It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security now teaming with Wal Mart stores nation wide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Press Office
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Dec. 6, 2010

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.

“Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe,” said Secretary Napolitano. “I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities.”

drudgereport.com...

How much more ridiculous is it going to get?
edit on 6-12-2010 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can just see it now.

A man goes to Wally World to buy
some ammunition for his rifle so he can
get a deer on the first day of hunting season
and somebody reports him as being a terrorist
and next thing u know, he's got DHS kicking in his door.

What a sad state of affairs this whole
terrorist thing has turned into.

Orwell, here we come !!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Several times now our local supermarket has rushed up to the check out to remind me that my children need to pay for the donuts they took from the bakery... we are blown away by this and even joke to the teller and supervisor who is the patsy for the donut politizia in our local market, this only happened after they put in the new security system, and is very embarrassing for 'them' because my kids have already paid for the doughnuts, lol.;

It is really really weird, but I always get the feeling I am being watched at the stores which have the new spy technology.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I suppose they don;t want us to identify illegal aliens at Walmart do they?
About half the shoppers at ours at any given time speak Spanish.
Or maybe we should be on the lookout for 8' tall toy robots like the one that nearly destroyed Denver, Co.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow

How much more ridiculous is it going to get?

How long until people wake up and do something?

To quote a friend of mine...

Does it affect the price of hookers and beer? If not, who cares.

He means it as a joke, but the sentiment is accurate. As long as the TV stays on and McDonalds is open the masses won't care what happens.
edit on 6-12-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can only imagine what will happen to those who carry openly in States where doing so is legal. I can see going in to buy a Nintendo game for your kid and ending up prone on the pavement for simply exercising your inalienable right to self defense.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh wonderful. I see alot of news tips comming in from drunken college students to report an arab looking fellow named, "M'ah Baulz'iz'haree" buying tons of ammo at Walmart.

sigh.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No doubt! I've found Wal Mart to have the best prices for shotgun, .22LR and .45ACP ammo. So I guess if I walk out with a few hundred rounds I should be prepared to be subjected to some dimwitted DHS agent who wants to know why I've purchased my ammo.
edit on 2010/12/6 by GradyPhilpott because: replaced needless quote with "reply to" tags.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is an easy solution to this problem. Don't just report suspicious activity. Report everything! Someone on their phone? Looks like a terrorist to me! Someone buying more than single quantities of any item? Looks like terrorist preparations to me! Flood them with so many leads they are forced to shut down this simple minded attempt to get americans to spy on one another.

Edit: And when calling give ultra vague and super generalized descriptions of the potential terrorist you are calling about!

edit on 12/6/2010 by SpaDe_ because: detail

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why even bother with the ammo part;

Billy hates Johnny. The reason he hates him does not matter, he just wants to cause him grief. Billy goes to a payphone and calls the new "see something say something" hotline and leaves a message about how Johnny is stressed out and talking about setting off a bomb in WalMart. The next time Johnny goes to WalMart he is swarmed with cops and despite pleading innocence must still be brought to the station to be questioned, etc. Johnny spends 6 hours at the police station thanks to Billy's anonymous "tip". All he wanted was to buy some socks to match his new shoes that Billy is jealous of. Thanks DHS for giving bad guys yet another way to screw with innocent people.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is just not getting any better. I would say within a decade we will in all out terrorism controlled government. Make sure you have the bag packed and ready to go. where I have no idea. Wallmart won't get my business in anyway if they actually train their employees to turn in the everyday hunter for buying a couple boxes of ammo.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

That's a great idea lol!
edit on 2010/12/6 by GradyPhilpott because: replaced needless quote with "reply to" tags.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's tempting to head over to China Mart, pop an alka seltzer tab in my mouth and just start walking around the store aimlessly asking people where the underwear aisle is as the foam drips out of my mouth.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yeah, it's all fun and games until they arrest some giant, heavy-set, anorexic midget with brownish blonde hair and greenish blue eyes.

You know he's out there

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I heard something like this a few years back, where wally world was basically spying on shoppers and reporting purchases of ammo to DHS. Really, it reminds me of the witch trials. I can see people reporting each other because of a grudge or something.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is it just me or does this system sound a lot like the system used for witch hunts in days gone by? How many people will be reported as terrorists simply because their neighbors dislike them? This country is headed straight down the crapper.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

About 3 weeks ago I went into Cabela's to buy ammo. When I was checking out I had 400 hundred rounds of ammo because it was cheap and I had the money, and all these people around me kept giving me weird looks and some people even looked nervous. The guy behind me kept on looking at the ammo and then at me and says, excuse me, but how much ammo is that? I told him it was 400 rounds of 7.62 and he said is that for a rifle I again ssaid yeah because it was sort of cheap and its not gona get any lower. The guy looked at me like I was a terrorist just because I was buying a somewhat large amount of ammo. I thought it was plain ridiculous after he asked me that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Walmart use to be a great place to shop... Use to be that is..... The workers were friendly, the service was good, the produce always fresh... Now it's just a monster the 800lb gorilla in the room....

Who doesn't shop at walmart now? EVERYONE has went there to buy, atleast once or twice.... It is almost impossible for poor families NOT to buy there....

Wait until one gets blown up through a false flag operation and TSA is at the doors to pat us down and put us through scanners... NWO shall we say?

The rich still go to walmart but they call it "sams club" you pay for an elite membership to shop for your small restaurant or small gas station...

The government will say "well it's to big to fail".... While they control everything that comes out of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

There is an easy solution to this problem. Don't just report suspicious activity. Report everything! Someone on their phone? Looks like a terrorist to me! Someone buying more than single quantities of any item? Looks like terrorist preparations to me! Flood them with so many leads they are forced to shut down this simple minded attempt to get Americans to spy on one another.

I LOVE IT!

It is the same thing I am recommending for the small business killing new law: $600/vendor/year and you must file a 1099. ...tucked away in the legislation that made Obamacare into law is a tax provision that will be a compliance nightmare for businesses...

I suggest buying from as many vendors as possible and flood the IRS. Pass it on. Organize to help small businesses cope. Plenty of retired people around to help.

AND remember if you are a small business pay cash for $601 worth of supplies in a year and demand Walmart's EIN (business SS#) - I can't wait.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yeah, it's all fun and games until they arrest some giant, heavy-set, anorexic midget with brownish blonde hair and greenish blue eyes.

You know he's out there

Lol! Yeah if they look long enough they just might find them. All the while more phone calls keep rolling in with similar individual description to waste even more time. Hey it could be a win win. If we keep them busy enough they will have to employ so many people looking for boogie men/women it will boost the economy and shrink unemployment!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join