It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: ~75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning people for adultery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

Originally posted by Joehio
And this effects me as an American how? I'm sorry but I really couldn't care less what other countries or faiths are doing.

Precisely why America is in such a sorry state of affairs. The world doesn't stop at the Mexican border you know?

Rev.

Alright... so you want my country's military to go invade their country, or do you want my country to put heavy sanctions on them trying to change their culture and dictating how to live, or do you want me to send an angry letter? Your attitude is exactly the reason our populace is so retarded and continually gets sucked into pointless evil wars and international action. Wow some ridiculous propaganda about Muslims comes out and you're all about sticking our nose even deeper where it doesn't belong. There's atrocities in literally every country on the face of the earth, that's just reality. Do you want to invade or get involved in every one? Why does America have to deal with some backward culture when we have our own to contend with here? If those people didn't want to live under that culture they'd revolt or they'd move, simple as that. Go ask China to get involved, they're the big new kid on the block. Why does America continually get asked to get involved in other peoples' problems and then when we do everyone just bitches about it?

None of this effects me or my country, so who cares?
edit on 6-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Initially in the period following the 9/11 attacks more than 75% of Americans supported the war on terror, and even the arbitrary killing of Muslims in retaliation.

Killing of terrorists and killing of Muslims are two different things.

Prove that Americans supported killing of peaceful Muslim civilians!

Americans, if they knew, would support only about 5% of the action on foreign soil.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Really, you need proof?

There is plenty of it, and you don't need me to bring it to you.

In the first phases of the Afghan invasion to remove the Taliban from power a disproportionate number of innocent civilians were killed when compared to the 3,000 Americans that were allegedly killed by Al Qaeda on 9/11.

And yes, most Americans fully supported this. especially when the media was filtering the news being reported from the war.

How about, you show me how many Americans were opposed to the war in 2001-2003?

How quickly Americans forget their murderous lust for war and retaliation in the aftermath of September 11, 2001.

You may find some interesting reading here...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Really, you need proof?

There is plenty of it, and you don't need me to bring it to you.

In the first phases of the Afghan invasion to remove the Taliban from power a disproportionate number of innocent civilians were killed when compared to the 3,000 Americans that were allegedly killed by Al Qaeda on 9/11.

And yes, most Americans fully supported this. especially when the media was filtering the news being reported from the war.

How about, you show me how many Americans were opposed to the war in 2001-2003?

How quickly Americans forget their murderous lust for war and retaliation in the aftermath of September 11, 2001.

You may find some interesting reading here...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just as I thought, you have not proven your claim, because it is ridiculous.

Of course there were civilian causalties, caused by both sides, war is never nice. But that does not mean that Americans support killing peaceful civilians.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy
reply to post by jjkenobi

You beat me to it. It should state "75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning women for adultery".

If you got 5 wives what you gonna do??????????

By arthur blind willie reynolds

If you lose your money, great god, dont lose your mind.
If you lose your money, great god, dont lose your mind.
And if you lose your woman, please dont fool with mine.

Im gonna buy me a bulldog, watch my lady whilst I sleep.
Im gonna buy me a bulldog, watch my lady whilst I sleep.
cause women these days, theyre so doggone crooked,
That they might make off fore day creep.

Well, you cant watch your wife and your outside women, too.
You know you cant watch your wife and your outside womens, too.
Cause when youre out with your women, your wife will be at home,
Cooking your food, doing a dirt, buddy what you trying to do?

You cant watch your wife and your outside womens, too.
You know you cant watch your wife and your outside women, too.
When youre out with your women, your wife will be at home,
Doing a dirt, cooking your food, buddy what you trying to do?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Odd, because the proof exists inside of each and every American, all one needs to do is remember the emotions and feelings they had from September 11, 2001 to 2003.

Admitting you supported that back then now would be difficult, and most would either outright deny they supported it NOW, or remain silent... But the proof is there, if you are American, born and raised and witnessed 9/11/2001 and all that followed in the weeks, months and early years after. You know, and that is all the proof needed.

I understand, no one wants to accept, or admit that they were supportive now, especially after seeing what your country has done in this murderous corrupt war.

Though, it doesn't absolve you, ultimately it is a personal issue each individual will have to deal with internally when the time comes.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And what is the percentage of Americans that support shooting, gassing, poisoning and electrocuting people for murder or child molestation ?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Someday, maybe, they'll join the 21st century....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

www.gallup.com...

According to this poll, 64 % of Americans support death penalty in case of murder, and 29 % oppose it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So 64% of Americans support the death penalty for murder, and 75% of Egyptians and Pakistanis support the death penalty for adultery.

I don't see any issue here, other than another tediously Islamophobic thread on ATS.

edit on 6-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow this is sick and backwards

The "religion of peace" my ass

How is Oozy going to defend this one

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So 64% of Americans support the death penalty for murder, and 75% of Egyptians and Pakistanis support the death penalty for adultery.

How can you compare first degree murder with the "crime" of adultery?

I don't see any issue here, other than another tediously Islamophobic thread on ATS.

In this case, phobia is perfectly justified. I dont understand how rational and empathic person can NOT be shocked by culture in which majority agree adultery should be punished by stoning, and which apparently never heard of basic human rights. Maybe only people brainwashed by recently rampant political correctness virus would not see any issue here.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

How can you compare first degree murder with the "crime" of adultery?

What we would define as ''murder'' nowadays was perfectly acceptable in many cultures around the world, including our own in the recent past.

I would imagine that many people raised in some Muslim nations would consider it barbaric that adultery isn't a crime in the West.

I personally find the thought of cannibalism vomit-inducing, yet I'm sure if I was raised in a culture where it was commonplace, I may well be ravenously tucking in to a human ''steak'' !

Cultural relativism.

In this case, phobia is perfectly justified. I dont understand how rational and empathic person can NOT be shocked by culture in which majority agree adultery should be punished by stoning, and which apparently never heard of basic human rights. Maybe only people brainwashed by recently rampant political correctness virus would not see any issue here.

I don't understand how rational and empathetic people can not be shocked by a culture that agrees with executing someone for murder or adultery; however, that's my personal opinion.

There's no such thing as ''human rights'', as they're arbitrary, malleable and culturally biased.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I think anyone - male or female being whipped or stoned to death for adultery is a tad over the top, don't you? Their sex really does not have a lot to do with it. Homosexuals, in Islam are dead meat unless it is the adult male molestation of little boys.

It is not politically correct to notice that Islam is a freaking basket case of mental illness, but it is.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

When was murder 'perfectly acceptable' in British society?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

You are right that it does not matter that much if they want to torture, mutilate and murder one another in their own countries. The problem is that the Western powers that be have imported them to European countries and have palyed tootsies with shria law. Muslims have also threaten their European hosts with violence if their demands are not met.

Oklahoma having seen what Europe has done with appeasing shria law, tried to outlaw Shria in the State. A judge overtuned the State's law. So that tells you the judges of this country have every intention of imposing Shira law on the citizens of the US when it comes time that immigration numbers make it possible as in Europe.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I agree, culture and morality is fully relative and stems only from agreement in the society. But that still doesnt change the fact that from our POV their culture is backwards, violent and immoral, so we should not just turn a blind eye to it, much less allow them to migrate here with their morality. For our morals, it IS a very big issue.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Nothing surprising, even though the MSM tends to portray Islam as a threat against the West. Islam isn't, but unfortunately there are millions of Muslims who do support terrorism and plentiful who are actively involved in terrorist activities. Nevertheless, it's good to see it reconfirmed that most Muslims do not support terrorist organizations and suicide bombings.

Sorry - where exactly in MSM do they portray Muslims as a threat? - all I see is people bending over backwards to avoid conjoining the words Islamic and terrorist.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Islam is not a threat? - Europe will have a muslim majority within a few generations and will more probably erupt in a jihadi civil war well before that. They have been at war with Europe for 1400 yrs and have been narrowly repusled from outright invasion three times!

The reason most muslims frown on the terrorist hotheads is because they favour the stealth jihad by demographics, not because they disagree with thier goals - they are seeking to 'boil the frog slowly' and don't want to wake up the sheeple with terror attacks - hence the ridiculous emphasis on the (non-existent) moderate majority - as can be told from the numbers approving stoning etc!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
When was murder 'perfectly acceptable' in British society?

Capital punishment, killing intruders on your property, and further back, killing witches, ''heretics'', and other people ( such as gays ).

All of these were perfectly acceptable at one time or another, but would all be considered ''murder'' in the modern-day cultural climate of Britain.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I agree, culture and morality is fully relative and stems only from agreement in the society. But that still doesnt change the fact that from our POV their culture is backwards, violent and immoral, so we should not just turn a blind eye to it, much less allow them to migrate here with their morality. For our morals, it IS a very big issue.

You accept that cultural practices are relative, so presumably you'd agree that people in Egypt and Pakistan favouring the stoning of adulterers is as valid as people in the USA agreeing with the gassing and electrocution of murderers.

We can only judge both of these examples from a personally biased perspective that can't stand up to scrutiny.

''They'' can migrate here with their morality if they want, and unless you want to make laws against thoughts in people's heads, then I can't see a problem with immigrants from these cultures migrating to the West.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join