It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Yeah, I remember in particular one of those "old wives tales" pertaining to hair magic from up in the hills. A lot of the old timers would take their hair clippings out and hide them, usually under a rock, because the witcher-women said that those clippings could be used to throw a hex. They'd bury them or hide 'em under a rock to keep birds from carrying them off for possible misuse against them.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I was thinking for a moment and i wondered.
could this explain a womans intuition? I mean my mother and my aunts and grandmothers all had long hair, and all seemed different after they cut it...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

thanks for the information

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Guys, guys, guys.

Seriously.

People in this thread are not honestly saying that their hair length gives them supernatural powers?

Come on!

I have short hair and always have and I bet I am more perceptive to danger than a lot of you. This is honestly ridiculous. I know that the OP said that there is no source for this and I appreciate that but until some provides hard evidence then I cannot even consider this.

"When I cut my hair bad things no happen." No they do not, you probably lead yourself to believe this because you are in some kind of depressive state that you cut something that you had spent years maintaining.

Just like when I was a kid and my mum cut a gaping hole in my fringe
that led to a depressive week at school where "bad things happened" because my state of mind was expecting them due to my appearance.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

There has been some wonderful responses. I know for myself there were points in time I had a long hair and it always had a feel of, well I dont want to say power exactly, that really isnt the right word, but it seemed right somehow. lol I know I hung on to my god awful mullet forever until the wife couldnt take it anymore. Im really hopeing that style comes back soon!

I just had to reply to this immediately, lol.

Don't worry, I got your back. You can bring back your mullet baby, I'm still rocking it strong like Uncle Jesse. The party in the back is down past the shoulders, yeeeeeaaahhhh!! And I'm working on bringing it back!

Anywho, back to the original issue here, I've always felt a helluva lot more confident and sensitive to others with longer hair. I cut my hair to conform, I grow mine out to become more of myself. Your hair is a direct expression of you. How you style, grow, groom, directly relates back to your persona. Why not back to your spiritual side as well, not just the expression of personality side?
edit on 7-12-2010 by shagula because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
-According to the book the Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet when visting the Golden Doko Where the Body of Christ is kept on their planet, Jesus' Body has to this day Very Long hair.

-Some People on other higher levels of planets than ours naturally have purple hair.

-When 7 Angelic Beings helped Michel access the PsychoSphere of Earth from the planet Thiaoouba to visit the King of Atlantis while in meditation inside of the Weather controlling Pyramid of Giza, The King had Long Very Long Hair.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
-According to the book the Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet when visting the Golden Doko Where the Body of Christ is kept on their planet, Jesus' Body has to this day Very Long hair.

-Some People on other higher levels of planets than ours naturally have purple hair.

-When 7 Angelic Beings helped Michel access the PsychoSphere of Earth from the planet Thiaoouba to visit the King of Atlantis while in meditation inside of the Weather controlling Pyramid of Giza, The King had Long Very Long Hair.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
ancient time in china Chinese people grew their hair for a long time even all the life time the reason why they did't cut their hair is that they had a thought that the hair was given by their parents if they cut hair it means disrespect to their parents

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
excellent post! now I have something of significance to tell people when they bug me to cut my hair! the ladies love it though

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mavman
Well as a hockey fan I am quite aware of "playoff beards." It all seems to make sense now.

en.wikipedia.org...

My favourite rugby team grow beards near the finals too

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hmmm, Hair with neuro-ending connectors, where have I seen that before? Oh, yes! Maybe they were watching the movie "Avatar" before emailing that message out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher
Hmmm, Hair with neuro-ending connectors, where have I seen that before? Oh, yes! Maybe they were watching the movie "Avatar" before emailing that message out.

You know the movie Avatar basically got most its ideas from human tribes, right?

Maybe James Cameron read the email and stole the idea.

I know several Africans(Jamaicans) with dreadlocks who believe them to hold some sort of extra-sensory 'mapping' power. This sort of thinking is not unusual. It's been around since the dawn of time. Long before Avatar plagiarised other peoples cultures.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

WOAH. I just had the hugest moment of synchronization

I was just about to post a picture of the movie Avatar where the main character was bonding with the spirit tree.
That was weird. I'm going to bed.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
ok enough please.......maybe its true maybe it's not.....anyway....there is enough problems in the world than worrying about hair.....and debating if it's true or not....seriously?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I never could picture "GOD" as having a crew cut.

Part of it might be psychological, but I have long hair and sometimes it tries to 'stand up', like when I get goosebumps or something.

My cat gets bushy tail. She's a little bitty cat but sometimes something will set her off and her tail fluffs out and we know she's upset.

Hair does have little muscles around the roots. Outside and loose it blows around and I can see that it could help pick up smells - that's not supernatural, that's NATURAL.

I like my hair long. I have a deep feeling that my hair is connected to the essence of who I am. That is why the idea of giving a hair sample to someone - or a blood or pee sample - is really scary to me. I don't do drugs though, you won't find any thing like that in my tissues. I just don't want someone else having them. I had a pee test once and they did it, but let me sit there and watch them do it and dispose of it after. That was semi-ok.
I've got some magickal beliefs, it all gives me the willies, but since my religion is not the dominant one, and my style of thinking isn't dominant, I have to put up with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There’s a novel called The Way Of Wyrd, by Brian Bates. It’s partly fictional, partly an education in historically-evidenced Anglo-Saxon wisdom. In it, the Anglo-Saxon ‘Shaman’ Wulf explains to his student that hair is an outward manifestation of life-force; thus the stronger ones’ life-force, the longer the hair.

I first read that book about 4-5 years ago and have been growing my hair ever since. I suppose it just made some sort of primal, spiritual sense to me.

Point being, the sanctity of long hair is not just a Native American thing – it’s a Pagan concept that spans various ancient cultures worldwide.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
People are actually responding to this with serious replies? even some questioning why our hairs stand on end?...I guess you want to question why you get goosebumps right? hair growth is prevalent throughout the animal kingdom and the only effect cutting it has on humans is psychological, and this is self inflicted.

I'm troubled that so many people don't even question the Ops post, people i thought were logical thinkers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
People are actually responding to this with serious replies? even some questioning why our hairs stand on end?...I guess you want to question why you get goosebumps right? hair growth is prevalent throughout the animal kingdom and the only effect cutting it has on humans is psychological, and this is self inflicted.

I'm troubled that so many people don't even question the Ops post, people i thought were logical thinkers.

There are also intuitive thinkers, and that has value too. It may not be of value to YOU though.
I don't question goosebumps. I know why I get them and I know that they do affect my hair. I get them when I am cold, or I feel excited, or scared, or I sense danger.

Your posts acts as if you think the mind is separate from the body and subordinate to it because it is not of the physical. I'm not trying to be all woo-woo, but modern science itself is pointing at a deep interconnectedness?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
There’s a novel called The Way Of Wyrd, by Brian Bates. It’s partly fictional, partly an education in historically-evidenced Anglo-Saxon wisdom. In it, the Anglo-Saxon ‘Shaman’ Wulf explains to his student that hair is an outward manifestation of life-force; thus the stronger ones’ life-force, the longer the hair.

I first read that book about 4-5 years ago and have been growing my hair ever since. I suppose it just made some sort of primal, spiritual sense to me.

Point being, the sanctity of long hair is not just a Native American thing – it’s a Pagan concept that spans various ancient cultures worldwide.

Yep. Many Celts and European peoples are documented to have had long hair, even dreadlocks. There's so many examples you can point to. In the Pacific Islands men historically tended to have long hair.

Of course its not a rule, in conflict many native peoples have short, even no hair

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Our modern society wants your hair short...

Probably, just one more thing to dumb you down! You can't escape it though, you wife, girlfriend, mother will tell you so!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join