.

Are there good people in law enforcement? Yes. Are there intelligent people on ATS? Yes, definitely.

Don't do something so foolish as judging a person based on their profession. You're hypocritical when you say negative things about them for saying negative things about you. Two wrongs don't make it right...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

It's not like my feelings were hurt. I just wanted to bring to light a scenario that describes how "mainstream" society thinks of the ideas that come out of ATS.

It's hard to make people "see the light" if they think the people showing it to them are wack-o.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

There are definitely those out there who would miss the point of a site like this and make outrageous claims based on the unproven theories of some people who post here. I don't know if this actually happened or not, but it's definitely plausible. The way the professor's explanation of the site crams a bunch of these theories into a sort of nonsensical satire is absolutely hilarious, though - academia are often very sarcastic by nature because they think they know it all. If this guy actually said this, he was probably intentionally trying to prove some kind of point that sites like this are harmful. To those of us who know better and those who check it out for themselves, he just sounds like a clown.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The "backs of roadsigns" does not refer to them driving backwards, rather it is a reference to "TACMARS" which is a conspiracy about the reflective markings that are on the back of most US road signs, which, if you know the "code" point out the way to areas that can be used as air drop zones, concentration camps, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

My broad portrayal of their wrongs is far more accurate than theirs of ATS.

At the end of the day, ATS is what it is, it has nothing to hide, everything is literally out in the open.

Law Enforcement is what they make YOU believe they are. and you have no choice but to take their word for it.. Heh, they are the LAW!

Big difference, especially when you learn how completely corrupt they can be.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that you're wrong, law enforcement has done more harm to the US than ATS ever will. I'm just asking you that you don't look negatively upon them for the very reason they look negatively on you (us). That's hypocritical, and hypocrisy does not belong on ATS. That's just more fuel for their fire, right?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Law Enforcement itself is the ultimate of hypocrisy!

They enforce the law, but remain above and beyond those laws, especially when and where it suits them.

Please, show me on a scale how much weight the good has over the bad.

Also, don't judge me, not until you've been where I have, through what I have and seen what I have seen.

Interesting thread, nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Who cares? Does it bother you? if it does what are you doing on the largest most popular conspiracy site on the web? ATS allows free thought and speech so yeah you get some whacked out stuff talked about here so what. There are still a lot of deep thinkers here discussing like minded topics. Of the thousands of people here one goes off the deep end and somehow it is ATS fault... Sigh! Typical wrong thinking by the education elite.

Do ATS a favor and thank the good professor for the free publicity. Because despite the laughter how many of those students will come here check out the site and find a new home on the web among like minded folks and tell their friends?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Given the current attention span of the average American, I'd say they probably forget the name "abovetopsecret.com" by no more than 15 minutes later.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Didn't mean to offend/judge you. Just trying to say that battling hypocrisy with hypocrisy is a battle that won't be won.

Either way, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join