It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is how people think. This is the rational, irrational mind at work, only played out on the internet of A.T.S A combined thought process, of all angles of aspect and it has it all here on A.T.S. A.T.S has the left wing, the right wing, the moderate, the insane, the funny, the sad. All are here to look at, IN THE A.T.S. ZOO. A magnifying glass is offered, if you so choose it. A.T.S, the listenning channel, at your service.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam
reply to post by sakokrap

The problem is though you need that "degree" in order to get a good job.

Statistics show that the higher your education, the higher your salary and the lower your risk of unemployment.

I am 100% certain that almost all kids go to college just for the "degree" and "prestige" in order to get that high paying job (i.e. scientists, doctors, lawyers).

Anyone who says they are there just for the sake of "learning" is lying to himself.

You are definitely right: more education = better job.

My father is a ph.d and my mother a university professor, and what I learned from them was: who in the hell wants a "good job"? Getting a "degree" means you've accomplished some sort of civilian boot-camp, are able to put up with insanity as the norm, and have invested into the future of the Matrix.

Of course, my father told me young, "you don't make money working for anyone else... you make it having people work for you." Inasmuch, that is not a "good job".

When you think of the eccentric innovator multi-billionaire (maybe like Bill Gates?), you will note that they got where they were going not by falling into the numbing ruts of the hordes that went before them.

To apply all of this to the thread- People investing time, resource and "belief" in Criminal Justice education are busy in their "good job" acting as modern day highway-men extorting resource from travelers, enforcing memes identified in the MIAC report, getting laid off due to the top-heavy bureaucracy...

Sure enough though, one can go to higher ed, take out low interest loans, and get your MPA only to work in the local hospital as a HUC.

Personally, I like to think of "higher ed" as the same body-politic as Orwell's "Outer Party Members."

I wonder if the innovative Executive Outcomes (or Blackwater for that matter) are populated by people who have Masters Degrees in Emergency Mgt / Criminal Justice.

... I simply evidence the absolute, extensive, pervasive and monstrous LACK of justice in the criminal system to illustrate the quality of those "good jobs" in CJ.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There are two different types of good jobs, in my opinion.

The first type is good in the fact that it is satisfying to you. Satisfying jobs sacrifice pay for morality.

The second type of good is the good that gives you the dollar bill. High paying jobs sacrifice morality for pay.

Which "good" are you talking about? Because there are plenty of both, the bad apples just get more publicity.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Of course billionaires like Bill Gates and others worked for themselves and where innovative.

They didn't go through the traditional University route.

But what are the chances of middle or working class person to be a billionaire?

It is an extremely risky business and not everyone with a good invention or idea becomes rich. Most of them go broke and struggle to feed themselves.

It takes luck and being at the right place at the right time in order to hit bank.

Still, the safest and most effective way to living that "upper middle class" life that many of us would like is to go to college and get into a professional school.

Oh and btw, many doctors and lawyers are self employed and usually set up a "private practice" after they get some experience in their career.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
And it wasn't too pretty.

I won't say too much about where, or who, for privacy issues.

I will say this was a higher level Criminal Justice course at a Big Ten University.

The setting:

The instructor, who is a high ranking law official, was describing a case about a troubled teenager from Minnesota who lived near a Reservation. The young man later killed a number of people, and then himself, but he was a contributor to this site. He posted some damning things about his future a short time before committing suicide.

The instructors description of this site was something to the effect of, "A site where conspiracy theorists go to talk about how the UN is going to invade the US and use the backs of road signs (because Europeans drive backwards, they will see the backs of our road signs) to help direct them to FEMA concentration camps where the undesired will be held, and Obama will be ok with this, because he's from Venus."

As you might guess, the subsequent laughs were overwhelming.

And then I thought to myself, "What did he say that was wrong?"

I'm sure you could search this site and find something related to each piece of that description.

ATS' motto "Deny Ignorance" doesn't seem to be adhered to these days. The conspiracy theories that come about these days get wilder and wilder, and I can't remember a single prediction made on this site that has come true. So does ATS deserve any credence? Why are the theories proposed here believed if they never come true? Are we really "Denying Ignorance" by coming up with such outlandish theories? Do we at ATS deserve any respect, or should we be ridiculed like this when mentioned in public?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Edit: Within three pages of this thread's beginning, there are people accusing me of hoaxing (LOL). If you really think that I would waste my time creating a hoax, then contact a moderator, and I will gladly give that moderator sufficient information as to prove that this thread is not a hoax, i.e. the name of the University, the name of the instructor, and a copy of the class syllabus. Thanks.

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: Spelling

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: (no reason given)

That's mainly due to the fact people on this site love feeding into others delusions.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
And it wasn't too pretty.

I won't say too much about where, or who, for privacy issues.

I will say this was a higher level Criminal Justice course at a Big Ten University.

The setting:

The instructor, who is a high ranking law official, was describing a case about a troubled teenager from Minnesota who lived near a Reservation. The young man later killed a number of people, and then himself, but he was a contributor to this site. He posted some damning things about his future a short time before committing suicide.

The instructors description of this site was something to the effect of, "A site where conspiracy theorists go to talk about how the UN is going to invade the US and use the backs of road signs (because Europeans drive backwards, they will see the backs of our road signs) to help direct them to FEMA concentration camps where the undesired will be held, and Obama will be ok with this, because he's from Venus."

As you might guess, the subsequent laughs were overwhelming.

And then I thought to myself, "What did he say that was wrong?"

I'm sure you could search this site and find something related to each piece of that description.

ATS' motto "Deny Ignorance" doesn't seem to be adhered to these days. The conspiracy theories that come about these days get wilder and wilder, and I can't remember a single prediction made on this site that has come true. So does ATS deserve any credence? Why are the theories proposed here believed if they never come true? Are we really "Denying Ignorance" by coming up with such outlandish theories? Do we at ATS deserve any respect, or should we be ridiculed like this when mentioned in public?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Edit: Within three pages of this thread's beginning, there are people accusing me of hoaxing (LOL). If you really think that I would waste my time creating a hoax, then contact a moderator, and I will gladly give that moderator sufficient information as to prove that this thread is not a hoax, i.e. the name of the University, the name of the instructor, and a copy of the class syllabus. Thanks.

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: Spelling

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: (no reason given)

How is the CIA these days? Still threatening people indirectly? Still murdering innocent civilians and calling it "suicide". How many of your moles do you got on this site alone? 60-129?

Is the is the school Wisconsin?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
No,I do not attend Wisconsin.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join