It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emptiness and Nirvana

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My problem with Adi Da Samraj, is, that while he was clearly an Avatar of some kind, and thus capable of proving the others' position and validity ie: Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, etc. and, while his "argument" was flawless and his POV (non POV), accurate - he was also driven by an opposition to Christ, seeking to replace, and upstage the adorable one. Therefore, when he was asking his devotees to give themselves completely, utterly and "stupidly" to him, and to his "mindset", he was at the same time, a thief. He was not loving THEM, and accepting THEM, only demanding the reverse because his position was superior to theirs. His "mission" was in part driven by a revulsion towards the Christ, whereby the student can never be as great as the master. He came then, not to be the servant of all, but to be served by a few, imho a terrible and fatal error on his part, because he was missing the most essential ingrediant of an authentic bhakti expressed TO the other guy. Christ alone draws all men to himself, because his love is perfect, and the rest, we are only servants in his Great Work, to help point the way.

"And as my father sent me, even so send I you."

edit on 14-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

EXACTLY.

And from what I've also learned, if one performs a good deed–even with the wrong attitude–the Lords of Karma will still pay that individual the Dharma that is owed to them for having performed the good deed. Yet when we perform Charity with Right View and Right Intention, the positive effect (Dharma) of the action will be much better for all.

On the other hand, if we commit a wrong deed with good intentions, the outcome is still of negative karma, yet it is not as bad as if we were to commit a wrong deed with hateful intention.

"One night, out of the dense form, I went everywhere invoking the soul of that departed one who in life was called Abbot Alphonse Louis Constant (Eliphas Levi).

"I found him sitting at an old desk in the august hall of an old palace.

"With much courtesy he rose from his armchair to respectfully greet me.

“I have come to ask you a great favor,” I said, “I would like you to give me a key so that I may instantly leave in the Astral Body any time I need to.”

“With pleasure,” the Abbot replied, “but first, I would like you to bring me the following homework by tomorrow:

"What is the most monstrous thing that exists on earth?”

“Please give me the key right now...”

“No! Bring me the homework and I will give you the key with pleasure.”

"The problem which the Abbot had given me became a real jigsaw puzzle, since there are so many monstrous things in the world, that frankly I found no solution.

"I wandered along every street of the city observing, trying to discover the most monstrous thing, and just when I thought I had found it, something worse would arise; suddenly a ray of light illuminated my comprehension.

“Ah!” I said to myself, “I understand. The most monstrous thing has to be, in accordance with the law of the opposite analogies, the antipole of the most magnificent thing.

“Fine! But what is the most magnificent thing that exists on the sorrowful face of this afflicted world?”

"Then, it clearly came into my mind; the Mountain of Skulls, bitter Golgotha and the great Kabir Jesus dying on a cross for the Love of all suffering humanity.

"Then I exclaimed: “Love is the most magnificent thing that exists on earth! Eureka! Eureka! Eureka! Now I have discovered the secret. Hatred is the antithesis of the most magnificent thing.”

"The solution to the complex problem proved to be obvious. Undoubtedly I had to make contact with Eliphas Levi again.

"Projecting the Eidolon once more was routine for me, since clearly I was born with that precious faculty.

"If I sought a special key, I did so not for my insignificant worthless person, but for many other people who yearned for conscious and positive astral projection."

Something I've also noticed in regard to context, is that oftentimes people will read one or two books by Samael Aun Weor, and then–because of the emphatic way that he writes–they will give up on his teachings, because they are supposedly "too dogmatic". Whereas if they had kept studying (and meditating), they would more than likely eventually read or experience something that causes them to exclaim "Oh! Now I get it!"

Remember that Samael is the Archangel of War who is responsible for applying karma to this humanity, the majority of which are lost cases. But He, through His Bodhisattva, is also offering the antidote to this humanity, before the end times–that we now find ourselves in–are over.

"When you are able to employ this nonconceptual blissful mind in realizing emptiness, the result is a powerful wisdom that serves as an antidote to counteract and eliminate diusturbing emotions.

"Therefore, it is a case of wisdom derived from disturbing emotions counteracting and eliminating them, just as insects born from wood consume it." - H.H. the Dalai Lama

So I agree with those who say that: "CONTEXT is everything".

Back to the Atiyoga discussion, I would like to say that if someone finds themselves in the Primordial Natural State, and is able to Be so in a such a way that all of their karma no longer effects them, then GREAT. I'm sincerely happy for them.

Again though, we have to be honest with ourselves. Are we truly "Enlightened" and actually Conscious of the Primordial Natural State?

Or are we merely seeking ways to evade the effects of our past actions? (which further deepens our suffering).

It is not necessary to answer these questions on the forums, as the questions are more rhetorical.

For the context if these questions, if one wishes to, one could go back and read the posts in this thread which mention Atiyoga, Dzogchen, or Mahasandhi (if you have it, try the Google search tool that searches for words on the current page without having to actually leave the current page).

"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. – Luke 15:7"

edit on 14-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Just curious, where did you come up with this? You sound like some looney person on a corner yelling "the end of the world is coming".

Please explain where this statement comes from, I've seen post from you before and know you are opinionated.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Thank you Tamahu, for revealing to me that we cannot be liberated from our base, animal nature, until we can free our own selves from the imprisonment, of "assholiness". I understand.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Simon the Magician

edit on 14-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Please clarify.. or was it my statement from JC about being sent by the father, and your implication now, is that I am some sort of "Simoniac"..? Help me out here, this is getting absurd.

Oh, ok I see you are referring to Adi Da's rebellion against Christ that i was talking about.

I'm pretty paranoid and insecure eh?

edit on 14-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You are right, I am not calling you a Simoniac.

Here is the most relevant part of what was referred to:

Simon the Magician

"Whosoever attentively studies the teachings of Simon the Magician will discover that Simon the Magician does not speak one word in favor of Christ.

"Simon the Magician saw that the spark was separated from the flame itself, without remembering the words of the Divine Rabbi of Galilee, “...no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

"Simon the Magician saw the Father hidden within him and he wanted to self-realize Him within, but by rejecting Christ. Thus, this in fact is how he fell into black magic.

"Simon the Magician fell into black magic by dint of pride.

"Simon the Magician did not want to accept Christ due to mere pride."

- Samael Aun Weor

edit on 14-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Here is the most relevant part of what was referred to:

"Simon the Magician did not want to accept Christ due to mere pride.

"Something similar is happening now in this present century with many devotees that do not want to accept my teachings, due to mere pride.

"These types of “Simoniac” beings fall into black magic due to mere pride."

Funny story, a door to door saleman knocked on my door a couple of months ago, he was African and had one of those beautiful sing song voices that come from learning English via the King James Bible. It was cold so I invited him in and bought what he was selling, which required some form filling in and the such like. Anyway, when he read back the information that he had filled in, for my surname he had written 'Christ'.

I told my brother about it, he giggled like a school boy, and replied 'You wish'.

Perhaps I should take it as a sign

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I have a question about this sexual magick youre always talking about.

What does that entail?

monogamy or polygomy?

A single relationship with one woman, or many woman, and possibly men?

How often should one have sex?

And what type of sex? Is anal permitted?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeyounexttuesday

That is a funny, and interesting story.

Why do you suppose that he wrote "Christ" for your surname?

Now I'm not saying that you were associating his African personality (I'm assuming this African gentleman had a skin color closer to that of the First Root Race) with my references to the "White Lodge" and "Black Lodge", etc. However, sometimes people do associate such terminologies with skin color; and, unless I'm missing something, said terminologies are NOT related to skin color, as can be seen here:

The White Lodge and the Aryan Race

And I've recently replied to your posts in the Buddhism thread from a few days ago.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Mind answering my question.

Im genuinely interested.

Also, i wont criticize. I just want to know what your philosophy entails.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Wouldn't that depend on who's permission you are seeking?

I've been reading about the meaning of being 'ritually unclean'...I don't get it...unless what it means is that in Judiasm, 'sex magic' was at one point employed, why else would it be relevent...why would one exclude women simply for being a 'functioning' woman?

21 And when Jesus was passed over again by ship unto the other side, much people gathered unto him: and he was nigh unto the sea. 22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, 23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.

24 And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him. 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

35 While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further? 36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe. 37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James. 38 And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly.
39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. 40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. 41 And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. 42 And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment. 43 And he charged them straitly that no man should know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat.

atheism.about.com...

‘..The two women are linked as sisters, bound by blood, marginalisation and impending death. Together they represent both sides of the “female condition” – menarche and menopause. Both considered untouchable and unclean; the young girl, loosing life almost at it’s beginning, at one extreme of the age and social spectrum, protected by a powerful, well placed father, family and community, united in seeking healing for their daughter, and the woman with the flow of blood – ritually uncleam by Jewish law, at the end of her “reproductive” life, outcast from that same community, humiliated, alone and abandoned…’

www.overcomingviolence.org...

Talitha cumi! Girl/woman, I say to you ARISE!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think most of our desires are implanted in us during our blind years. Desires, when fulfilled, yield no life giving fruit and drains our vitality. But when you see and live according to the truth, you accommodate desires that yield fruit for our spirit or our true self.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeyounexttuesday

So i guess the answer is yes, in regards to anal sex (as in, theres no moral objection towards it. instead a moral relativism, bad for me, fine for others type attitude)

As for ritual impurity. Aside from science even corroborating this jewish practice, it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual magick.

A womens lining is emitted from her uterus during her period. After her period, it actually takes aproximately 7 days for the uterus to repair itself. Its actually dangerous to a womans health to engage in sexual relations during this time, because the Uterus is involved in repairing itself. Having sex can sometimes create lesions, or marks which could later on result in uterian cancer. This is why doctors have noted that observant Jewish woman have a much lesser occurence of this type of cancer.

Also, its healthy in a emotional sense. Often in marriage a man and a woman get bored with each other, which results in adultery - or a swinger type agrement between the spouses. When they spend 2 weeks apart from each other, they return to the relationship with a greater zest and physical attraction for each other.

And, well, the Torah commands it. This is the motivating factor behind Niddah (ritual impurity). It just so happens thats its also completely reasonable.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Your avatar reminds me of Samael Aun Weor writing that we can consecrate a Upright Pentagram as a talisman for protection, and that we can also consecrate the Hebrew letter Aleph as a talisman for protection.

reply to post by Tamahu

I have a question about this sexual magick youre always talking about.

What does that entail?

monogamy or polygomy?

A single relationship with one woman, or many woman, and possibly men?

This is explained specifically, and with clarity right here:

Practicing Sexual Alchemy/Magic

How often should one have sex?

Once a day, at most. Any more than that disturbs what is called the Creative Magnetic Pause.

One teaching explained this, as the Pillars of Jachin and Boaz being close enough together as to be able to make an Arc (Ark), but not so close to each other that there's no room for Energy (Shakti, Shekinah) to move between them.

Interestingly the word "shock" sounds like Shakti, and an electrical "arc" is related to Ark (of the Covenant), as the Sexual Energy is said to be both Solar and Electronic.

No, because anal sex is Black Tantra.

This is also explained very clearly, in this post.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Why do you suppose that he wrote "Christ" for your surname?

Perhaps it was because of the cross I have to bear.

Now I'm not saying that you were associating his African personality with my references to "White Lodge" and "Black Lodge", etc. However, sometimes people do associate such terminologies with skin color (I'm assuming this African gentleman had a skin color closer to that of the First Root Race); and, unless I'm missing something, said terminologies appear to NOT be related to skin color, as can be seen here:

No I mentioned he was African, because he was from Africa and it was his voice that made me trust him enough to let him in my home. I don't usually even answer the door truth be told.

I don't believe in races.

And I've recently replied to your posts in the Buddhism thread from a few days ago.

I'm so sorry I hadn't noticed, quick skim though, interesting reply, I have been thinking a lot about lotus flowers of late. I may not get on again before the weekend, but you're now my top priority when I do. Bedtime now though

Goodnight and meow!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Samael Aun Weor wrote that having sex during the woman's period is Black Tantra.

The benefits of Karmamudra (White Tantra) between Husband and Wife are:

Sexual Magic has the following advantages:

1. Husband and wife continue loving each other for life with growing intensity, as if they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

2. It does not fill the spouses’ lives with children.

3. Woman rejuvenates; she turns more beautiful and attractive every day, because she is daily charged with powerful forces, thanks to her husband.

4. Aged man rejuvenates and does not ever get old, because life is given to him through their creative forces. Thus, luck and happiness surround them everywhere.

5. The sense of clairvoyance is awakened in both, and so the veil of the invisible worlds is disclosed before their sight.

6. The sacred fire of the Holy Spirit illuminates them internally.

7. They unite themselves with their own Intimate (Internal God). Thus, they convert themselves into Kings and Queens of Creation, with powers over the four elements of Nature, which are earth, water, air and fire.

8. They acquire the Elixir of Long Life, which resides in the Kundalini.

9. Death will be no more.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

The Sages also prescribe once a day, to bring 'pleasure' to your wife. And yourself, of course.

And the sages also speak out against needless wasting of seed.

But also note. Orthodox Jews have large families. The greatest commandment that G-d gave man was "to be fruitful and multiply". This means have many children. Also, the best time for a woman to have children is following her ritual impurity, on the 8th day, after she immerses in the Mikvah. This has also been proven by science that a woman ovultates most on this day. Perhaps on these days, a man releases his seeds. And on the other days, simply has sex with her, without ejeculating. Makes sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

The aleph itself alludes to the tetragrammaton.

Two yods, connected by a vav = 26

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Grey Tantra

"Be Fruitful and Multiply"

I remember learning about that in a Gnostic audio lecture. It's very interesting, and is no coincidence that the first letter of the Hebrew Aleph-Beth contains the numerical value of the Hebrew name of the Tetragrammaton.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join