It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emptiness and Nirvana

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Everyone is free to choose what they're going to do.

Just know that there are taught to be better ways to awaken Tummo, or Inner Fire, than what is described in your post.

Having intentional (the Divine Mother knows our Hearts) sexual contact with menstrual blood is a way to awaken the Kundabuffer organ (which was already mentioned in this thread).

And the symbol of Dracula is basically a "masculine" counterpart of Lilith.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Tamahu because: to use a better choice of wording

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

To each their own.

"All belief is a form of limitation."-John Lilly,MD

There is a great deal to believed in the teachings of Weir,the Kabbalah,and the thousands of other seekers. And Narcissus
will believe anything to save himself (from the sacrifice of the Ego).

Can you tell us what love is?
Love is not a what. Love is the Energy of the Universe.-Alan Watts

The 10 Commandments were summed up in the New Testament at Matthew 22, when Jesus was confronted by the religious "experts" of the day:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).
edit on 14-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well whether or not we believe or don't believe that sex during menstruation will awaken the Kundabuffer, does not effect whether it actually does or not.

I at first said "to each their own" meaning that if one wishes to experiment with it in order to find out, then that's ones choice.

But this does NOT mean that I recommend doing it. Because I don't. And also, why even risk it, when there are better methods for awakening Tummo or Kundalini Fire, as taught in Gnosis and in the Vajrayana Schools.

The Eleventh Commandment

"The Intimate Christ instructs the mind and the heart and helps us to perform the First Commandment: To Love God over everything, and to love thy neighbor as thyself. This way we can perform our duty that is the Eleventh Commandment.

"So when a devotee comprehends the First Commandment, he then easily understands the four-and-twentieth mystery because in order to perform the Great Work in the Loom of God one needs to love God above all things and thy neighbour as thyself, because the law of God is sacrifice, the law of Christ."

edit on 15-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

sounds like an arrogant moron to me.

The fact he convinced others to worship him, is inexcusable.

No mature spiritually minded person compels others to worship him. Its indecent, and its arrogant, and true humility and true sincerit instead wants people to follow by your example, and not make others like you, or G-d forbid, have others worship you.

He clearly had a severe case of megalomania.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You do realize its unhealthy, and can be detrimental to a womans health to have sex during her period of mesntruation, and 7 days following it, where her uterus needs time to repair the lost lining.

What a complete idiot this adi da was...

Honestly. I cannot for the life of me say a single good thing about this guy.

He was a demagogue; thats it. He got people to worship him, fan him, and women to pleasure him...Hes like the archetypal cult leaders we see parodied so often in pop culture.

No wonder he looked so horrible when he was in his 60's. horrible man without a shred of humility/sincerity.

And compared to Ain Weor, although i do not like him much either, this guy is manifold times worse.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

That is such a rip off!

When was the book of matthew written???Hmm?

Well, the "pirkei Avot" was written in 100 CE, long before Christianity was formulated.

Excerpts frm Pikei Avot

• What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow
  • Let your friend's honor be more dear to you than your own
  • "He [Yohanan ben Zakkai] said: 'Go and see what is the right way that a man should seek for himself.' Rabbi Eliezer said 'A good eye'. Rabbi Yehoshua said 'A good friend'. Rabbi Yose said 'A good neighbor'. Rabbi Shimon said 'One who sees consequences.' Rabbi Elazar said 'A good heart'. He [Yohanan] said to them, 'I prefer the words of Rabbi Elazar ben Arach to yours, because his words include yours as well.'" (2:13)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
NAM (chiming in..)

Looks like we have the makings for yet ANOTHER classic spiritual showdown!

--- pulls down mic

"Ladies and gentlemen...!"

You guys are crazy, I hope you know.

This thread was about absolute peace, the emptiness of the fullness. Silence.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

This is kinda interesting.. It's paradoxal: When a (relatively) noble, modest person who happens to have certain information (or has thought about a lot of stuff) shares his info and goes: "I don't want to be adored" - it will make people adore him even more.

There are good things about admiration and respect too: people listen. If you want to get your point across, it's an useful tool. But there are several advantages staying faceless.

I completely agree with Tamahu (or actually with Samael Aun Weor here): if you want to learn to understand esoterica or it's inner, hidden teachings, one needs to keep an open, but a serious mindset. Arrogance and ego(ism) just get in the way. It's a form of concentration i guess.

Anyway, I feel like (or have felt for a several years now) that the time for hidden, book written magic/occult/esoterica is over (hard to explain) and we're breaking into more practical level: the universe is turning more "magical"
. This is the future, and we need to let go of several relics and stupid beliefs understand the higher states. I think especially includes stupid dogmas by the organized religion. We're not in the dark ages anymore.

It's sometimes hard to keep up with the phase, and if you sink yourself too deeply into this ancient knowledge, you may realize that the world and time has passed you by and that you've missed a lot.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think me and Dontreally finally agree on something! Yay!!!
It feels good to give you a star.

RRockyy: The first time I heard about Adi Da was from you a few months ago, and the immediate reaction I felt was just what Dontreally said, "He clearly had a severe case of megalomania.". Thus I did not pay it any mind, but as I seen you continue to post about him, and a few others supporting him as well, I thought the fair thing to do would be to look a little further into him. I must say though, the more I did, the more I felt as Dontreally does. He speaks as if he was born a prophet, a superior being rid of all human emotional flaws, and this disallows any truly compassionate connection between him and his followers. Further, for someone to follow him they must have serious confidence and self-worth issues, but that is just IMO.

The difference between someone like him and say someone like the Buddha, is that the Buddha continuously stated that he is no different from anyone else, he suffers just as all humans do, he just found a path to go beyond this suffering, thus a thorough connection is made and the follower can see the path he is teaching much more clearly. Plus the fact that the Buddha remained a homeless beggar his entire life after enlightenment shows the honest sincerity in his teachings. To me there is a huge difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Again im sorry.

I cant resist criticizing where criticism is deserved.

In the case of this adi da guy. Harshness and denouncement is perfectly valid, and necessary.

Whan Tamahu explained some things about weor (although i got to say, the idea that the angel Samael is a to be revered, it disturbing. Yes, he has a purpose, as the angel of "sam" harshness and severity but thats aboot it) lessened my initial feelings about him. Showing, i think, that ultimately i just care about modesty and sincerity. So he doesnt approve of abominable things like sodomy. Thats a start. but i still dont like the way he speaks of Rabbis. I read this in:

• Zodiacal Course
  • Esoteric treatise on hermetic astrology

He sort of sounds like Samael/Satan when he talks of the Rabbis. Seeing he considered himself an avatar of this spiritual force.

• posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    link   
    I just realized who this adi da guy reminds me of.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
    link   

Originally posted by dontreally
    I just realized who this adi da guy reminds me of.
    picture deleted

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Jesus Christ-Matthew 7:6

edit on 15-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
    link   

Again im sorry.
    I cant resist criticizing where criticism is deserved.
    In the case of this adi da guy. Harshness and denouncement is perfectly valid, and necessary.

The esoteric Jews or Kabbalists, with some help from the Romans, Denounced and Crucified your own Avatar Jesus.
    Then they created a teaching based on His Appearance and Teaching, and called it the Book of Zohar, (Radiance in Hebrew) written in the second century CE,.
    They continue to deny that Jesus was an Avatar and that anyone could become one with God.(JC-I and the Father are one.)
    Kabbalism is thus not a True NonDualist teaching. So it does
    not belong in this thread about Nirvana.

Radiance as used by Adi Da: Therefore, ultimately, the devotee simply abides in that Ignorance and Radiance that is prior to body and mind and all experience. He re-cognizes and sees the dissolution of all forms, moment to moment, in Love, which is the Radiance of Eternal Life. He exists only as that Intensity. Everything resolves in that Intensity. Truly, there is not any noticing at all-no body, no mind, no experience, no effect, no dilemma, no self, no time, no form to space, no world. He is blown out in That. His Destiny cannot be located by any one the body-mind. Experience is not necessary, or even a Way to the Divine Person. The body-mind is an illusion in the Play.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
    I thought the fair thing to do would be to look a little further into him.

Have you read the entire The Knee of Listening and the entire The Method of the Siddhas? Both available for free at the link.

If not then you should read them first before commenting if you are interested in the subject of NonDuality. Your statements so far just indicate your resistance to the Teaching and the dissolution of your EgoSelf as do many of the statements made by others in this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
    link   
    reply to post by RRokkyy

Your right. To be honest lately between these school finals and helping work on this proposal for a new school we are trying to open for minority boys in my city, I have been a little off lately with my comments here on ATS. Maybe over holiday break I will spend some time and check him out more thoroughly. He definitely says some wise things and it does seem his heart is in the right place. I do feel tho, that his own ego is a little too blown up out of proportion, and I do feel that he holds a lot of resentment towards others teachings when he should focus more on his own. Krishnamurti also gives this impression somewhat to me, although the way Krishnamurti devoted his whole life to making sure no one idolized or followed him, and the way he allowed others to question him and debate with him, insofar as his deep articulation of the subjects he spoke of, doesn't turn me off like Adi Da does. But again, I may be misjudging him and so I will look into him further when I have time. Have a good night.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
    link   

sounds like an arrogant moron to me.

The fact he convinced others to worship him, is inexcusable.

No mature spiritually minded person compels others to worship him. Its indecent, and its arrogant, and true humility and true sincerit instead wants people to follow by your example, and not make others like you, or G-d forbid, have others worship you.

He clearly had a severe case of megalomania.

You have no understanding of Eastern Religion,Nonduality,Avatars,the function of Siddha Gurus or the Teachings of Jesus.
    The only thing you bring here is your own arrogance,egotism and resistance to the Divine.
    Clearly one who doesnt believe in NonDuality shouldnt be in a thread about it.
    You dont understand the meaning of Worship. From the Eastern perspective it is to become one with the object of worship. One is
    supposed to worship the Guru.

Etymology of "worship" The verb "worship" means "to shape worth." The meanings of "worth" suggest the purpose of worshipping: to come to be equal to, or to turn toward, the highest or best values.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
    link   
    reply to post by RRokkyy

You know, I recently just got done studying Islam in my world religion class and a lot of what the Sufis believed is a lot like what the Gnostics and eastern philosophies believe. I thought that was interesting. They believed the goal is to become one with the item of worship, being Allah ("God"), and they practiced meditation heavily. You might like studying into them.

I still don't agree with the whole idea of worshiping the guru or teacher though, I believe the message is what is important and the teacher is merely the vessel in which that message is being released through. Maybe you could explain further why the guru should be worshiped?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
    link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
    NAM (chiming in..)

Looks like we have the makings for yet ANOTHER classic spiritual showdown!

--- pulls down mic

"Ladies and gentlemen...!"

You guys are crazy, I hope you know.

This thread was about absolute peace, the emptiness of the fullness. Silence.

(1.7) Adi Da - You cant argue a woman into loving you, and you cant argue individuals into the Divine Satsang of distraction. Satsang can be offered and a circumstance provided in which people can approach and become sensitive to that communicated Presence, that Siddhi. But apart from making it available openly and providing a way of approach, there is no argument whatsoever. I am completely without argument. There is nothing I can do to convince you of the Truth of this path, nothing I could do outwardly or verbally that could in itself fundamentally convince you of the relationship you must enjoy with me in order to fulfill this sadhana. It is like falling in love with someone in conventional terms in life. It is not something you argued yourself into doing. It was initially a form of distraction, of absorption, without any reasons, and perhaps if you examined it to find a reason for it, it would seem unreasonable to you, not justified. You know, your lover doesnt look the way you wanted him to look. And in many ways I dont look and act and talk like the conventional, cultic guru is supposed to! . . . Im not even pretty!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
    Maybe you could explain further why the guru should be worshiped?

The True Siddha Guru is One with God. If you worship the Guru and become one with Him you may become One with God. The Guru contacts the Devotee at the Heart and between the Eyes.The Guru Meditates the Devotee. The Guru transmits Shaktipat, or Kundalini Energy to the devotee. The Guru stands in the Heart of the Devotee and Rises as the Amrita Nadi as an S shaped thread to the Sahasrar terminating as the God Light Above the Head thus bypassing the chakras. It all takes place on the level of Super Physics. It is all a very blissful process,though not without its difficulties.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
    link   
    reply to post by RRokkyy

Hmmm... So what does the devotee do? Just remain open and receive what the guru gives him/her? When does the devotee take the reigns and begin to progress himself? When does the devotee begin to search and understand for himself? If he is not suppose to search for an understanding himself, then how did Adi Da become enlightened or "one with God"? Or is Adi Da a chosen one, say like Jesus, Muhammad and Moses were? See this is where I must question his intentions.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join