It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JenRecluse

I think the reason they cut the hair in the military is for hygeine purposes.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like they cut the hair in boot camp to rid recruits of magic hair powers. Just saying, if it was true, I would understand why they would do that in boot camp, hygiene aside. But I would think, after boot camp, magical hair powers would be worth dealing with a few hair related hygiene issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Phewww, I had to go out after I posted this up. I had no idea this was going to happen! Im so glad you folks are enjoying this thread.

There has been some wonderful responses. I know for myself there were points in time I had a long hair and it always had a feel of, well I dont want to say power exactly, that really isnt the right word, but it seemed right somehow. lol I know I hung on to my god awful mullet forever until the wife couldnt take it anymore. Im really hopeing that style comes back soon!

Now something else Ive been wondering while reading the responses. Do you think the Vikings or the American Indians or any warring culture in the past were more violent? I only ask this because they all had long hair. I dont recall if the Romans did or not. Seems the Romans were a little more clean cut. Or do you think it was just because of the times and there wasn't really a local barber?
Then again on the other hand with the American Indian, they are also very spiritual.

At the rate this world is going we all might be having long hair and beards again soon iffin you know what I mean!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JenRecluse

I like that...magical hair powers....

I think it would be neccessary to keep up the hygeine when deployed to stop the spreading of lice and such when people live in close vicinities and also not everyone knows how to keep their hair clean without shampoo. Also, they are brainwashing the soldiers to believe they are a collective, they cant do that if they have different identities. They have to be all the same, know what I'm getting at?

I am now a firm believer in magical hair powers and will never cut it again....just because it sounds so darn cool!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Oddly enough I grew a moustache a while ago and shaved it off last week, I have been feeling a bit strange ever since
maybe the power is truly in facial hair!

Coincidently there is an article in this months Fortean Times called "The Myth and Magic of Facial Hair" but I haven't picked it up yet, I will get it tomorrow if I can find it

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WEIRD my hair is shoulder length and I never wear short short ,I feel like I am very in tune with nature and animals I always have been
I was watching a video about the Vrill Society that Hilter was into and the Vril Priestesses all kept their hair long and never cut it and are known to have had magical beliefs about their hair
During the Inquisition times it was customary to shave the heads of suspected witches
and Muslim women are to cover their hair.. to dampen the power of their hair?

just adding to the questions about hair

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just thought I would add this for kicks. It is a old wives tale. I think I might look for some more. Sometimes I think there is something to the old tales. Like they come from the days of magic and when it was understood better.

"If you trim your fingernails, toenails, or have your hair cut on Monday you will have good health. Tuesday will bring you wealth. Wednesday will bring you news. If you wish for a new pair of shoes, trim your fingernails or toenails or visit a hair salon on Thursday you are sure to get a new pair of shoes. Friday will bring sorrow. Cutting them on Saturday is a sure sign you will see your true love tomorrow. If you decide on Sunday, watch out, the devil will be by your side all week long."

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I found a great website about esoteric teachings and the "power" of hair.

From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility.

The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting the hair into bangs, which cover the forehead impedes this process. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled.

In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.

There is quite a bit more here for those that are interested. I found it very interesting. I had heard about cutting of the hair and how it affected your "sensitivities" a long time ago and wondered if there was any more to it. This thread caused me to do a little more research - and I'm glad I did.

Here's the link:

Did you Know About....Hair

Great thread S&F.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

and That Julie was a cool article to read.

Im starting to think there is a lot more to this hair thing. Figures I just got mine cut really short. I guess it is as obvious as the hair on your head!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Interesting,.. I have always been able to tell when people lie, I am sensitive to plaves and cn feel the energy from trees and my own hands...I am a bit differest, I sculp in clay. I have always had long hair, it is to my feet when wet. people are always hasseling me about style and cutting my hair. I like long hair.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'm interested in whether male-pattern baldness has become more prevalent in modern society as a result of environmental contaminants. Anyone have a (two)sense of this? Obviously all of our mutable traits (hair, immune system, fitness level, etc) extends beyond genetics but is there a connection to be made between intake of certain chemicals and the loss of the millions of feelers on our domes?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mavman
Well as a hockey fan I am quite aware of "playoff beards." It all seems to make sense now.

Oh yes, I didn't even think about that.
Here's my boys with the cup!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I fail to see how the amount of hair has anything to do with people's skill in combat. The entire human body is covered with hair, some people are more hairy simply by nature so are they suggesting that none of them can be good at fighting or tracking? Are they suggesting that a bald person can never be an excellent soldier? I mean this is just stupid. And why would the government cover it up

I'm sorry but it just comes off as a lot of hogwash and then to bring up the Bible story at the end, I mean come on, as if that's going to add weight to it. I suppose if that story is true than so is the one about the talking snake

I wouldn't mind seeing some scientific studies being done on this though, there might be some correlation of some kind - of course correlation doesn't equal causation but it'd still be interesting to see what science has to say and not just a seemingly random email you got.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Buddhists believe in non attachment, they don't want to be vain or attribute unneccessary thought to things such as hair. In my opinion if your antannae is too receptive you will be bombarded.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I dunno.
when i had long hair, I was mildly depressed, no job, kinda miserable.

I cut my hair and EVERYTHING started to look up, my whole personality changed. Even females started to notice me more. I even got better at guitar.

I say its all in the mind, there are many groovy bald guys out there. A lot of native elders are bald. A lot of talented ppl are bald.

I do miss my hair tho.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I fail to see how the amount of hair has anything to do with people's skill in combat. The entire human body is covered with hair, some people are more hairy simply by nature so are they suggesting that none of them can be good at fighting or tracking? Are they suggesting that a bald person can never be an excellent soldier? I mean this is just stupid. And why would the government cover it up

I'm sorry but it just comes off as a lot of hogwash and then to bring up the Bible story at the end, I mean come on, as if that's going to add weight to it. I suppose if that story is true than so is the one about the talking snake

I wouldn't mind seeing some scientific studies being done on this though, there might be some correlation of some kind - of course correlation doesn't equal causation but it'd still be interesting to see what science has to say and not just a seemingly random email you got.

Why does the government cover up anything they do? I actually posted this random email because I thought the theory of it was interesting. I also thought that maybe, just maybe, as it took place in the times of the Vietnam war, we might have a vet or too around that may remember this or have some clue about it. If we were really lucky, maybe even one that participated in the actual test. A reach I know, but stranger things have happened.

I dont think the original writer was trying to add weight with the bible reference, I think that was a bit more tongue in cheek, but that was just my take on it.

Still all in all I think there have been many great responses and some of them do seem to point to a sort of correlation in a weird way.

I do agree though a true scientific test would be interesting no doubt.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
From the Law of One material:

75.32 Questioner: You mentioned in an earlier session that the hair was an antennae. Could you expand on that statement as to how that works?

Ra: I am Ra. It is difficult to so do due to the metaphysical nature of this antennae-effect. Your physics are concerned with measurements in your physical complex of experience. The metaphysical nature of the contact of those in time/space is such that the hair, as it has significant length, becomes as a type of electrical battery which stays charged and tuned and is then able to aid contact even when there are small anomalies in the contact.

75.33 Questioner: Is there an optimum length of hair for this aid?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no outer limit on length but the, shall we say, inner limit is approximately four to four and one-half inches depending upon the strength of the contact and the nature of the instrument.

Not that I buy it.

I found this thread interesting since I had recently read the Ra stuff about hair being an antennae

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've often pondered if it is..."natural", or rather, intended that we modify anything that is what we are. This leads to the slippery slope fallacy of course, should we cut our hair, should we clip our nails, should we wear glasses/contacts, should we brush our teeth, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am a male with long hair and I was just thinking about cutting it off and donating it. Now I may want to keep it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed that a high percentage of balding men suddenly feel compelled to start growing facial hair, usually beards?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join