It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Reasons You WANT A Zombie Apocalypse......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Stumbled across this, and it was pretty enlightening....

www.cracked.com...

You could almost apply this to any SHTF scenario, in analyzing why some may secretly WANT such a thing, even if not consciously....

I think the biggest factor may be the Simplicity one...but feel free to read them for yourself, and see what you think.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just dont think its that simple. Especially if they remain animated even after decapitation. There is no WANT. My elder people and ill people will all parish fast. Children as well if not ept. Again no reason even if its potentially real.
edit on 12/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Free stuff
Killing zombies

thought so

Disagree with a couple though

Acting Like a Dick, Without Consequence

You will get shot quicker than now

Being the Alpha Dog

pfft screw that

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry to spoil your fun lol

7 scientific reasons why a zombie apocalypse would fail quickly

Also from cracked
edit on 6/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

That article completely ignores zombie animals, actually it uses animals as a reason it couldn't happen

A few things mosquitoes, flies and fleas. What about zombie moles and gofers or birds
a freaking bat.
edit on 6-12-2010 by aivlas because: animals

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Killing indiscriminately! As long as they aren't fast zombies.

Fast ones scare the crap out of me. The slow ones are cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Yeah that would be annoying, you have to wonder if 'zombieism' could be passed between species though. No chance of having any mosquito's round here anyway

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I just dont think its that simple. Expecially if they remain animated even after decapitation. There is no WANT. My elder people and ill people will all parish fast. Children as well if not ept. Again no reason even if its potentially real.

ok I'll play along, GREAT point BTW unless your ready to strap your loved ones to your back while you hold your weapon of choice, say good bye to all the elderly, young, and soon after say good bye to anyone that can't feed themselves

.....not sure a zombie would be any harm if they are decapitated, aside from the fact that there will be nothing to trigger muscle movement, it would still need senses and a brain to animate the body, it would still rely on senses to see you, smell you, hear you, find you

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Killing indiscriminately! As long as they aren't fast zombies.

Fast ones scare the crap out of me. The slow ones are cool.

FAST 1Z PUMPED UP ON ADRENO. FLUID MINIP COCKTAILZ.

WHY DO THESE THREADS... NVM

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's been introduced to zombie law now I'm afraid

Why do people always presume zombies eat you and aren't just easily controlled slaves

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist
.....not sure a zombie would be any harm if they are decapitated, aside from the fact that there will be nothing to trigger muscle movement, it would still need senses and a brain to animate the body, it would still rely on senses to see you, smell you, hear you, find you

Sure I shall share. Why brain function and not and part of body INFECTED SMMFH just is attracted to non infected HOST. So if you are say walking down a dark ally and an arM is laying around the it may go for you. If you see a head it may go for you if you see a torso no head or legs but arms it may go for you so in the end you end up with the population broken down to its littlest bits all just animated in vibration until they cannot ingest of attack any firther then a dust cloud covers all buildings and a shift occurs and its all washed in the seas for the next ??????? PEACE..... YOU ASKED and i left up tho them duh duh duhhhh they will bring you back memory wiped and ready to go UNTIL YOU ALL GET OUT OF LINE AND START QUESTIONING AGAIN...
edit on 12/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I thought we were already in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse???

Zombies

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
S&F for you.....damn excellent find

The main reason for me to "secretly want this Zompocalyspe to happpen because I like the unexpected element....minor reasons are;

1) "They're slow. And unarmed. There's no real threat. Sure, the movies always say the zombies have taken over the world, but come on. Every single male in that audience believes that, if they were in that world, they'd survive, no problem."

" It's a playground of destruction with no repercussions. A violent video game turned into real life. Lots of targets, no real danger. Hell on Earth, but somehow pure fun."
-evil laughing-

2) "And if, say, it comes down to you and a dozen women to help repopulate the world, you would gladly perform your duty to mankind."
DON'T tell me you gentlemen here have never thought about a scenario like this one.

"Remember, the whole reason hunting licenses exist is to limit the number of animals you're allowed to kill, because if you just declared free reign for everybody with a gun, everything in the forest would be dead by sundown. Even the trees would be mounted proudly above the late-arriving hunter's mantles. It's safe to assume that when the game changes from "three deer" to "all the rotting dead people trying to eat us," there will be no shortage of volunteers."

This is so true.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

lol kinda tough to speculate lol, but I was just saying the infected would still need senses at the very least to do there deeds, unless their body parts are magically drawn toward the uninfected, while it might not need a brain to make a severed arm move how would it identify where it wanted to go

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The sad truth is, the Zombie apocalypse is already here, the ignorant public are the zombies who spend all their time eating GMO food while watching television programing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Sorry to spoil your fun lol

7 scientific reasons why a zombie apocalypse would fail quickly

I had actually read that one first, hehe..
However, as said, that article ignores zombie animals, and also the commonly held idea, that animals (and even bugs and bacteria) may find the zombie flesh unappealing.

However, the basic ideas of the article are pretty valid. Would be hard for a bite-transmitted disease to go so global. But, what if the agent were airborne? What if it was deliberately spread? There are a lot of factors ignored in the article.

1) "They're slow. And unarmed. There's no real threat. Sure, the movies always say the zombies have taken over the world, but come on. Every single male in that audience believes that, if they were in that world, they'd survive, no problem."
" It's a playground of destruction with no repercussions. A violent video game turned into real life. Lots of targets, no real danger. Hell on Earth, but somehow pure fun." -evil laughing-

In small numbers, sure, but in large numbers, and surrounding you? Let's just say, I'd be avoiding cities...
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist

lol kinda tough to speculate lol, but I was just saying the infected would still need senses at the very least to do there deeds, unless their body parts are magically drawn toward the uninfected, while it might not need a brain to make a severed arm move how would it identify where it wanted to go

Simular to how a detached HEART will beat with just a few drops of blood. They could be attracted to the live blood, any body part infected would be driven w/o site smell or hearing towards the host. I thik it would be a high advanced technology (zombies that is).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

It's been introduced to zombie law now I'm afraid

Why do people always presume zombies eat you and aren't just easily controlled slaves

Interesting sorta like giant lizard type controlled slaves used to eat up their surroundings... Nice perspective but that would be even more interesting to know who is controlling them. If I aint know better I would say many sense this upon.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Rent the movie "Fido" about a boy and his zombie.

The premise of the movie, is that there is a Zombie War, but a company figures out a way to make them docile, and they are used as servants, manual labor. The setting is akin to the late 50's, early 60's.

It's actually a decent flick.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The clothes are nice...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join