It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan calls for jail time for enforcing Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.wnd.com...

Texans take their rights seriously. A bill that has been prefiled for the 2011 state legislative session creates penalties of up to $5,000 in fines and up to five years in jail for anyone guilty of the "felony" of attempting "to enforce an act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation" of Obamacare, the president's plan that effectively nationalizes the health-care decision making process. The plan by Texas Rep. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, effectively would nullify the federal health care legislation in his state. At least, that is what the bill that "relates to federal health care legislation" says:
The federal Act:
(1) is invalid in this state
(2) is not recognized by this state
(3) is specifically rejected by this state
(4) is null and void and of no effect in this state.

Why is it that only Texans take this egregious usurpation of rights seriously?

Eff these bureaucratic SOBs who think they can control us like pawns on a chessboard!

It seems that the time is drawing nigh to vote from the roof tops. If that is what they wish, so be it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Has this bill passed? It will certainly lead to an interesting confrontation which will probably be delayed by years due to courts getting involved, placing an injunction on the law, and eventually striking down Texas sovereignty.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I am not too big on politics. I actually despise discussing them. I have a great paying job with benefits. I pay out of my paycheck every month for health care with United HealthCare. I am covered. However my GF who is an actress does not have a regular job with with benefits. So if ever it came she needed some health care provide, we would be spending out the a$$ to get her taken care of.
I would like someone to clarify to me exactly what the prolem is with "ObamCare".
From my understanding it would provide health care benefits for those with out it, and it would possibly make those with health care more efficient, somehow.
Alot of people seem to have a problem with this. What is wrong with free minimum health care. There are plenty of people in my family self employed. Like my father, who is an owner operator of his trucking company. No health care.... So my mother has no health care either. But, if what Obama proposes passes, they will be able to afford taking care of their health.
I lived several years in Germany, after I ETS'd out of the Army. My son was born to a German, so her country immediately provided her with free health care, even before he was born. After his birth they provided health care, 900 euros a month. And even paid the rent at an apartment of her choosing. I even had a job with the DOD at the time, so that was two combined incomes, plus the assistance of the German government.
I did not see a problem with this. I never hear of Germans complaining about their govenrment assisting them. Germans live simple lives, They are happy living in smaller homes and driving smaller vehicle. They never work weekends, or late at night. And they are off on every holiday. They value family and life, unlike most american who only seems to care about making their pockets fatter, cars faster, and multiple bathrooms in their multi-roomed houses, they are rarely occupied.
Greed seems to me to be the problem people have with "ObamaCare".
Like I said before, I dont follow politics too much, so if someone could please explain to me the evil behind ObamaCare.

I do not mind helping my neighbor or any man as long as it does not cause materiel injury to myself or my family.

edit on 6-12-2010 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

By the way, I live in Texas, Houston to be exact.... Not everyone in Texas have the same views

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Rather than express my opinions, I'd prefer you spend the time to read the text and realize on your own just how egregious this bill is. en.wikipedia.org...

It reminds me of the PATRIOT act. They always choose an acronym that makes it sound great but once you spend a few days reading the fine print you realize it's nothing more than a means to continue your enslavement.

Take a quick read of the Food Safety Modernization Act and you'll hopefully realize that they choose doublespeak to keep people feeling safe while their liberties are squashed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

the reason we Texans do it that way is the weather is good down here, we can all go out on the endless sunny and practically windless days and get together for a weekly target shooting practice....yep, we make sure the boys going goose hunting two weeks later are up-to-snuff on their leading the birds enough and then we shoot pistols like pros

it takes us three hours everytime no matter how quick we try to be....after that....we start thinking about politics and our flag....yup.! just comes natural to those country boys
edit on 6-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: good people down there

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

We aren't so bad here in NC but it sounds like some lessons can be learned from you Texans.

I find when folks come to visit me they are more interested in my crossbow than they are my guns. Why the hell that is, I don't know.

Either way, we (all State citizens) have to band together to rid our country of the Tyranny in DC. I've given up on voting and am waiting for the surge to rise of others who feel as I do.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How is the open carry in Texas going? Oh i guess you left that freedom to the north.xoxo New Hampshire.

Texas needs a makeover. Playing cowboy without your pistol just ain't cutting it.

In New Hampshire the citizens carry firearms into the town halls and State rep meetings.
Hell even Arizona has open carry, Louisiana does as well!
Nope not Texas, sissy cowboy with a finger gun.

Texas sure does have a lot of fake patriots tho,Willing to use there freedom of speech to destroy another's rights.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Rather than express my opinions, I'd prefer you spend the time to read the text and realize on your own just how egregious this bill is. en.wikipedia.org...

It reminds me of the PATRIOT act. They always choose an acronym that makes it sound great but once you spend a few days reading the fine print you realize it's nothing more than a means to continue your enslavement.

Take a quick read of the Food Safety Modernization Act and you'll hopefully realize that they choose doublespeak to keep people feeling safe while their liberties are squashed.

Okay then, from reading the link, Thats pretty much the same information i've been hearing for years. I also noted the taxes that will be implemented. Taxing things like indoor tanning( go sit in the sun if you need a tan, its free) Other taxes on what seemed to be uneeded medical equipment. I did note however the tax of around 1% to the income of those that opt-out of health care but can afford it. I can see how many would oppose that, because many are selfish in nature. "I'm not gonna give up my hard earned money to the govenment help to no-one, its mine all mine. That mentally kinda reminds me of that South Park episode, "They took our jobs"
If thats the main reason why most oppose free health care. I may not agree, but I can comprehend that most only care about themselves, and the government honestly does not have a right to take your money without your consent. If everyone voluntarily gave money to help the less fortunate, none of this would even be a debate.

I still however would like your personal reasons for not supporting the bill. I dont want to assume that you are a callous heartless person that only care about yourself. But dont get me wrong, if you are I have no problem with that, free will.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Because Ron Paul is from Texas, that's why

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As a Texan, I say GOOD. To the gentleman asking what people see wrong with this bill:

My son just turned two years old. Instead of having the ability to choose whether he needs health care at the time or not, he will now be FORCED to have health care. Not only will he be FORCED to have health care, but if he doesn't get it he could possibly face fines and jail time. The problem isnt that everybody DESERVES health care. Nobody deserves anything but the freedom of personal choice.

And in all honesty, I dont have health care either, but I'm a 24 year old college student. It's ok though, our jackass president extended health care benefits for dependents of civilians only. Too bad my mother fought two tours in Iraq. Us military dependents shouldn't have anything to worry about though, I mean, the military leaves us all so wealthy anyways right?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The problem with Obamacare? Must we be reminded that it is simply not in our best interests to have an unaccountable federal government dictating every aspect of our lives?
Do we REALLY have to keep telling people that the federal government is all about control and profits for a few huge corporations.
When it comes to health care, it is about profits for big pharma and government bureaucrats.
When it comes to protecting us from "terror", it means big profits for military contractors and death ray manufacturers, or just submit to the sexual assault.
When it comes to "food safety" it means...Monsanto poison. Wow, that was easy.
When it comes to saving the economy it means giving money to JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.
When it comes to the environment and "climate change", we need carbon credits, new taxes and contracts with "green" Al Gore. Our green Jesus. Let us pray.
Get a grip.
It is about time Texas showed up. Hell, if it was the Alamo, the Mexicans would have already taken it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
What is wrong with free minimum health care.

1) It is NOT free. U r required by law to purchase it.

2) If you do not purchase it, u will be fined $1,000.00

3) If you do not pay ur fine, ur property will be confiscated
to pay ur debt.

4) If u interfere with the confiscation of ur property,
u will be incarcerated.

5) Health care Insurance rates were supposed to go down
for coverage under Obamacare, however they have went up
due to the total cost of implementing all the new regulations.

6) App. 10,000 doctors have refused to work under Obamacare
cuz prices are fixed on services. So a surgeon who has 20 yrs
experience will be getting the same amount as an intern out
of med school. Also, the app wait times for the doctors
to get re-imbursed by insurance has about doubled. Death Panels
will be implemented. There will be a shortage of doctors who
participate so your wait time to see a doctor has just
doubled. Good luck on emergency services.

7) Children with pre-existing conditions will not be covered
under Obamacare, yet they still have to purchase it.

8) Senior Citizens with certain pre-existing conditions will
also not be covered but still have to purchase it.

9) This eliminates Medicare however, supplement B
drug coverage will be a thing of the past. Now the
elderly will have to choose between eating and taking their
meds.

Nothing wrong if u approve of all the above

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Is this just the common acceptance of whats gonna happen by word of mouth. Where are the actual documents showing detailed concequences to it. I can listen to the media all day and hear opposing views, but until I read the benifits or concequences of the bill myself I can accept what you say nor what defenders of the bill state. According to what I read from the link provided, I see none of that. That all sounds like the stuff I hear on FOX news everyday at work.

Alot of these reasons some of you propose seems to just be regurgited "new" from those who appose the bill. Of coarse nothing is free, but my main thing is I really dont have a problem dishing out $1,00 bucks to help millions of others that do not have health care and need it. But as I stated not everyone has a giving mentality like myself, and I am absolutly fine with that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

good luck on reading it

the law is over 2,000 pages long
and will take u about a week
to read it all

but u can find the link from the internet

u asked what was wrong
and I gave u my opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I see no reason to shoot down all nationalized healthcare, but forcing us to purchase it from criminal insurance companies is the real disaster, when you really need it you will not REPEAT NOT get the healthcare that one has paid for (probably at very high almost criminal rates to begin with). Now if it was nationalized like in Canada that it was handled without the mediator (INS CO'S) then everything would be swell in my opinion. I don't mind paying a little bit of a higher tax to get myself some healthcare but to be charged by an insurance company and probably be denied the care when I need it or worse yet, pay into the damn thing and never need it, then I am furious!
And dental is all but a laughable insurance anymore. It's like it's a luxury, no it is NOT if you loose your teeth you cannot eat if you cannot eat you will DIE! Insurance companies are raping our citizens (I don't include auto, because if you choose to drive, you should have it) but one can't choose to not have a physical body (barring suicide).
This is just how I feel about the issue, I commend Texas. I will be using religion to "OPT" out of this catastrophic buddy pocket lining s****pie!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

From my understanding it would provide health care benefits for those with out it,
and it would possibly make those with health care more efficient, somehow.

"It" being the government and the health insurance companies. The very same who provide health care, FOR A COST, now.

Alot of people seem to have a problem with this. What is wrong with free minimum health care.

There is nothing free about this. It only mandates that all must pay for insurance.

But, if what Obama proposes passes, they will be able to afford taking care of their health.

It did pass, months ago, it is law now.
What you haven't noticed all the changes?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

From my understanding it would provide health care benefits for those with out it,
and it would possibly make those with health care more efficient, somehow.

"It" being the government and the health insurance companies. The very same who provide health care, FOR A COST, now.

Alot of people seem to have a problem with this. What is wrong with free minimum health care.

There is nothing free about this. It only mandates that all must pay for insurance.

But, if what Obama proposes passes, they will be able to afford taking care of their health.

It did pass, months ago, it is law now.
What you haven't noticed all the changes?

None of this answers my questions, My ignorance on this matter is real, so I seek real answers, none of the sacasm helps AT ALL, so If you're just tryna to make some lame a$$ response to stir up some debate, please dont respond, your stupidity is not needed. This issue is real with plenty of people that do not have insurance, Like my parents and GF. Again all I hear is the same crap I hear off of FOX news, I'm not here for bullsh!t debate, so if there is someone with an ouce of intelligence to answer my simple question please feel free to clarify the benifits or concequences to ObamaCare with reliable sources please.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I see no reason to shoot down all nationalized healthcare, but forcing us to purchase it from criminal insurance companies is the real disaster, when you really need it you will not REPEAT NOT get the healthcare that one has paid for (probably at very high almost criminal rates to begin with). Now if it was nationalized like in Canada that it was handled without the mediator (INS CO'S) then everything would be swell in my opinion. I don't mind paying a little bit of a higher tax to get myself some healthcare but to be charged by an insurance company and probably be denied the care when I need it or worse yet, pay into the damn thing and never need it, then I am furious!
And dental is all but a laughable insurance anymore. It's like it's a luxury, no it is NOT if you loose your teeth you cannot eat if you cannot eat you will DIE! Insurance companies are raping our citizens (I don't include auto, because if you choose to drive, you should have it) but one can't choose to not have a physical body (barring suicide).
This is just how I feel about the issue, I commend Texas. I will be using religion to "OPT" out of this catastrophic buddy pocket lining s****pie!!!!

This I can understand and possibly agree with. Like you mentioned about Canada, Germany was the same way. If that is what the bills calls for I can understand why most oppose it. But most opposers argument do not state this information. Why would they not propose a nationalized health care bill, if the one that Obama passed is how you state.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You are asking for reliable sources for why Obamacare is bad for America?
What do you consider a "reliable" source?
How about YOU consider the "source" that produced Obamacare, and shoved it down our throat. Tell ME why I should trust THAT source, or why YOU should.
This is what gets me. You ask ATS members to prove to you why Obamacare is bad, but yet, you pretend that it has some real potential for good. I ask you, why? Where do you get the idea it has potential for good? Because it "appears" to answer the prayers of your GF and parents?
Maybe you should ask THEM why they believe it answers their prayers, and we could debunk that?
If you believe O Care is good...why? Can you be more specific than I am being?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

None of this answers my questions, My ignorance on this matter is real, so I seek real answers, none of the sacasm helps AT ALL, so If you're just tryna to make some lame a$$ response to stir up some debate, please dont respond, your stupidity is not needed. This issue is real with plenty of people that do not have insurance, Like my parents and GF. Again all I hear is the same crap I hear off of FOX news, I'm not here for bullsh!t debate, so if there is someone with an ouce of intelligence to answer my simple question please feel free to clarify the benifits or concequences to ObamaCare with reliable sources please.

Whoa! Calm down there, SirKnightE.
No need for the attacks.
I went back and re-read your entire post, and there is no "simple question" in your post.
There is only this:

I would like someone to clarify to me exactly what the prolem is with "ObamCare".

and this

Like I said before, I dont follow politics too much, so if someone could please explain to me the evil behind ObamaCare.

This is a reply of mine from back in March, pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I have said for almost two decades that the healthcare system in the U.S. is wrecked, and I still believe that it needs to be fixed.

I fail to see how this bill changes much.

Look at who Obama, and our other Reps, invited to these closed door meetings to develop this bill.

Insurance companies, pharmaceauticals, unions, etc.

Did anyone ask The People what they wanted?

No, the very criminals responsible for our messed up health care system were the ones invited to write this new legislation.

This bill does not provide free health care for the poor or temporarily down and out.

We will all still be paying for health care.

While I don't believe this bill will actually reduce costs, let's pretend it does.

I have insurance through my wife's employer. We pay roughly $550/mnth.

Even if this bill reduces costs for those struggling by 40%, which is doubtful, how does that really help.

For people that have no health care, and are struggling to pay mortgage (if they still have one), pay bills,
and God forbid, put some decent food on the table,
does it really matter that the policy still costs $300/mnth vs. $550?

If you're broke, you're broke. $550, $300, $1000, the money isn't there, might as well be a million.

From this thread, Link to thread
which, in my opinion, was one of the better threads on Obamacare.

<<   2 >>

join