It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: ~75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning people for adultery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hold on, let me get this straight.

So people who want to follow something thats a 1000 year old shouldn't be allowed to because you don't agree with it?

Let them do what they want in their own lands, why's is it bothering you?

Read my last reply to you on the other thread and lets see how you counter that.

Ffs i am sick of people with double standards and hypocrisy.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Doujutsu because: Grammar error

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well nothing is stopping you from voicing your disgust.Just keep it limited to the voice.

But here's the important question:

Should we interupt in their countries politicaly and millitarily and kill millions in order to establish secular democracy?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

I find it bewildering that people have so much regard for their laws, their culture and their right yet they blatently have so little regard for ours

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I find it bewildering that people have so much regard for their laws, their culture and their right yet they blatently have so little regard for ours

Huh?

Answer my question instead of deflection.

At the end of the day the blame should lie on those who allowed islamic immigration to the Western nations.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
So people who want to follow something thats a 1000 year old shouldn't be allowed to because you don't agree with it?

Again you deflect and twist to make a subject unrecognizable. It's got nothing to do with disagreeing with a religion, no matter how hard you try to make it seem like it. It's called EVOLUTION and BEING CIVILIZED.

In regards to this thread topic ... In an evolved and civilized world -
NO ONE should be able to stone a woman who is accused of adultry.
That's barbaric and it's murder.
NO ONE should be able to take a woman's right to a fair trial away.
That's ignorant and it's just men exercising power over women.
NO ONE should put a person on trial for adultry anyways.
That's a private matter.
NO ONE should whip a rape victim and claim she led a man astray.
That's beyond ignorant and uncivilized.

Let them do what they want in their own lands, why's is it bothering you?

Let Hitler mass murder 6 million Jews, Catholics, and physically disabled people.
Why should it bother anyone? :shk:

Read my last reply to you on the other thread and lets see how you counter that.

Your remarks on that thread are deflection and off topic.
You continue to try to deflect the subject and defend the undefendable.

i am sick of people double standards and hypocrisy.

I'm sick of idiots bowing to politically correct language and thinking that the mistreatment of women at the hands of an ancient misogynistic cult - which was started by a mass murdering thief and liar - is somehow something that should be respected and tolerated.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Please explain how it is not hypocritical to condemn the US for killing people in the Middle East but it's ok for them to kill (stone) themselves in the Middle East? Seems like one should be equally opposed to people dying regardless of who is doing the killing. But if someone dares point out the backwardness of Middle Eastern countries they are Islamophobes living in the Great Satan US.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No one should be able to this or that? Who are you to lay down rules or be a moral authority for others? Are you some self-proclaimed god?

And if they don't follow your way of life should they be forced to?

You said education was the way forward, yet millions of muslims in the West don't have taliban or ahmadinejad holding a gun to their heads yet they still follow their religion strictly?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Should we interupt in their countries politicaly and millitarily and kill millions in order to establish secular democracy?

Should we allow them to interupt our countries politically and militarily, to kill millions of us in order to establish a government run by Shiria law? That's the goal. The 'religion of peace' terrorists, and their empathizers, want a religious government - THEIR backwards religion that STONES WOMEN TO DEATH (which is the topic of this thread in case you fell for your own deflection attempts).

EDUCATION AND TRUTH ... that's the way to civilize people who stone women and whip rape victims and hang homosexuals - with the governments blessing - simply because they are homosexuals. This politically correct - every culture is worthy of respect - garbage is simply not true.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Difficult question and one to which there is no easy answer.
And to simply aswer yes or no is being naive to the extreme.

Do we just sit back and watch evil people use religion and the associated power and control that sometimes go's with it to brutalise and oppress millions of innocent people?

Simply saying 'we disagree' may ease the conscience but has no practical impact whatsoever, however, it is also blatantly obvious that military intervention does not work as well.

I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that I have the answers to any of the world's ill's.
I have ideas and thoughts but I suspect they would be far too idealistic and simplistic.

But of this I am certain; both appeasement and intervention do not work.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Should we allow them to interupt our countries politically and militarily, to kill millions of us in order to establish a government run by Shiria law? That's the goal. The 'religion of peace' terrorists, and their empathizers, want a religious government - THEIR backwards religion that STONES WOMEN TO DEATH (which is the topic of this thread in case you fell for your own deflection attempts).

Name me one muslim country that has forced into a Western nation in modern history and done as you stated?

EDUCATION AND TRUTH ... that's the way to civilize people who stone women and whip rape victims and hang homosexuals - with the governments blessing - simply because they are homosexuals. This politically correct - every culture is worthy of respect - garbage is simply not true.

How come millions of muslims don't seem to be enlightened by education even though they have been here in the West for decades?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

We should let them do as they please in their own countries and control our own borders.

Trying to police the whole world will never work.

It will only create more problems in the long-term.

And neither have we got the right to force our way of life onto anyone.

If they are happy than so be it.As stated in the OP's post, 75% are happy thats majority so we shoudln't have a problem with it either.

But we have freedom of speech and can voice our disgust.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Doujutsu because: Grammar error

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No one should be able to this or that?

Your attempt to downplay the evil practices of Islam is transparent.
Murdering women by stoning is hardly 'this or that'.
Whipping rape victims and saying they are at fault is hardly 'this or that'.
Hanging homosexuals in the town square because they are gay is hardly 'this or that'.
Not givine women fair court hearings is hardly 'this or that'.

Who are you to lay down rules or be a moral authority for others? Are you some self-proclaimed god?

Who are you to defend stoning women to death? That's pretty damn sick.
Your defense of it says a lot about you.
More deflection on your part. Calling for an end to this barbaric practice ...
It's called BEING CIVILIZED and BEING EVOLVED.
It's called BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS - the right to live, the right to be heard,
the right for women not to be subserviant to anyone.

And if they don't follow your way of life should they be forced to?

Again with trying to make it personal.
You keep trying but fail.
I already said EDUCATION and TRUTH .. but you continue to ignore that
and defend the undefendable.

You said education was the way forward,

And they have yet to be educated with the TRUTH of what they are doing.
People can be brainwashed and become sheeple anywhere .. at any time.
Cults are powerful things. Islam is a mindbending cult.
I did a college paper on cults for my psychology degree. islam fits the 'cult' bill perfectly.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Please read both my reply on the previous page and the last one posted.

By your way of thinking no-one should have expressed their dissatisfaction with the slave trade and slave ownership in the 19th Century?

Should we just have sat back and let Hitler and Nazi Germany continue unapposed with Lebensraum and The Final Solution?

As I frequently said, nothing in this world is black and white.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How come millions of muslims don't seem to be enlightened by education even though they have been here in the West for decades?

Already asked and already answered. They haven't been educated with the truth - the truth of where Islam came from and how it's holding them backwards. Just like you, they refuse to see the truth when it is placed in front of them. It's blasphemy to them. They've been blinded. Islam is a cult. It's deeply engrained in them. Take a psychology courses. You'll see why it takes a long time to undo the damage done by years of indoctrination and mental conditioning.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

As I frequently said, nothing in this world is black and white.

You can't ride two boats with with one feet in each.

Should we invade Iran because they hang homos and kill millions in order to establish secular order?

Let them do as they want and we should mind our own business.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

But not everyone in every country does want it.

The vast majority in Afghanistan did not want The Taliban to remain in power.

Unfortunately we have done such an half-arsed job of it, for numerous and varied reasons, it has come back to bite us in the arse.

It must be nice to see things in absolutes.
Alas, my exprience of life has taught me that there are very few absolutes in this world.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Already asked and already answered. They haven't been educated with the truth - the truth of where Islam came from and how it's holding them backwards. Just like you, they refuse to see the truth when it is placed in front of them. It's blasphemy to them. They've been blinded. Islam is a cult. It's deeply engrained in them. Take a psychology courses. You'll see why it takes a long time to undo the damage done by years of indoctrination and mental conditioning.

Riiiight so now education doesn't work either!

How long will it take to undo the damage? It seems the younger islamic generation in the West are more islamified compared to their parents and grandparents.

With all the mass media and secular education they should have been able to figure it out by now? No?

link   

Should we invade Iran because they hang homos and kill millions in order to establish secular order?

There are 2 or 3 pages of telling you that EDUCATION and telling the TRUTH is the way to go and yet here you are still spewing on about invasion and killing millions of people .. defending stoning women to death for adultry.

Let them do as they want and we should mind our own business.

Hitler would have loved you. With a world full of this attitude, he wouldn't have been stopped at killing 6 million Jews, Catholics, and physically challenged people. Wow .... be proud. :shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I wonder the gender of those being polled. Given that almost all Muslim countries consider women to be only half the worth of a man I'm going to guess this little poll to be a male opinion only.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Have you actually read everything that I've posted or are you just cherry picking?

I'm not that arrogant to suggest that I have all the answers to such a complex and important issue.
Apparently you are!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join