It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I've had it with madness" Challenge!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Have you had it up to here with madnessinmysoul's 'evolutionist' ramblings?

Feel like stopping his 'evolutionist' lies?

Why not try taking him down?

I'm here to announce the "I've had it with madness" challenge, whereby you can challenge me to a debate. We'll have a debate on more or less any topic you want in whatever format is suitable for the debate forum.

Any takers?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Debate + madness = argumentation

No thanks!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Naw, thanks anyways, sounds crazy to me......
Why would you want to waste yer time like that?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
HI, im not sure if my point of view will spark a debate between us or give you something new to consider, but as far as I am concerned:

We humans are God, evolving. We learn as we go, over time and through space, so that we are each unique and can exercise our free will. We make choices, and the choices that do not benefit life have a detrimental effect on our life and our world. The choices that we make that are beneficial raise the standards of our individual and collective existance. Neither creation nor evolution on its own is the ultimate truth. They both happen concurrently and in harmony. This gives meaning and purpose to life in an infinite universe. Time and space are our playground as young and inexperienced God's in training. Our awareness is our power, our spark, our third eye on the world. What we do with that awareness and power is up to each of us to decide for ourselves.

If you would like to debate this idea then I also welcome the challenge. I hope you get some bites, a good debate is fun!

Laura
xox

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Explain why you have fingernails and toenails.
Debate!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ill play, what the heck.

People seem to be at a loss as to anything they can do to help get ourselves out of these messes we are in. They say the rich dont do anything and the poor or middle class just cant get a handle. Well, these are a couple of my ideas and I'd like to see what you think about them.

The one thing I have really only ever been able to think of, of something that could be done by the rich, is to start sinking their money into some of the free energy projects we know have been invented.

I mean I know if I was filthy rich, I would start looking hard at the guy that has invented the car that runs on water. I would back him up, buy some cars and just start selling them here. Or I would look at the guy that has invented the machine that turns garbage back into oil, and start trying to utilize that on a more grand scale. Im pretty sure we have figured out how to take the salt out of water that isnt a long drown out process. To be able to turn dry fields into food, even if starting on small scale for people to be able to feed themselves is a great baby step to take.

So I do think there is a starter solution if the rich really wanted to do something. Sadly Im just a po folk with a rich idea.

I get mad when we think we can afford to spend millions on a new stadium, but we pay teachers and law enforcement and firemen a pittance. Dont even get me started on the contracts the players make. Americans really do need to change their priorities.
Wouldnt it be great if just one day, all the people that spend $100 bucks for tickets to see a game decided to give it to a food or homeless shelter. Can you imagine how many that would feed? It would also give a clear message to the players and owners that we dont appreciate their greed.I mean if you look at these numbers, a stadium that holds 75,000 people if all gave the hundred to something worthwhile instead in their own city would be $750,000.00. Now times that by the 14 games played over the weekend and you get $105,000,000.00. That is a lot of money and could feed a lot of people. You could do that with concerts as well. The price to see a show these days is nuts.

So that is another thought of mine anyway, and all peaceful as well.

Seems if we really wanted to, we could take the reins in a couple corners at least.

What do you think about that fella? Im not really here for a brawl, but I will give benefit of doubt to start the ball rolling

(side note, I would like to thank Night Star for inspiring me about this earlier today)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I pose the question to you sir what would have happend if the Nazi regime suceeded in global domination, surely it would have resulted in some very dark times however probably in the long run,many years later would have ended in a more united world under the same beliefs? Theres a mind boggler for you

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Ok, your loss. I'd make sure to keep the discussion civil.

reply to post by stirling

Because people on here seem to have a problem with my points, I'd like to discuss some of them one-on-one without derailing other threads.

reply to post by laura8peaceexperiment

Um...that's a very broad idea and sort of one without a main thesis...if you could make it more well-defined and boil it down to a single statement, I'd be up for possibly debating it.

reply to post by pirhanna

Um...I need something to bite when I'm nervous.
Seriously, is this a challenge to debate the evolutionary need for them? I'd discuss that.

reply to post by onehuman

I posted this challenge in O&C for a reason...it's related to Origins and Creationism topics, not sociopolitical ideas.

reply to post by TedHodgson

...again, this is a challenge related to Origins and Creationism topics, not speculative history.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Relevent? I think so!

edit on 6/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I take one on the last one....

So what if the Nazis would have taken over the world, in a way of war and we would have an infinite Germany, as you could call it. I don't know, but I think, it wouldn't be that scenario of hell, we are walking towards right now. Or perhaps the Nazis took us all from behind. But in both cases we have been taken from behind through media bombardment with filtered news n stuff.. because if you put one picture to the whole world picture, you would get another view of the world. But the really crazy stuff is, that someone has taken our ability to really see a picture with our head, because they called it Phantasy and told us all it would be some kind of crazy stuff, but if you think of it, it is more the ability to think about complex problems AND FINDING A SOLUTION. If you imagined a story with someone who kind of have things happening to him and then there's a happy end, you found a way to solve the problems!! Focusing on Problems is the opposite.. The not so cool thing about it is, if you imagine how we could get a kind of atlantean living, with everyone living in peaceful harmony and is educated and everyone having his own intentions given by god, and doing the right thing, you would need to have a world gouvernment. So if there is another side, except ourselves, they would try to steal our phantasy or you could call it hope I think and consider it nearly the same thing, you would steal our ability to solve problems. So this is where we are today, we nearly lost the ability to solve our own problems, so how could we think about the world? These problems are also created by someone, to get your attention away from the real problems, and if one or to persons found out the real story, no one would believe it, and tell those guys they're mentally ill. Sad thing is, they would believe it or just consider this. So they would get back to themselves and try to find a solution for their own problems, which are not really there. I think the only mental illness is believing that there is such a thing except from damages to the Body itself... and even then I question the possibility as I believe in some thing of a soul, you're allowed to contact, and you would get fear if you're not contacting it for the right intentions and loosing the connection, or feel kind of positive if you would be allowed to ask something or just "talk" and this connection stabalizes by actually doing the right thing tended on the given information.Your conscience tells you if you did the right choice or if you would have to go back again to learn the same lesson again.
Damn now you see what happens if you let me finish talking..lol

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
GOD. a humans being a god. human immortality, physical or the spirit/soul. it is just wishing by the human. they are scared and dont wont to believe that they are nothing and will die. mankind have had tens of thousands of years to make them selves believe this. is it just dreaming & wishing?

(this is not my belief, it is just some of the many possibilities I thing could be true. there could be a god, aliens with science hundreds of thousands of years ahead of us (magic))

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Have you had it up to here with madnessinmysoul's 'evolutionist' ramblings?

YES

Feel like stopping his 'evolutionist' lies?

YES

Why not try taking him down?

NAH, a waste of time, you are like the OJ Simpson Attorney for evolution. Just because you are good doesn't mean you are right.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I'm not all that good. Sure, I'm a decent debater, but the reason it's so damn easy for me is that I'm on the side of...well, truth and reason and evidence.

I know you've ducked out of...well, any discussion where I show you that you're wrong. Why not try actually showing me that I'm wrong instead of simply saying that I am? Instead of simply saying that I'm spewing 'evolutionist lies', show that they're lies.

I'll debate you on almost any title you want with regards Origins. I'll give you almost complete control over the set up of the debate.

Of course, the only issue I'll really bring up for the debate is one of time. You and I seem to be in different time zones, so we'd have to take that into account.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I'm still hoping someone will take you up on his.

There was a lady brave enough to debate Dawkins on evolution on video.
The argument was basically : (to paraphrase)

Dawkins: "here are some facts about evolution,"
Nice Christian Lady: "bugger facts, the world will be a nicer place if we teach people lies."

But I suspect, going on past experience, an ATS debate would be more on the lines of:

Madness: "Here are some facts about evolution."
Christian: "God did it."
Madness: "Here are some more facts about evolution."
Christian: "The bible says God did it."
Madness: "Here are even more facts about evolution."
Christian: "The bible is infallible. It says so"
Madness: "That's not really a logical proof."
Madness: "My belief is just as good as your belief."
Christian: "Evolution is science, not belief."
Christian: "You're an unbeliever and you're going to hell."
Madness: "Here are some skulls showing the evolution of man."
Christian: "Why should I look at them? Scientists are a bunch of overeducated liars."
Madness: "There is also genetic evidence."
Christian: "So you believe your granddaddy was a monkey!!!!"

Madness: "No, we didn't evolve from a monkey, all primates evolved from a common primate ancestor."
Christian: "So why are there still monkeys if you evolved from them?"
Madness: "Once more ... we didn't evolve from a monkey, all primates evolved from a common primate ancestor."
Christian: "Where's the missing link. No, the missing link between those missing links. No, the missing link between those ones. ohhh...
Well where's the missing link between sharks and butterflies? If evolution was real you'd have fossils of sharks with pretty wings and antenae to show me."
Madness: "If you trace back the ancestors of both, you'll find that millions of years ago ...."
Christian: "That's ridiculous. The earth is only 6000 years old."
Madness: "So where do you think all these dated fossils come from?"
Christian: "From creatures drowned in the flood of course, the one that covered the whole earth for nearly a year and killed off the dinosaurs."
Madness: "But they have been dated."
Christian: "Scientists date rock from the fossils found in it, and they date fossils from the rocks they're found in. And what do we call that? Yes, hail the Lord! It's circular reasoning!"

Madness: "But they have been dated scientifically, here's proof, and there was no worldwide flood, and man did not coexist with dinosaurs!"
Christian: "The bible says so, and the bible is god talking."
Madness: "Show me where the bible says man coexisted with dinosaurs."
Christian: "Right here. It says Jesus rode a dinosaur into Jerusalem."
Madness: "That doesn't say dinosaur. That says donkey."
Christian: "No, if you'd checked out, "The Chonicle of biblical misinterpretation Project you'd know that every Hebrew word has 500 meanings, and only true believers can tell which is the right one. Only a ponce would ride a donkey foal around. Jesus sat astride a tyrannosaurus rex!"
Madness: "Let's get back to evolution, shall we? Scientists have found the human species began in Africa.."
Christian: "But what about the real beginning? Atheist evolutionists believe we all came from nothing in the big bang but they forget their own precious science that they worship says matter cannot be created or destroyed."

Madness: "That's cosmology; we're discussing evolution."
Christian: "Then you tell me how life started. Who made the first cell?"
Madness: "That's abiogenesis; we're discussing evolution."
Christian: "Who are you to say what is evolution and what isn't? I call it all evolution and my definition deserves respect."
Madness: "There are already agreed on definitions. If we don't use agreed definitions we can't communicate.."
Christian: "Well I'm sticking to my definitions, and I define you as an unsaved anti-Christian Darwinist and I define atheism as a religion. That's why you can't understand that the universe is a giant fob-watch which proves there is a giant watchmaker in the sky who has made the devil blind you and is going to send you to hell for being blinded!"
Madness: "There may be, and there may be a teapot circling the sun. Are you interested in the evolution of dogs from the wolf?"
Christian: "That's not real evolution. That's only micro evolution."
Madness: "And what's the difference?"
Christian: "The difference is I have to believe in micro-evolution to work in my field. But that doesn't mean I believe my granddaddy was a monkey."
Madness: "Once more ... we didn't evolve from a monkey, all primates evolved from a common primate ancestor."
Christian: "That's why atheist evolutionists are so immoral. They think they're monkeys."
Madness: "Being an atheist doesn't mean you're immoral! There is proof that Christians can do immoral things too, and atheists can do good things."
Christian: "If Christians do bad things they're not Christians, and if atheists do good things, well they cant because they're atheists, so that proves Christains are good and atheists aren't."
Madness: "But I know lots of atheists who do good things."
Christian: "Impossible. I know what sort of arsehole I'd be if I didn't believe in eternal hellfires for the wicked, and you don't believe in hell, so you must be as bad as I wish I could be."
Madness: "Please try to stick to the topic and put forward a logical argument for creation without ad hominems."
Christian: "Christians are being persecuted. I'm not talking to you any more. Discussion over."

Until some ardent creationist offers to enter the ring, I guess that will have to do you, madness.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

What's sad is that your parody is so typical of discussions I've had, though I've been involved with much, much worse.

I really do wish we could go over this subject as a proper debate, it would be interesting to see the discussion actually constrained to the topic rather than...pretty much everything else.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That's too true. It was all either directly from, or inspired by, creationist posts I've read in the last few weeks.
And by you too, of course. I find your patience in dealing with people who pretend to be open to argument, but then turn it into a preaching session, inspiring.

When you want a laugh, check out the Chronicle site I linked to. It's weird that anyone can take that stuff seriously.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So it seems that there are at least a few people on here that have a problem with how I post and with the theory of evolution as I espouse it.

Is there anyone willing to walk the walk and actually debate me on the issue?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

And just to sum up that brilliant piece of writing, in picture form:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12f799e72c57.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yup--just to sum it up: a childish response from a person who is not able to think like an adult. Reminds me of a bully in the school yard. Because he was not able to comprehend what others were saying, he resorted to name calling, ridiculling and bullying. May I suggest - grow up man or you'll be known as the bully!

cciao,
edmc

ps
I would like to take you on this but it'll be hard if you have a bully hanging around.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok what is a star forreal?????????????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join