It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirrors..is the soul looking at you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When i look in mirrors i tend to want to look at myself out of curiosity. Sometimes i would imagine how i looked, then look into the mirror and find myself looking diffrent to what i was thinking. Sometimes i say to myself when i look into the mirror "oh yeah thats how i look like", it seemed like i just fogot how i looked like. Its just got me thinking, perhaps maybe it was the soul looking into the mirror to see the manifestation it became. Maybe the mirror is rare around the universe, and the soul is just knowing itself properly via the mirror. I saw a report on dolphins and how they are one of the only animals to know that the reflections they see in mirrors are actually them. Maybe we both have a mainifestation which allows our souls to view themselves in mirrors, and can know its them. We humans have amazing features everyone looks diffrent, how interesting would it be for the soul to see and experience such features in a form. When you see pictures of alleged ufos, they seem abit scary looking, and you dont want to look at them really, they just dont look right. Now imagine your soul manifesting into that body, not much to look at lol. Ild hate to look scary like that. We current humans are rare in the universe, why wouldnt our souls take advantage of thise rarity?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've thought the same thing. I looked in the mirror so long at my eyes I began to see more and more mirrors. I wonder if ets think we all look the same like we think they do. Or if they see one another and us as the soul. I've asked other people if they always look the same in the mirror or if they look different some days (I think I look different sometimes). And even in the camera, I look far different then my mind perceives. Its nothing more then a vessel. (The body).

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

This isn't always a good idea...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

thats easy to do just freeze the image in the mirror

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I agree...

But it seemed to gel with the OP...hopefully for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I didn't and still really don't like looking into the mirror, but I must agree that at some points in which I did look into the mirror it did feel like I was looking into my soul, I would have to say that is the best description of what I was thinking. It's certainly interesting when looking into the mirror and just continuing to look at yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I have the same reaction when I stare at myself in the mirror. I wonder if our souls do not match our bodies sometimes. I can't help, but to feel out of place inside me. I know it's me, and that the body I currently have, is one of mines, but I feel like I've 'worn' other bodies... eh, imma weirdo I think.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I find myself looking at a mirror unconsciously, as in finding anything reflective and just looking at myself. Idk why I do, it's a habit.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
When i look in mirrors i tend to want to look at myself out of curiosity. Sometimes i would imagine how i looked, then look into the mirror and find myself looking diffrent to what i was thinking. Sometimes i say to myself when i look into the mirror "oh yeah thats how i look like", it seemed like i just fogot how i looked like. Its just got me thinking, perhaps maybe it was the soul looking into the mirror to see the manifestation it became. Maybe the mirror is rare around the universe, and the soul is just knowing itself properly via the mirror. I saw a report on dolphins and how they are one of the only animals to know that the reflections they see in mirrors are actually them. Maybe we both have a mainifestation which allows our souls to view themselves in mirrors, and can know its them. We humans have amazing features everyone looks diffrent, how interesting would it be for the soul to see and experience such features in a form. When you see pictures of alleged ufos, they seem abit scary looking, and you dont want to look at them really, they just dont look right. Now imagine your soul manifesting into that body, not much to look at lol. Ild hate to look scary like that. We current humans are rare in the universe, why wouldnt our souls take advantage of thise rarity?

kul post - thumb up

i love 'mirror mediation-- good for observation'

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Whenever I experience sleep paralysis it starts with a mirror. There is a mirror on the back of my bedroom door and if the door is not open all the way and the mirror is exposed I get sleep paralysis. The beings I see in my dream always appear in the mirror first, like a glimpse. The first time I remember it happening I could only see these beings in the mirror and could only sense them elsewhere. Now I can see them, but they always appear in the mirror first. Please don't scare me and tell me that demons are trapped in my mirror or I will have nightmares tonight! lol. Seriously though...I dont want to know.
When I look in the mirror for a long time my face starts to change. I cannot look in the mirror for a long time when under the influence of a certain green, smelly plant which is wrongly percieved as a drug, I get a bit freaked out! My percieved self, mirror self and photo self are all different and change from day to day.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

To get a good perspective of the human soul, stare into a good quality black mirror for any given lengh of time. P.S the green stuff is not recommended while doing this, paranoia will run unchecked. just be clear and take a hard look to see the real you.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good topic,
I remember when I was younger, maybe early teens. I would stand in the bathroom looking at the mirror and would ask myself out loud "Who are you?", or keep repeating my name over and over. I would always get this weird feeling or sensation after doing this for a few minutes. I don't know how to explain it. I know I've read about this type of thing before. Hmm let me look around a little see if I can find more info.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Just dont look in the mirror and say candyman, candyman, candyman....sorry, couldn't help it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I had forgotten about that one. I think the one my friends used to do was "Bloody Mary".

edit on 12/6/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join