It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: ice age has already started - the shocking evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

First Global Warming.
Now Global Ice Age??
What's next? Seriously..

Actually, no.
In the '70's/'80's we had a "global cooling" scare/ice age warning. It came from the same guy who brought us the "global warming" idea/debacle.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hi, im in the UK too

What people were saying is , `big deal we`ve had this and worse before`! yes, however, the patterns of weather are different these days, and the circumstances under which theyve happened.. with the big changes to gulf stream current unforunatly points to how its unlikely this is being caused by a `strong winter`.. but by a forthcoming ice age which is in the preliminary round

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Agreed, im in Wales (and by the way we should be in bed! not together) this winter is different, its never like this in December, NEVER, i woke this morning at 7 and it was like the north pole, in fact i kept my daughter off school cos it was so icy. Bit worrying.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
i woke this morning at 7 and it was like the north pole, in fact i kept my daughter off school cos it was so icy. Bit worrying.

Cool, and its been snowing on and off all night here, and in many places up north, so any of the snow thats receeded has been brought back.

Oh and freezing air temperatures are on the horizon for well into january, which means thats right, snow is going away no time soon

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You might consider having this thread moved to the Fragile Earth Forum. I think you'll get more responses from those who deal with this issue. Just a thought.....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
You might consider having this thread moved to the Fragile Earth Forum. I think you'll get more responses from those who deal with this issue. Just a thought.....

argh your right!
erm can you tell me how i do it? or can you ask a mod to do it
thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have read the OP and am not convinced that the start of an ice age is confirmed. There is much evidence to state that this is just not true. link to article

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

This does catch my eye, because so much is going on with all types of changes. It may start snowing here in KS tonight. But was so nice out today I wore shorts. The weather is fluctuating like crazy! Amongst other changes, I am keeping my eye on it as well!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Il follow you to the new forum, i cant sleep ive got a stinker of a cold, just popped my head out of my front door now and everything is just white, but its quite beautiful, although i might not be thinking this in a few months time.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Since it's your thread, you can ask them to move it. That is where it really belongs.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am not sure I will jump off the cliff and start screaming Doom and gloom, on the way down, BUT their is something going on with the weather of the Earth, for sure. I for one am not a big environmentalist when it comes to all the global warming mumbo jumbo with man destroying the earth with c02 or what have you. Due to our existence on a planet of this kind and our numbers in theory I am sure we are altering the way of this world but in conclusion of this thinking I draw the conclusion of this such as, if it exist so for us to exist, then it's purpose is therefore and with purpose of such. Not to mention environmentalism as we know it is political in any sense so even if it was meant to be something of reform it contours the truth into control and of course we are so smart we do not even see it is a political control mechanism anyhow. Something is happening it has been happening for quite some time now, record temperatures are occurring in the Northern hemisphere as we communicate to one another at this moment, yet still that truth is still not enough. I suppose it is harder for many to be conscious to be aware of what it is around them, as far as sensationalizing the weather I believe it is the weather sensationalizing itself. As far as confirmation to an Ice age, I will not go that far, confirmation of uncanny weather patterns indeed. We as Human being have a stiff upper lip when it comes to our ignorance to the things we think we can control, yet when it comes to what we cannot we wish most times to remain ignorant, for such things would impede our or delusions of our greatness. Thats from a simple minded singular egotistical theme to the form of a complex whole of all of man, who think in such a pattern. No matter how hard I try to show people how to wash the dirt off their faces, the dirt remains.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I was going to say that! I hate people like you (jkg) you make me sound so dumb with my ' it so pretty and white outside bla bla' seriously something different is happening, wish i was clever.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah ive never seen it like this in 46 years ,its erie quiet to.
Ive been thinking what the bible said the bit what says come out of her my people her sins go as high as to heaven in one hour she is destroyed.
Im thinkin how long is the hour ,is it some were in between 4 an 5 mths, as a day is 1 year 365 days.
in her is the blood of the saints, the dragon is saint george image of beast usa whos the false profit.any way dont wana derail this thread but god does work with his weapons which is nature

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sorry dear "rabbi", your enthusiam to contribute is admirable. However :

Confirmed = Fail
Shocking = Fail

Attention seeking headlines with luke warm, at best, proof for extravagant claims = Fail
Might consider it TROLLING even...

We have been in the current ice age for a 100s of thousands of years, currently we are between glaciations.

I will admit that anything can happen (flash frozen mammoths and all...) however currently the Northern hemisphere is in winter - Confirmed! and not so shockingly, it will more than likely end with a spring and summer. If it does not end as expected, then we can confirm that something out of the usual is going on.

edit on 6-12-2010 by 5MaveN5 because: typoss

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein

Originally posted by neonitus
if you remove 'comfirmed' from the thread title, i'm sure this will get better responses.
i agree its possible a new ice age will start soon though.

hello friend, if i removed it, this thread would be nothing more than a pitful `prediction` or `speculation thread`...
there is nothing speculative about mother natures` weather patterns.

and to anybody skeptical of it, what good will your skepticism do when europe is frozen over... a new ice age is almost here -- deal with it!
About as much good as running around worrying over global natural events I have absolutely no control over.I am prepared I have a current passport and a "Spanish for dummies" book!
lol...
What can I do store heat? and food and water for a lifetime? Why worry..Somethings are not survivable.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Since it's your thread, you can ask them to move it. That is where it really belongs.

how do i do that
click the alert?
but thats for threads against terms of conditions, hmm, i dont want some mod to see the alert and just delete this thread without realising i just want it moved

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Interesting but geoclimatic engineers are on the job. If it starts we'll immediately dam the Bering Sea, build massive aircraft carrier size ships to pump Atlantic warm sea water north, put up orbiting mirrors with a fleet of new space shuttles, build massive orbiting lasers to stop polar ice buildup.

The list goes on but we're ready. Bring it on and long live technology. My best

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
would if it comes the un provide safe refuge in a warmer country for europeans that there infastrucure is faailing fast or would we be left and borders locked down left to freeze ,i aint got a passport since i was 18 let it go dident figure on goin abroad again maybe i should get us all one ,my fam i mean

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Usually I'd say "this is BS" on a thread like this, but here is almost summer and I haven't took off my electric blanket from my bed yet because nights are still so cold and I have been unable to wear my summer clothes yet. We use to have 34ºc by noon by this time, now it doesn't go over 24... I don't know if it's just a cold year of what, but the temps. here aren't summer ones right now and winter was the weirdest in years (well, we had SNOW in october, and it doesn't snow here even in winter...)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The mere fact that this thread isnt being bombarded with `what a load of hogwash` prooves that many people are realising that there is something to it!

People always cry out `when scientists acknowledge something ill believe it`

well all my facts have been backed up by top scientists

read the initial post!

i wish everybody the best, stay warm and warn all your loved ones now before its too late

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join