It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: ~75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning people for adultery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Poll: ~75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning people for adultery

www.examiner.com

In a recent poll by the Pew Research Center, this and other areas of Islam in politics were examined.

According to the poll, extremist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah received mixed rating from the Muslim public ranging from Jordan showing a slight majority of those polled see the organizing in a favorable light, to Turkey where neither Hamas nor Hezbollah had favorable ratings in double digits and are generally viewed as negative.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

All the nations in the survey view Al Qaeda negatively with only Nigeria coming close to a favorable majority at 49%. In Lebanon only 3% of those polled view Al Qaeda as favorable.

As far as Islam’s role in politics, almost all nations believe the role of Islam in politics is a good thing with Egypt and Indonesia polling at 95% saying Islam should play a large role in politics.

75% of Muslims polled in Egypt and Pakistan favor the following laws in their countries: 1. stoning people who commit adultery, 2. whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery and 3. the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion.

Majorities in Jordan and Nigeria also favor such laws.

Large majorities in several countries say suicide bombing and other acts of violence against civilian targets in order to defend Islam from its enemies are never justified.

The following countries participated in the survey: Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey.

Nothing surprising, even though the MSM tends to portray Islam as a threat against the West. Islam isn't, but unfortunately there are millions of Muslims who do support terrorism and plentiful who are actively involved in terrorist activities. Nevertheless, it's good to see it reconfirmed that most Muslims do not support terrorist organizations and suicide bombings.

They should learn some lessons in human rights though. Stoning people for adultery, how sick. We're not living in the 14th century anymore.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-12-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When's the last time a man was stoned for adultery? The only times I read about it a woman bites the dust.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You beat me to it. It should state "75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning women for adultery".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So what if they support sharia in their own countries?

Would that be a good enough reason to drop cluster bombs and kill millions and force secular democracy down their throats?

Let them do what they want in their own nations.

People complain that muslims should go back from western nations and practise sharia in their own countries.

Well than let's stop the hypocrisy and let them practise their reglion in their own countries.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If I caught my missus sleeping around with another I would probably want to stone him and her. But It is a bit harsh I guess as a law.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
When's the last time a man was stoned for adultery? The only times I read about it a woman bites the dust.

If "He" is married and has an affair "She" being single or married, She threatened the sanctity of his marriage. If "she" was married and "He" was single or married "She" violated her vows.

Makes perfect sense to me...
He's the victim. She was the cause.

edit on 6-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Well than let's stop the hypocrisy and let them practise their reglion in their own countries.

Sure, I agree. Doesn't mean that you cannot criticize such retarded practices.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Thank you for the information - and the unbiased, non-racist review of Muslim (not Islamic) tendencies.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Sharia Law is a disgrace to Islam and akin to terrorism. Yes they can do it in their own country but bring it to mine & it's war!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

3. the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion.

now that is a disgrace! Worth going to war on this one to help free these oppressed people! As much as people bag the USA they do help the genuine in need such as these people. They seem to be living Hotel California "You can check out but you can never leave" Yet most of these Muslims who support this garbage have a go at Israel for being in humane. Hypocrisy at it finest! Sharia law will never rule the world. USA, UK, Russia & China will together insure this!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
And this effects me as an American how? I'm sorry but I really couldn't care less what other countries or faiths are doing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio
And this effects me as an American how? I'm sorry but I really couldn't care less what other countries or faiths are doing.

Precisely why America is in such a sorry state of affairs. The world doesn't stop at the Mexican border you know?

Rev.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

75% of Muslims polled in Egypt and Pakistan favor the following laws in their countries: 1. stoning people who commit adultery, 2. whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery and 3. the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion.

Wow, is this source credible? Thats just sick.

"Religion of peace"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Initially in the period following the 9/11 attacks more than 75% of Americans supported the war on terror, and even the arbitrary killing of Muslims in retaliation.

With enough misinformation and propaganda, perhaps Americans would have supported the public stoning of Muslims as well at that time.

When did Americans become the moral authority of the world?

We have proven ourselves capable of evils even worse than those we judge as barbaric.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Initially in the period following the 9/11 attacks more than 75% of Americans supported the war on terror, and even the arbitrary killing of Muslims in retaliation.

Hey,

Have a source to prove that claim?
Or are you just posting your opinion?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I do not support the death penalty.

Nor do i support stoning for adultery. But by the same token, i do not lament the death of an adulterer. My first wife did it to me. It sucks.

I could not imagine doing that to my wife. She IS my heart.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Come on Slayer, were you asleep at that time?

The early weeks and months after those attacks?

It was likely closer to 100% support.

Operation Enduring Freedom was incredibly popular among the vast majority of Americans, at least through the earliest and most brutal phases.

No source required.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

My point being is what does 9/11 have to do with Islam stoning people over adultery?
Nothing. You just wanted to take a cheap shot at the US.

edit on 6-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Killing of terrorists and killing of Muslims are two different things.

Prove that Americans supported killing of peaceful Muslim civilians!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join