It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My analysis of the 'Time Traveler' photo.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

The man looks like he's yawning which means he's tired. If he's tired then I doubt he would have high enough of awareness at that time to notice anything peculiar. Also if you saw something completely out of the ordinary, you wouldn't have a bored expression on your face, you would have a confused expression.

Now from the girls perspective the guys arm wouldn't be visible from there. The guy next to the time traveler is clearly blocking her view.

Plus a person may not always be looking at something their eyes are pointed to. Sometimes your brain filters out extraneous information. Like if a bug flies into your your field of vision your brain might only pick up information on the bug.
edit on 6-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am not 100% convinced that this is a time traveller photo. In looking at photos from the 1948 olympics, this hairstyle that he has is not all that uncommon among some of the athletes. As for what he is wearing, I am not totally sure it is a hoodie. Could be way off here, but I will continue to research it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

There is another phot taken from behind, showing what everyone is looking at.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I dunno one way or the other, i was just posting the link, ....although methinks just between you and me, theres no such thing as time travel into the past. This guy was was cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is quite obvious that this is a hoax.
Just take note of the density of the crowd, every one is
about a half shoulder length from one another. Now look behind and around
the traveler. What is that guy behind him doing? trying to catch a piggy-back
ride? They are practically sharing the same space. Bunk.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Personally i prefer Charlie Chaplins time travelling blackberry using transvestite.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by christianUFOilluminati
timetravel was brought up by einstein but what many people dont know is that most of his theories were wrong and there is secret evidence that his theory of relativity was actually wrong. but if there is time travel i could see why they would want to witness and see things like major events from the past.

If it werent for his theories we couldnt use sattelites today. If you are gonna say Einstein is wrong Id like at least a quote from somebody with expertise on the field.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There is nothing to see here, I think the first post link does this completely and I am blown away it even comes to this, how does a random photo of a guy at the opening of a brigde constitute a world event and ever become subject to a discussion.

He doesnt even look out of place and noone looks like they are looking at him, the girl looks like she is scanning around and just happened to be looking in the area of the man when the photo was snapped?

You cant say that a few red lines and two people supposedly staring at the guy cos he looks odd constitutes any discussion on time travel.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
I've been looking at this photo for a while now, looking for something to debunk the 'time traveler' theory. However, the more I look at it, the more I believe more and more it's just might be a time traveler.

Now, we all know the hair cut, the glasses, the embroidered shirt, and the possible hoodie are the parts of the photo that we have been focusing on thus far. But to that, we can now add (IMO) the guy I've cricled, and the lady I've also circled, into the decision making of what you may believe, who this person is.

The image:
(snip)
Now, look closely at the guys eyes. To me, he looks like he's clearly staring at this 'time traveler'. Why is he not paying attention to what everybody else is? Does he realize he clearly doesn't belong in this crowd of people? Next take a look at the ladys eyes. Again to me, she looks as if she's staring directly at what we think is a camera. Perhaps it's not a camera. Perhaps it is. But if I had to take a guess from looking at her face, she is trying to figure out what exactly he is holding, cause it may look odd to her. Could it be something she's never seen befor?

Thoughts?
edit on 6-12-2010 by BrnBdry because: typo

I don't know what you had to smoke or drink before you gazed at the picture and thought you were seeing what you claim needed analysis. I do not agree with you on any of your illusions. There is no way that you can tell what the left-side gentleman with the hat and glasses is looking at. The woman would have to be at least a couple of feet taller to be able to see down into the guy's hand. It is you who is seeing things. A photo as I'm sure you're aware is a capture of a fleeting moment. People were frozen in time. Perhaps the man with the hat and glasses was rotating his head when the picture was snapped. Perhaps the woman was being jostled by the crowd.

On a scale of 0 to 10 from disagree to agree I give you 0. It really didn't require any analysis, there's nothing to analyze. I'm tired of these "time traveler" b.s. threads.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
What's the man at the foreground of the image holding? The one with the silly grin on his face.

It could very well be the object if not simlar to what the "time traveller" is holding...? Thoughts?
edit on 6-12-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

Since his left hand is covering the front of the film movie camera it's difficult to tell if he's holding the turret model in the picture below or he's holding a single lens version, if one was made. His right rand is cradling it and that's possibly also the side with the film winding handle. I think he's got the turret model.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/567f3f4c94e2.jpg[/atsimg]

And the "time traveller" is holding a vintage still film camera probably of the 120 type of film. I saved the photo and with picassa lightened it and zoomed in on both the guy with the movie camera (the guy with the "silly grin" in the foreground) and can very easily see that the "TT" is holding an OLD film camera! You'd think if he was a real TT he would be holding a futuristic device. But with that camera he has to gauge the shutter speed and lens opening and after he finishes the roll he has to either bring it in to processing venue (pharmacy, photo studio) or he processes it himself. Of course, if he's a TT, that old camera would just be a front!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db7701af31c9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Added comment.

edit on 6-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Additional comments.

edit on 6-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Additional comments.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
reply to post by aRogue

To me that looks like an old school video camera.

Consumer video cameras were not available in the '50s.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Look what I found!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b02ad01037c4.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-12-2010 by Hoosyourdaddyo because: Added the embedded image

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Awesome, the time traveller looks like me and the guy at the front of the car looks like my mate! Personally I'm more worried about the 305 year old man bottom right who appears to have no eyeballs.
edit on 6-12-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

here it is www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's also on various websites such as www.mdl4.com... !

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Strange if it has been proved real. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, It sure looks like no two people in this photo are looking at the exact same spot. And to me that seems unreal. Almost like it was staged somehow. Not necessarily as a hoax, but as some type of artistic photograph.

For crying out loud these people are attending a bridge opening! South Fork Bridge Reopening, in Gold Bridge, British Columbia.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So we finally get to see a picture of John Titor ? Sweet, i wonder what time era he is in right now? If he goes back too far he might get eaten by Dinosaurs

John if you are reading this lets have a beer some time

www.johntitor.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosyourdaddyo
Look what I found!!!

edit on 6-12-2010 by Hoosyourdaddyo because: Added the embedded image

You notice that Detective James Leavelle is looking at the TT as the TT adjusts his "device" to make him visible which startled Leavelle!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosyourdaddyo
Look what I found!!!

(snip)

Here is a better version of your photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c230d571c4fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't know weather I'm going crazy or not, but is that Walter Skinner from the X-Files standing right next to him.

edit on 7-12-2010 by sconcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

If I were to deliberately time travel I would take the trouble to dress and groom myself to the era. The kid is wearing a collegiate sports (like a tee) shirt and sweater of that period. The only thing about him that says "now" is the fact that he has five o'clock shadow which, these days, is a trendy male statement accessory. There were sunglasses like that in the late forties though. I remember them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join